Yak & Yeti- Landry's Membership Question

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
Our plan is to eat lunch/dinner at Yak & Yeti on our AK day in early October. On another thread someone mentioned buying the Landry's Membership for $25 and getting the $25 reward, plus a $25 birthday reward. Can these rewards be used with the AP discount? Even if it can't, I think the membership will be a good deal for us. Can someone comment on whether the below makes sense and I understand how this works.

We still have 20+ days until we leave so if I sign up soon I should get a card in time. If I don't, I can still redeem rewards with ID and phone number, correct? My mom's birthday is this month, which I think means her birthday reward would expire Oct 15. Can I sign up for her, using her name and DOB (she'd never do it herself), but with my mailing address and phone number for ease of management? Do they check the registered address against the address on the ID or just the name? Can I use both the $25 new member reward and the birthday reward at the same time? Would she have to pay directly or could we use our magic bands? I think the site said the member had to pay but I'm not sure how that works at Disney with room charge. An extra $25 off the meal just for signing up would be great - is there some catch I'm missing?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure about using an AP discount, which I think is only 10%.

If you and your mom had the same birthday, Landry's doesn't care. They are going to give you one reward per year for your birthday regardless of when it is. I would adopt a birthday that would be in the month I was most likely to travel to WDW.

You can use the whole $50 on one meal. IDK about using your phone number and ID, but another perk is little to no wait for a table. Flash your card and you're in the next available table.

There is now a Landry's club select card app for your phone. It's a digital version of the physical card. Landry's emailed me a link just days after I made the online purchase of the club card. Also, there is no double discount, I saved $50 on my meal but did not get 10% off the remainder with my AP.they don't care when your actual birthday is, just say your birthday is whatever month you know you'll be at Disney World so you can utilize the birthday discount. And that is good for the entire month, not one month from the birthday you tell them.

I lost my physical card long ago. I've always used my phone number, which is active in their system in a matter of days after signing up. And no one checks IDs when you use the card, for address or birthday or any other reason. So feel free to sign up with whatever birthday works for your trip.

I wasn't able to use my AP discount and my birthday reward at the same time. Pretty sure they consider that double-dipping on discounts and don't allow it, but maybe I just got unlucky. It never hurts to ask.

There really is no catch to the program, other than perhaps that you can only use one card per table so there's no splitting the check to use both your reward and your mother's (assuming you both sign up) for the same meal. My mom and I both signed up ahead of a trip we took, and used my $50 at Y&Y and hers at T-Rex. We did the same thing with the $25 birthday reward a couple years later on another trip, and often use it in non-trip years at a local Landry's seafood place near me. As far as rewards go, it is one of the better paid programs and has paid for itself probably 10x times over since I first signed up in 2012 even though I've only earned a couple of purchase-based rewards in that time.

Thank you so much everyone. I just signed up as the birthday reward will save us more than the AP discount. It's great there's now a phone ap and that my phone # will work just in case. Another family member will definitely sign up if we plan on visiting yak and yeti on our trip next summer.

Thank you so much everyone. I just signed up as the birthday reward will save us more than the AP discount. It's great there's now a phone ap and that my phone # will work just in case. Another family member will definitely sign up if we plan on visiting yak and yeti on our trip next summer.

I highly recommend the dragon roll appetizer at Y&Y. Everyone in our group loved it, even those who had never eaten sushi before.

You can use the whole $50 on one meal. IDK about using your phone number and ID, but another perk is little to no wait for a table. Flash your card and you're in the next available table.

Has anyone tried to use both the welcome gift and the birthday reward together recently? I just went to sign up but the Landry’s website states they cannot he used together?? Thank you!

Has anyone tried to use both the welcome gift and the birthday reward together recently? I just went to sign up but the Landry’s website states they cannot he used together?? Thank you!

Could be a new thing?

I used both the welcome money and birthday gift together on one meal in October 2016.

can you link where you saw that? I don't see it on their FAQs.

Can you buy the card at the restaurant? I am leaving in a few days, so there is no way the card will come in on time.

Thanks for the heads up. That is def a change from when we ate there in 2016, and now that I know, I won’t be telling people here that they can use both rewards at the same time.

I still think the card is worth it if you go to Yak & Yeti or the other WDW Landry’s (Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex) or if you have a Landry’s at home.

In the past, I believe we’ve received a reminder email prior to our birthday month telling us about the reward, but we didn’t get one thus far this year for March for our upcoming trip...based on this thread, it seems like the birthday reward is still a thing...I assume this is loaded onto your card? For some reason, we can’t remember whether we had to show something like the email we think we’ve received in the past...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter