Yak and Yeti

chitown_disneylovers

Mouseketeer
Was awesome.

My favorite TS meal of the week. We had the fried green beans and the pot stickers for appetizers and the sweet and sour mahi mahi and short ribs for our entrees. FANTASTIC! :worship:

Great service too.

OH, and we had the wontons for desert. YUM. :love:

my husband and I really enjoyed our meals too. We ate there 3 weeks ago and my husband was quite surprise how yummy the pot stickers and egg roll was. I order the fried wontons but was really thrilled with it but I love the mango pie that my husband got.
Thanks for sharing.

Our meals at Y&Y were easily some of the best in park meals we ever had @ Disney. We don't always go to AK on our trips, because we don't like the park all that much, but I will probably make it a point to go just so we can eat there.

I was very pleased with our recent lunch at Yak and Yeti, I choose that restaurant based on the other 2 peoples food preferences (they enjoy everything), I thought it would be a wasted meal for me (picky) but the sweet and sour chicken was awesome, I even experimented with some of the appetizers we chose, and the desserts were great! Our server (can't remember the name right now) was great, any server that can keep my diet coke filled earns extra tips from me! I highly recommend this restaurant to others, esp if you like Asian type foods.

Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant... Been their twice... The appetizers are delicious -- love it all... but the Thai Chili Wings were very, very good... the baby back ribs were the best I've ever had. And the Malaysian Seafood Curry entree was the best dish I've had out of 50 or so restaurant meals between our 2009 and 2010 trips. I asked them to make it extra spicy!

Malaysian Seafood Curry -- Mahi Mahi, Scallops, Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Jasmine Rice.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ribs
ry%3D400

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D400

Yak and Yeti is our favorite restaurant... Been their twice... The appetizers are delicious -- love it all... but the Thai Chili Wings were very, very good... the baby back ribs were the best I've ever had. And the Malaysian Seafood Curry entree was the best dish I've had out of 50 or so restaurant meals between our 2009 and 2010 trips. I asked them to make it extra spicy!

Thanks for the great pictures! I am glad Yak and Yeti is one of our choices for March!! Can't wait!!

I also went for diner this evening. I had a 5:45 pm reservation. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were seated on time.

I had the Lettuce cups which was excellent. I followed that up with the Bourbon Chicken which also was excellent. Ended up taking the New York Cheesecake which I had to take back to the resort with me as the portions given were very large.

I would recommend this to anyone going to the Animal Kingdom.

Michael

Thank you ! Yak & Yeti is now on our ADR list for AK - seems to beat RFC !

Malaysian Seafood Curry -- Mahi Mahi, Scallops, Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Jasmine Rice.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ribs
ry%3D400

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D400

That looks yummy!:)

We tried it last summer even after the mixed to negative reviews it was getting at the time....and LOVED it:banana:RFC has been replaced with Y&Y on our must-eat list while at AK. I'll be making ADRs for our Dec. 2011 trip as soon as my 180 days rolls around:thumbsup2

We ate there for the first time two weeks ago. I think it may win the prize for our favorite meal of the entire trip, and that's saying a lot! DH had the Anandapur Duck and I had the chicken with tamarind BBQ sauce. This was the only meal of the entire trip where we both ordered the same thing for dessert, based on the recommendations of the DisBoarders: the fried wontons.

Even now, all I have to do is say "fried wontons" to DH and he gets this silly smile on his face. Beyond yummy!

Unfortunately after loving it last year we went last week and it was one of the worst meals of the trip. The tuna appetizer that I loved was tasteless. DS's mahi entree tasted like a TV dinner fish dish. I enjoyed the green beans but something got both my DH and DS sick later that afternoon.:sad2:

We also loved Yak n Yeti! We went last summer and the whole family absolutely loved their food.

We had, steak and shrimp, maple tamarind chicken, mahi mahi and crispy honey chicken - all delicious!

As for the fried wontons - I tried them to see if they were as good as everyone said - and they were better!:lovestruc Probably my favourite dish of the whole holiday!

Great service too - a must do for us in AK :thumbsup2

Unfortunately after loving it last year we went last week and it was one of the worst meals of the trip. The tuna appetizer that I loved was tasteless. DS's mahi entree tasted like a TV dinner fish dish. I enjoyed the green beans but something got both my DH and DS sick later that afternoon.:sad2:

I hope they both felt better the next day.
Did they wash their hands with soap before eating ?
A good practice to follow.:goodvibes

I hope they both felt better the next day.
Did they wash their hands with soap before eating ?
A good practice to follow.:goodvibes

Oh yes, they were fine after a few hours. Of course they washed their hands, no doubt it was the food! We were huge fans before but the quality of the food that day was subpar at best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter