• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay! I got everything!! Now want some feedback!

tiredsigh

Mouseketeer
I didn't need to set an alarm this morning. I was so excited about hitting 180 days today that I woke up at 4:25! ;) Online opens up at 5:00 am my time so I was downstairs away from the sleeping family and got ready.

Here's what I have for our DxDDP:

5/2/2009 Sunday
O'hanas 5:30 pm

5/3/2009 Monday
Crystal Palace 8:05 am
Tony's 1:00 pm
Chef Mickey's 5:45 pm

5/4/2009 Tuesday
Cape May 7:30 am
Sci Fi 12:30 pm
1900 Park Fare 5:00 pm
Chip & Dale campfire planned that night! Are we looking good time wise for this? :confused3

5/5/2009 Wednesday
O'Hanas 7:30 am
Teppan Edo 12:30 pm
Le Cellier 6:05 pm

5/6/2009 Thursday
Donald's Breakfast 8:05 am
Tusker House/Finding Nemo 1:35 pm (Is this worth it? We are skipping Yak and Yeti for this reserved seating.)
Chef Mickey's 6:15 pm

5/7/2009 Friday
1900 Park Fare 8:00 am
Crystal Palace 12:40 pm

It's me, DH, DD (11), and DS (2). So we are doing a lot of character meals. Those meals are some of our best WDW memories. Plus, I hate standing in a character line :upsidedow

My only concern not mentioned above is Tony's. DD loves Olive Garden, and I've read here that you'll like Tony's if you like Olive Garden. I am debating on LTT instead. We did the Plaza the last time so we are looking for a different lunch spot in MK.

Any thoughts?

So excited :woohoo:

Well I'm drooling! I agree with the character meals. We do Chef Mickey's twice every trip. Have fun making memories!!!

Thanks! We really enjoy the character meals. As a family, we don't do as many rides. We're a disney family that enjoys the atmosphere.

I have never been to Camp Wilderness. Is it pretty easy to get to from the Grand Floridian?

I didn't need to set an alarm this morning. I was so excited about hitting 180 days today that I woke up at 4:25! ;) Online opens up at 5:00 am my time so I was downstairs away from the sleeping family and got ready.

Here's what I have for our DxDDP:

5/2/2009 Sunday
O'hanas 5:30 pmNever done

5/3/2009 Monday
Crystal Palace 8:05 am LOVE LOVE LOVE
Tony's 1:00 pm we've always had a good meal here, and definitely prefer lunch over dinner
Chef Mickey's 5:45 pmwe prefer breakfast over dinner; I think the time between lunch and dinner is sort of close...especially going to a buffet

5/4/2009 Tuesday
Cape May 7:30 am Our third favorite breakfast (Boma recently became #2 after Crystal Palace0
Sci Fi 12:30 pm Went here for the first time in about 10 years last month and had a great lunch--the onion rings were to die for
1900 Park Fare 5:00 pmnever done
Chip & Dale campfire planned that night! Are we looking good time wise for this? :confused3

5/5/2009 Wednesday
O'Hanas 7:30 am don't like Stitch or Family Style, so we've not been since they changed it from "Minnie's breakfast" and buffet
Teppan Edo 12:30 pm never done
Le Cellier 6:05 pm A MUST for us every trip

5/6/2009 Thursday
Donald's Breakfast 8:05 amnever done
Tusker House/Finding Nemo 1:35 pm (Is this worth it? We are skipping Yak and Yeti for this reserved seating.)never done
Chef Mickey's 6:15 pmsame as above...and again lunch and dinner too close together?

5/7/2009 Friday
1900 Park Fare 8:00 amnever done
Crystal Palace 12:40 pmnever done (after a so-so visit to Chef Mickey's five years ago and two horrible experiences at H&V we don't do lunch/dinner buffets with the exception of Biergarten and Cape May Cafe)

It's me, DH, DD (11), and DS (2). So we are doing a lot of character meals. Those meals are some of our best WDW memories. Plus, I hate standing in a character line :upsidedow

My only concern not mentioned above is Tony's. DD loves Olive Garden, and I've read here that you'll like Tony's if you like Olive Garden. I am debating on LTT instead. We did the Plaza the last time so we are looking for a different lunch spot in MK.

Any thoughts?

So excited :woohoo:

Our comments are in red.

Thanks, KatMark!

Based on your suggestion, I changed the CM's from 5:45 to a later time.

I'm still trying to get Tusker House for 1:00 pm instead of 1:35. My 2 year old saw a picture of the Nemo show and wants to go. But with a 2 year old, I think reserved seating would serve us well. We don't have to be up front. I just don't know if it is worth it :confused3 If I can get us a seat pretty easily for the 3:15 show without Tusker House, I'd do Yak and Yeti.

I didn't find CM's to be the best dinner. It was fine for us. However, the kids love it. They could do CM's and CP for almost every meal if I let them. :lmao:

Congrats on getting everything you wanted. We have eaten at both Tony's and LTT. I'd have to say LTT would be the winner in my family but we did like both.

Wow lots of food!

We'll see you at 1900 Park Fare on the 4th for dinner :) Our reservation is for 5:35

You'll have a blast eating at all those places!

Wow lots of food!

We'll see you at 1900 Park Fare on the 4th for dinner :) Our reservation is for 5:35

You'll have a blast eating at all those places!

:)
We loved that dinner! The sisters and stepmother make that dinner!

It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun and hopefully a lot of good meals. We love the character breakfasts too and I like your plan of doing them early. We are trying Tony's for the first time next trip too. It gets a lot of mixed reviews here on the boards, but the menu looks appealing and the restaurant looks neat.

It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun and hopefully a lot of good meals. We love the character breakfasts too and I like your plan of doing them early. We are trying Tony's for the first time next trip too. It gets a lot of mixed reviews here on the boards, but the menu looks appealing and the restaurant looks neat.

DH and I aren't big ride people. We do the kids rides with the kids and do the shows. The character meals are such a highlight for us :goodvibes

I don't expect a high end Italian restaurant out of Tony's. And that's ok. I'm hoping that with realistic expectations, we'll be happy.

I have severe food allergies so CS places are a lot more difficult. TS allows me to pre-plan with Disney. I can't expect perfection out of a theme park restaurant.

Wow-that's a lot of food! Good places though. As far as getting to the Chip and Dale campfire, I wouldn't let the kid's hearts get set on it. You never know with 1900 Park Fare Dinner. We were there last May. We had a 6:15 ADR, got there and checked in at 5:45, and didn't get seated until 7:15. The characters were slow at getting to our table, so we didn't get out of there until almost 9:00 p.m. I had visions of being out of there no later than 7:30 and spending the evening at DTD- Didn't happen.

Wow-that's a lot of food! Good places though. As far as getting to the Chip and Dale campfire, I wouldn't let the kid's hearts get set on it. You never know with 1900 Park Fare Dinner. We were there last May. We had a 6:15 ADR, got there and checked in at 5:45, and didn't get seated until 7:15. The characters were slow at getting to our table, so we didn't get out of there until almost 9:00 p.m. I had visions of being out of there no later than 7:30 and spending the evening at DTD- Didn't happen.

I'm hoping we make it. We chose an early-ish seating to help. :wizard: My kids are really flexible. If we don't make it, they're just fine running around a gift shop somewhere or going to the pool ;) But I schedule so many character meals that they don't miss a beat if one doesn't go as planned.

I noticed the last time we went that it was a pretty long wait. But it was the week before Christmas so we looked at the fun stuff in the lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter