YC/BC Corporate Rate-is this a good rate?

ZachnElli

<font color=green>Is it Spring yet?<br><font color
So we are going to YC/BC in July, 5 nights paid for through dh's work. We called to see about extending it a few nights and they gave us the coporate rate (this was a different phone number, but to WDW) of $175/night in July. I'm sure it's a standard room. Is this a good rate? We haven't been to WDW in 3 years so I'm completely out of touch with what a night there normall costs!

It's an excellent rate for either the Beach Club or Yatch Club. Take it! You wouldn't be able to get these rates from any other discount, not even military, or AAA. You are lucky! :goodvibes

Yes that is a good rate. I believe the rack rate for a standard room at that time is around $380 per night.

Thanks for the quick replies! Awesome, dh will be so thrilled that he's the one to "find" the great deal for once!;)

Wow, that's a great deal. May you have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Thanks for the quick replies! Awesome, dh will be so thrilled that he's the one to "find" the great deal for once!;)
Tell him he got a very good rate. We were quoted AP rates for last July and, IIRC, the lowest was in the mid 200's. We ended up goping with the Poly since I wanted to feel like I was away and the theming for YC/BC seems to closely resemble our area of the country

Have a terrific vacation

So we are going to YC/BC in July, 5 nights paid for through dh's work. We called to see about extending it a few nights and they gave us the coporate rate (this was a different phone number, but to WDW) of $175/night in July. I'm sure it's a standard room. Is this a good rate? We haven't been to WDW in 3 years so I'm completely out of touch with what a night there normall costs!

May I ask how you get this rate? And what is this special phone number? The reason why I ask is, im going to the Yacht Club in July too! Thanks!

That's a good rate! We are doing BC standard view in July with the 4/3 deal and are thrilled that the room comes to roughly $185.00+tax per night ($214.00)

What companies have corporate rates? I'm in the market for a new job, and I might as well start with ones that have a Disney fringe benefit. I've never heard about this. Is there a list of known companies. Any info would be greatly aprreciated

Thanks
Jack

What companies have corporate rates? I'm in the market for a new job, and I might as well start with ones that have a Disney fringe benefit. I've never heard about this. Is there a list of known companies. Any info would be greatly aprreciated

Thanks
Jack

It does not work like that. If the company you are working for is having a meeting or conference at that hotel and they contract out meeting space and hotel rooms from Disney or any other hotel they are having a meeting in, there is a contract for a specific amount of time, the exact dates, etc. The discount cannot be gotten at any time, just during the period that your company has a contract for. The rate fluctuates based on number of rooms being guaranteed by the host business, how much food and beverage is being purchased, and how much meeting space is being used. I hope that makes more sense.:goodvibes

Oh
Thanks for the info. The way people were posting it appeared to be a discount like AAA good any time. The last thing I would want to do is pay for a room my self and have to go to work at Disney. That would not be worth the discounted room on my companies terms. Now if they were to pay for my room while I worked that would be a different story.:goodvibes

Thanks again
Jack

Oh
Thanks for the info. The way people were posting it appeared to be a discount like AAA good any time. The last thing I would want to do is pay for a room my self and have to go to work at Disney. That would not be worth the discounted room on my companies terms. Now if they were to pay for my room while I worked that would be a different story.:goodvibes

Thanks again
Jack

Well, usually the company pays for your hotel room during the conference but if you want to extend beyond the conference you would pay out of pocket for your room. It still works out because my company would pay for me to fly to a location and I only had to pay for the room at the discounted corporate rate. I got to stay in some great properties. Now we are staying at ASMu.:rotfl:

Well, usually the company pays for your hotel room during the conference but if you want to extend beyond the conference you would pay out of pocket for your room. It still works out because my company would pay for me to fly to a location and I only had to pay for the room at the discounted corporate rate. I got to stay in some great properties. Now we are staying at ASMu.:rotfl:

Yes, the company is paying for 5 nights and Disney will let us extend our trip at the same rate. The company is also paying for a breakfast and a dinner as well as $250 in Disney money. I'm really interested in the dinner as it is described as a "dinner event", so I'm wondering if it's the luau or something! Also, there are 2 groups going, we are in group 1. We had to win this trip, it's not just for anyone. DH is suppose to have some business meetings, but he's already said, "I'm gonna be at WDW, I'm not going to any stinking meetings!" ;)

I guess I'll add, they are only giving us $800 to get there, we are a family of 5, so we are driving. It's hard to get airfare from here to there for under $300 and that's not a direct flight. Technically, the trip was for 2, we have to pay to add our kids, so the $800 would have paid for the 2 of us easily, just not 5.

Yes, the company is paying for 5 nights and Disney will let us extend our trip at the same rate. The company is also paying for a breakfast and a dinner as well as $250 in Disney money. I'm really interested in the dinner as it is described as a "dinner event", so I'm wondering if it's the luau or something! Also, there are 2 groups going, we are in group 1. We had to win this trip, it's not just for anyone. DH is suppose to have some business meetings, but he's already said, "I'm gonna be at WDW, I'm not going to any stinking meetings!" ;)

I guess I'll add, they are only giving us $800 to get there, we are a family of 5, so we are driving. It's hard to get airfare from here to there for under $300 and that's not a direct flight. Technically, the trip was for 2, we have to pay to add our kids, so the $800 would have paid for the 2 of us easily, just not 5.

Whenever I planned "dinner events" they were private parties. Depending on the budget of the company and the number of people invited, we had options to rent out rides and then have dinner served at the ride. This was the most expensive option. While staying at the YC, I had a great party on the beach with a carnival theme. We had another event indoors, in the conference center with tons of themeing. Whatever they choose, it will be fun. If it is a small group then maybe the dinner event will be the Luau or something similar, but I doubt they would have gotten such a great corporate rate unless they were renting out a ton of rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter