• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yak and Yeti walk up for lunch?

Bellamouse

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the odds are of getting seated for lunch at Yak and Yeti without an ADR?

I am trying to get one for Oct 20th, and nothing available until 2 pm. We won't be able to hold out that long. Do you think this restaurant will really be that crowded? A lot of the reviews I have read say that they had ADRs but felt they weren't necessary because the place was empty. Not sure what to think......

I have only eaten there once and we had reservations right when they opened and by the time we were finished, the restaurant was packed. we ate upstairs, so I did not have a view of the check in podium. curious to see what others think

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound promising.

I just checked again and there are reservations open for 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30 for a party of two, but nothing until 2 pm for a party of four (which we are). That seems kind of odd. You would think if there was that much space at 11:30, 12:00 and 12:30 (three different parties of two possible potentially), then there should be room for one table of four?

Do I take the res for the party of two and just show up with four? Do I take the party of two and keep trying for four? Decisions, decisions!!!

Parties of 2 generally don't have problems,based on the small size of the group. After that, gets a little dicey.

My DH and I walked right up in April during Spring Break time and got in...but we were only 2.

I wouldn't chance showing up with a party of 4 when your reservation is for 2. Many, many times they will tell you the other 2 cannot be accomodated, or you will have to wait for a table for 4, which could be a long wait. Each time i've eaten there, it's been between 1 and 3, and it's been PACKED. We waited 30 minutes with ADRs for 2 the last times we were there.

OK that's very helpful, thank you. I will keep my TH ressie and just keep checking for an ADR for four. I got very lucky getting the 'Ohana ADR I wanted, so maybe I'll get the Y&Y one too! Thanks for your help everyone!

Anyone know what the odds are of getting seated for lunch at Yak and Yeti without an ADR?

I am trying to get one for Oct 20th, and nothing available until 2 pm. We won't be able to hold out that long. Do you think this restaurant will really be that crowded? A lot of the reviews I have read say that they had ADRs but felt they weren't necessary because the place was empty. Not sure what to think......

You can join the Landrys Restaurants' select club, and get priority seating within 20 minutes (that's the goal) without a reservation through Disney's system. Just call the restaurant directly ahead of time or show up. This is good at other Landrys' restaurants too -- T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe.

It cost $25 to join but you get a $25 credit to use. You also get a $25 credit for your birthday month too. It's a points card that earns credits to use at Landrys restaurants but you also get priority seating.

We did a walk-up with a party of 5 right at 11. Actually I think we showed up around 10:45, and they were already taking walk up ressies then. Got right in at door opening

I can use my RFC card at Yak & Yeti ?

I never new that! :goodvibes

I have been 4 times. Each time something happened and we were too early or too late, and have had a few number of people changes. We have always been seated, and my longest wait was maybe 15 minutes.

I would get the closest time you can, the check in and see if you can change it when you get there. They are very nice to work with.

Tell your server that you will be using your RFC card prior to ordering, and then remind them. YES THEY TAKE THEM and also take gift cards inside the restaurant with a TS meal.

The past 3 times there were openings (with minimal < 20 min.) waits for walk-ups. Mind however we eat a late lunch at AK

Thanks for the continued responses. I haven't done anything yet. I keep checking for earlier reservation times, and will keep doing so. We have 36 days until our trip! :cool1: When I first started checking, the only thing available was 2 pm. Now when I check, the only thing available is 1:30 pm. So we're getting there! I will just keep on checking several times a day. That has worked for me for other reservations, so I'm holding out hope we will get exactly what we want.

I suppose worst case scenario is we try for a walk up and see what they say, otherwise we just eat counter service. Maybe we'll be super hungry right at 11 am :)

Finally got my noon ressie!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: Super happy! I think my planning is finally DONE! I'm not going to make any more changes!! Now I just have to wait another 34 days......... :hyper:

We were able to walk up in July and were seated within ten minutes. :confused3

In Sept 2010 we were in AK and wanted to try Yak & Yeti. I called the dining reservation number and was told there was no available times open. I went over to the restaurant and there were 2 CMs outside (restaurant wasn't opened yet) I asked if they had anything available and was able to get an 11:30 ADR. So I would suggest waiting until they open or checking to see if someone is standing outside before opening to find out if you can get in. I would also have a backup plan just in case.

I looked at the RFC web-site - it said no T-Rex nor Yak&Yeti for the RFC Safari card. :snooty:
So we will buy the Landry Select Card in January 2012 before we go to WDW in June 2012 :goodvibes so we can use it at T-Rex and Yak & Yeti

I know you got your reservations, but from our experience this past March, we were able to get a walk in at noon or so, and the people in front of us and behind us were also walk ins. We were a party of four, the people in front of us was party of two and the people behind us were a larger group of people of six or more. So I think its quite possible, I mean we were there during mid March, peak season.

I got a walk up last week. Both parties in front of me were walk ups also. We got there just as they opened though. My husband and I also got a walkup this past May, again just as they opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter