Yay. Got AKL $129!

SouthofWDW

Earning My Ears
Just got it today... FL residents rate for 3 nites in September. I'm a little nervous about the hotel because I didn't love the WL. I'd prefer the Boardwalk, GF, or Yacht, but I'm looking to save some money now. I think the African theme is a little more appealing to me than WL's theme, although I hope I don't feel like I'm in the boonies. Anyways, I've been a lurker for a while, but since I have a trip booked I decided to post! have a magical day! :earsboy:

SouthofWDW said:
Just got it today... FL residents rate for 3 nites in September. I'm a little nervous about the hotel because I didn't love the WL. I'd prefer the Boardwalk, GF, or Yacht, but I'm looking to save some money now. I think the African theme is a little more appealing to me than WL's theme, although I hope I don't feel like I'm in the boonies. Anyways, I've been a lurker for a while, but since I have a trip booked I decided to post! have a magical day! :earsboy:

Hi,

Is that rate with or without tax? What view is it for?

Without tax - standard view. The pool view would have been $20 more a night.. I figured for $60 dollars less I'd take my chances with the standard view, although the pool view looks gorgeous from pictures. :earseek:

You will probably get a complimentary upgrade to at least pool view.

I absolutely LOVED the AKL, but then again, I am sure you can tell by my name how I feel about the WL! :lovestruc There were actually a few things I liked about AKL more than WL...I love the restauarants and I think the counter service restaurant there "mara" kicks Roaring Forks butt. Their pool is awesome, also.

I did feel a bit out in the boonies while there, and DH and I decided next time we stay there it will be to just soak in the resort...we won't focus on the parks when there.

Have fun and congrats on that great rate.

How did you prove that you are a FL resident?? Do they just need your address/etc? My stepfather has a vacation home in FL, could we use that? I'd love to be able to stay at AKL!!

First of all....welcome to the DIS!

Great rate at the AKL.

I think you will really enjoy it! :banana:

Camping Griswalds said:
How did you prove that you are a FL resident?? Do they just need your address/etc? My stepfather has a vacation home in FL, could we use that? I'd love to be able to stay at AKL!!

I believe you have to present a valid florida ID upon checkin.

I'm jealous! The best I can get with AAA is $169 for a standard room.

Has anyone heard of any better deals for us non-FL, non-AP people? :confused3

Thanks,
Mrs. PB

WLL: I agree with you on everything about AKL and WL, but I have to say I enjoyed WL's pool a lot more, same goes with the pool bar. :p

In order to get a FL resident rate, you need to present:

*Florida driver's license or ID card
*Utility bill, in the name of the person the reservation is under, coupled with photo ID
*Military ID

I also do not care for WL, but love AKL. Haven't stayed at the others you mention so can't compare. I like being a little away from it all, feels more like an adventure. And the resort is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter