• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club or Cape May Cafe

churchlady

Mouseketeer
Planning our September trip. We will arrive in time to check in at CBR and we want to eat out our first night in the Epcot area so we can see some fireworks without burning one of our park day tix.

I've always wanted to go to Cape May but it might be more relaxing to eat at the Captain's Grill. Either way I can get my crab legs! The other consideration is that CMC rotates the fried feature and Saturday's is clam strips. Hubby would much rather have calamari, which is Tuesdays and Fridays.

Which would you pick between these two? Or should we try the Wave at the Contemporary and view the fireworks at Magic Kingdom?

I would go to Captain's Grill. I found Cape May a bit chaotic and the food wasn't that impressive. Typical buffet fare.

Cape May Cafe is one of our favorites but we like buffets. :)

I'm taking it that you're planning to catch some of Illuminations? You can get a reasonable view on the bridge between the Epcot International Gateway exit and the Boardwalk, but the sound isn't great.

We are not big fans of buffets but Cape May is the only one we frequent other than Boma.

Are you using DDP? If not, the food definitely didn't justify the price, in our opinion. Honestly, we wouldn't choose to eat there again, if we were using DDP. If paying OOP, there are several better restaurants in that area that would end up being a similar price for dinner.

We dined at Cape May Cafe last week for dinner. I was very looking forward to it as DH and I love seafood and fish. Maybe my expectation was too high. The food at Cape May was just okay. Nothing outstanding. We were on DDP so value wise it was good. But I would not do OPP nor would we go back again with DPP. Atmosphere wise was good. We went there at 5pm so the restaurant was not busy. We took a little walk around the lake after dinner and the walk was very relaxing.

Cape May Cafe is one of our favorites but we like buffets. :)

I'm taking it that you're planning to catch some of Illuminations? You can get a reasonable view on the bridge between the Epcot International Gateway exit and the Boardwalk, but the sound isn't great.

Illuminations really needs to be viewed around the WS Lagoon in Epcot. It is way more than the high fireworks you can see from this bridge. It is music, lasers, fire, lights, fireworks, a spinning globe on the lagoon. To only see the high fireworks on the bridge is to be very disappointed.

We have an ADR at Cape May Cafe on our arrival night this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter