• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Whelp.. as a family we decided to cancel our May 16-22nd trip. I just dont wanna get my Hope's up for a trip that will possibly never happen. We have decided to move our trip to May next year and more of our family can go now too. I pray all of you are able to enjoy a lovely and wonderful May Disney trip this year!!! ❤

southwest airlines will be reducing their flights by 20% from april to mid June in specific markets say they are still working on this process and will contact those customers who will be affected. I am worried as my ticket was rebooked from a previous flight and has an expiration date of May 20th, 2020! I’m pretty sure I’ll lose the entire amount.
Have you seen this (official SW website)

• Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021
  • Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021

We have tickets for the Cirque de soleil and I’m assuming that will be closed but see no option to cancel and get a refund has anyone been able to do so???

I’m sad to say it but we’re cancelling our May 5th trip. With the way things have been going, I’m not sure the parks will even be open (especially after reading that FL restaurants are “take out only“ through early May). Besides that, the stress of wondering was starting to take control over my life. Seriously, it’s all I could think about. It’s such a bummer to let go of all our ADRs and FPs after all the time I’ve invested into making this trip perfect but it’s the right decision for us.

In better news, I still have a quick 4 day trip planned in July, for hubby’s birthday.
Also, we rented DVC points, for the May trip, and the owner was nice enough to reschedule us. We’re officially moving to the Aug/Sept boards. Let the planning commence once again.

I sincerely hope that the parks are open for all the hopeful May guests. Best of luck to you all. :flower1:

I know no one has any way to know at this point, but I wish I had a better idea of whether our May 26-June 1 trip was still going to happen. We're supposed to make fastpass reservation soon, and we have a bunch of great ADR. If we have to push the trip to later in the summer, knowing sooner rather than later would ensure that we could still pick up some of those dining reservations. Oh well, we'll just keep waiting hoping, and listening for news :)

I know no one has any way to know at this point, but I wish I had a better idea of whether our May 26-June 1 trip was still going to happen. We're supposed to make fastpass reservation soon, and we have a bunch of great ADR. If we have to push the trip to later in the summer, knowing sooner rather than later would ensure that we could still pick up some of those dining reservations. Oh well, we'll just keep waiting hoping, and listening for news :)
We are in the same boat. Our trip is scheduled for May 29-June 6. In fact it actually is a reschedule from March 27-April 4. I was able to get all of our ADRs and our FP (#2) booking day is March 30.. I really don’t want to have to replan the same trip for the third time, but I may not have a choice.

Is it possible for you to book an alternate trip at a later date just in case? We were booked mid May and now have a room only booked for October in case we have to cancel May. I will make ADR's and FP when the dates come up. If May is a go, we will cancel October.

Is it possible for you to book an alternate trip at a later date just in case? We were booked mid May and now have a room only booked for October in case we have to cancel May. I will make ADR's and FP when the dates come up. If May is a go, we will cancel October.

I'm not sure...we'd have to put a deposit on the secondary trip, right? Finances are tight right now. We also booked *everything* (including flight) through Disney, so I don't want to get stuck with anything non-refundable for the backup trip.

I'm not sure...we'd have to put a deposit on the secondary trip, right? Finances are tight right now. We also booked *everything* (including flight) through Disney, so I don't want to get stuck with anything non-refundable for the backup trip.
Correct, a room only reservation requires a one night deposit paid when you book, the balance isn't due until you check in, and you do have until 5 days before your trip to cancel for a full refund

that is what I did yesterday. Room only reservation

Me too. Early Sept before Labor Day. My AP currently expires in early August, so that will be extended. Not quite long enough yet... but I'll deal with that if we can't go in May.

that is what I did yesterday. Room only reservation
Thats what I did too for Sept. too, and honestly that is all we ever do. I never do the package because luckily i can afford the up front one night deposit and love the thought I can cancel anytime before the 5 days before. I totally understand some people liking the lower deposit and payment schedule of the package but for ourselves it isn't needed.

I’m sad to say it but we’re cancelling our May 5th trip. With the way things have been going, I’m not sure the parks will even be open (especially after reading that FL restaurants are “take out only“ through early May). Besides that, the stress of wondering was starting to take control over my life. Seriously, it’s all I could think about. It’s such a bummer to let go of all our ADRs and FPs after all the time I’ve invested into making this trip perfect but it’s the right decision for us.

In better news, I still have a quick 4 day trip planned in July, for hubby’s birthday.
Also, we rented DVC points, for the May trip, and the owner was nice enough to reschedule us. We’re officially moving to the Aug/Sept boards. Let the planning commence once again.

I sincerely hope that the parks are open for all the hopeful May guests. Best of luck to you all. :flower1:

We're in the same boat. As of today we're holding out hope for our scheduled trip for May 3-9, had great fastpasses, a couple of dining res. and Epcot Moonlight Magic. We'll probably cancel in the next day or two and try to book something in the fall.

I just booked a room for our backup dates. We're still not planning to cancel our 5/2 reservations until there's an official word from Disney (otherwise we'd have to pay to move our park ticket dates), but we wanted to make sure that we will definitely have a room. It's fully refundable, so we can cancel it if Costco will let us modify the dates on our existing package. If they won't, the direct-booked rates will end up costing us around $1200 more than Costco, but at least we'll have a room.

I understand why Disney hasn't announced any further closures (don't overwhelm call centers; don't cause more people than necessary to cancel just in case the situation / gov. restrictions change in the next month), but given the current FL restrictions, early May seems like a long shot now, so it would be nice to have a definite answer so we can start the process of changing our dates. All the uncertainty is driving me up the wall.

Alright my fellow May travelers; it is with great sadness and lots and lots of second guessing myself, I am officially pulling out of my May 3-9 trip and rescheduling to June 14-20 (for now, fingers crossed) I want to be able to book dining and try to get what I want and have FP day be available without trying to scramble things together. With all the uncertainty going on, I don’t want to risk anything regarding the parks and my/my families health. :sad1:

There is a TON of availability for April on the DVC calendars. Every resort has rooms available. Value studios and CL studios are available at AKV. Idk if people know something or if they are going on gut feelings. We have a trip for Wilderness Lodge and Copper Creek for the last week of May. We are also booked for September (but we were going in September already) and I added December.

I hope that they open May 1. But as each day goes by that there is no mandatory quarantine/self isolation for 2 weeks then we will there be that much more time lapse for normalcy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter