• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club, bus system, so give it to me straight

I have never had any issue with them and we stay at BC or BCV every visit since 2008..The busses are no better or worse than any other resort.

DisneyMomx7 said:
I think the DTD bus system is a horror for most resorts!

We've had the same experience with the DTD busses when we were staying at BC, YC, the Polynesian and the GF.

Best advice - TAKE A CAB!!!!

What horrible advice..

mickeynut1 said:
They are not rumors, but actual experiences from guests like myself who have experienced horrible bus service from the BC. During our stay, the buses shared among all 5 resorts, with the buses being to full capacity the majority of the time with standing room only. Our stay was quite some time ago (2003), but I have read reports of others with recent stays (within the last year or two) that have experienced the same bus service we did.

OP - I think the buses are hit or miss at the Epcot resorts as people have reported many different experiences from the buses only sharing between the YC & BC to the buses going to all 5 resorts. I don't think there's any sure way of knowing what the transportation will be like until you are there. People have reported the buses sharing among all 5 resorts only during slow times, but our stay was at a pretty busy time and all 5 resorts were included in the transportation to the other parks. Good luck.

2003? Seriously? Not sure that's helpful..

Give it to you straight? OK here it is:
The busses at Yacht Club are no worse than the buses at any other resort.

That's right. You'll hear people saying they had a great bus experience at [blank] resort. You'll hear people saying they had a bad bus experience at [blank] resort. Both are correct --- for the time they visited. It really just depends on when you get to the bus stop and when the next bus comes.

Great post.

And the kicker - it's the same for the return trip from any of the parks.

For the OP - your experience will be just that - your experiences. You will find opinions on this board varying from "I never waited more than one minute" to "it was horrible" and then multiply that by the 20 or some odd resorts Disney has and, well, you'll get a headache.

That being said, I don't take Disney buses to Downtown Disney so don't know about that.

What horrible advice..

How is it horrible advice.

My experiences have been that DTD bus service is a problem no matter which resort you stay in. For us the $20 or so to take a cab has been an easy answer.

Now I will say that we NEVER had a problem with YC or BC busses to MK or AK.

Just my opinion, of course.

Sorry, but I have stayed at BWV at least yearly since 2006 and I think the bus service is terrible. To be more specific, trips where we did not sit at all, all week, waiting at MK while the other resorts had 2-3 busses come and go, then 1 bus for the Epcot resorts that masses of people pile on to. Then having to do the sometimes 5 resort loop.:sad2:
Talk about feeling like a "second class citizen". I've said it before on this forum and ALWAYS get flamed, but IN MY EXPERIENCES, yes, the Epcot resort bus service is a negative. Last week when I posted this a few people told me I wasn't paying for better bus service at a deluxe resort. I respectfully answer that what we are paying for is subjective and I expect bus service that is at least equal to the values and moderates. I have stayed at BWV in Nov, Dec, May and Aug. I've stayed at BCV in early Dec and April and haven't figured out a pattern of when the busses are shared between 2-3 or all 5 resorts. All that being said, I am staying at BWV next month. The bus service is not a deal breaker for me, just something I weigh into my decision of where to stay.

We go that same week every year. Our bus experience at YC has not been much different than POP or CSR. The ride to/from DTD and Typhoon lagoon is annoying no matter where you are or when you go. I always feel like no matter which one we are headed to, it is the second stop for the time of day we are going. We also like to go from TL to DTD and they bus always goes back to the resort first! We just don't win on that one.
Our worst waits for a bus were in 2010 staying at POP.

I didn't think our buses were shared between resorts at then end of August at YC last year, but it may have been the time of day we happened to board.

Something to consider, which I think is the case *most* places, is if there is not a line, people rush the bus. It's sort of insane when it's busy, especially to see the people who run up at the last minute to be sure they get the seat. We seem to run into more people at deluxes who feel they are entitled to the seat, so much that last year somebody actually pushed me out of the way while picking my son up to be sure they beat us. It's possible they have a need for the seat, but I would rather they say they can't stand than shove me. That was just mean.

2003? Seriously? Not sure that's helpful..

Yes, I am serious. And if you look at the pp's post that I quoted below, seems like they had a bad experience with buses as well (which, according to their signature, was in 2011.....imagine that!). Contrary to what you think, I do think my experience is helpful because bad bus service can (and still does) happen at the BC/YC almost 10 years later.

I have had bad experiences with the buses at the Epcot resort, so much so that it would be a difficult decision to stay at one again.

The worst experience I had was trying to return from AK, when we joined the queue there was already around 15 people in front of us, the bus didn't arrive for 25 minutes after we joined the queue (you can imagine what it was like then) and mostly all the Epcot resorts share bus stops...
And the bus that turned up was for all resorts!

Not great.

How is it horrible advice.

My experiences have been that DTD bus service is a problem no matter which resort you stay in. For us the $20 or so to take a cab has been an easy answer.

:thumbsup2I'm with you, DisneyMomx7 -- we just take a cab when we want to go to DTD.

As you can see from my original post as I quoted above, I did mention that our stay was quite some time ago, along with saying I have read many reports of other guests who have had more recent stays (within the last year or two), that have experienced the exact same thing we did. Even though we have only had one experience at an Epcot resort, it was still OUR experience, whether it happened yesterday or 10 years ago, which is what I thought the Dis was all about.....other people's experiences and opinions?????? As for your many experiences being 100% true, same goes for my one experience. You having over 20 stays at the Epcot resorts doesn't make my experience any less true. I do agree with you that there a lot of variables in transportation, which is my point. Our one experience was totally different from your 20+ stays, but that doesn't mean our experience wasn't was it was or that everyone will have a great experience like you. To me, your original post sounded like you were saying transportation is fine and that anyone that says otherwise is mistaken. I'm not saying you DID say this, I'm saying it's the way I perceive your post. I'm not saying the OP will experience terrible bus service, just that it is a possibility.
Don't get me wrong...I think every single person's experience is 100% factual. BUT.....bad or good, when talking about buses, tends to be a bit subjective. What I might feel is completely acceptable could put you right over the edge! A wait of 10 mins may be fine to me, but awful to you! I never said your experiences weren't 100% accurate. I did say that mine were as well...and that's my issue. Sometimes, on these boards, people think that when they give their less than stellar experiences, and someone else comes along and says that they didn't have anywhere near that kind of experience, but a better one, well....it comes off as saying that the first poster's experiences aren't valid. And that's not true.
My point was to merely show what I had experienced. It is only through everyone's posting about their particular experiences can others make good, informed choices.

Sorry, but I have stayed at BWV at least yearly since 2006 and I think the bus service is terrible. To be more specific, trips where we did not sit at all, all week, waiting at MK while the other resorts had 2-3 busses come and go, then 1 bus for the Epcot resorts that masses of people pile on to. Then having to do the sometimes 5 resort loop.:sad2:
Talk about feeling like a "second class citizen". I've said it before on this forum and ALWAYS get flamed, but IN MY EXPERIENCES, yes, the Epcot resort bus service is a negative. Last week when I posted this a few people told me I wasn't paying for better bus service at a deluxe resort. I respectfully answer that what we are paying for is subjective and I expect bus service that is at least equal to the values and moderates. I have stayed at BWV in Nov, Dec, May and Aug. I've stayed at BCV in early Dec and April and haven't figured out a pattern of when the busses are shared between 2-3 or all 5 resorts. All that being said, I am staying at BWV next month. The bus service is not a deal breaker for me, just something I weigh into my decision of where to stay.
I know...we've had this discussion before. Your room rates really aren't going to get you better buses. It's up to each resort to decide how much they want to spend on buses. If it were up to me?? I would put the S/D on their own bus route since they technically aren't WDW resorts. Or put them last, always, if combined with BW. The problem is that if you try to put them last if the bus also goes to the YC/BC, it's a lot of backtracking...and they aren't going to do that..way too costly.

This is an argument that will never be 'settled'...it's too subjective. I have given this example before, so I apologize to those that have read it before.
My friend and I were at Kidani, waiting for the DHS bus to come. We walked up to the bus stop just as the HS bus was pulling away.No problem. We sat down to wait for the next one. It was early morning, the park was due to open in about 20 mins. We were the only ones at the bus stop at this point. After about 5 mins, others start arriving. We were standing off to the side. We watched as groups arrived. A bit of time went by..about 10 mins or so. A largish family strolled up, and stood a bit away from us. No big deal. Well, afer about 10 mins, my friend and I see the HS bus coming, so we strolled over to the spot where the bus would stop....we've been to this rodeo before, we know where the dang bus stops!! The largish group, that had arrived about 10-15 mins prior, starts pushing their way forward, to where they 'thought' the bus would stop..but way too far up from the end. When the bus stopped, the driver opened the door, and waved my friend and I on....it was a nice orderly line, until as I put my foot up, this woman (from that group) came charging up, yelling that they had been waiting 45 mins, closer to an hour and they should be allowed to board first..that we hadn't been waiting nearly as long as they had. The driver just smiled and said to just get in the line, everyone would get to HS. I told him that no one other than us had been waiting for very long..that the family in question had been there a whole 10-12 mins!! He just smiled and said it happens every morning.
Now....I can't say for sure if this family really thought they had been waiting that long...I have been in line with people that swore up and down that they had been waiting for close to an hour, when they had arrived long after I had and I had been there for 20 mins!!! Or, if they thought they could just bull their way past us using intimidation!!
But sometimes, it seems that you are waiting a lot longer than you really are.I mean really? You want long bus rides? Stay at SSR some time. Man, it's close to 20 mins before you get off SSR property and on the road to a park.

This is becoming a thread that is better suited to the Transportation board.. it does kinda straddle the line however, this is my determination.

Thanks.

This coming October will be our 3rd stay at BC while we never have any real problems with busses our preferred way to get anywhere is to walk through Epcot and then use their transportation, whether it be the monorail or the busses. This is only possible because we have park hoppers, the little walk through Epcot is nice and really doesn't add much distance in the scheme of Disney miles.

This is becoming a thread that is better suited to the Transportation board.. it does kinda straddle the line however, this is my determination.

Thanks.
Why, thank-you! I have started two polls about good and bad buses at WDW. Hopefully everyone will add their thoughts and feelings there. Love a lively bus discussion. Good move on your part Knox!!!

This coming October will be our 3rd stay at BC while we never have any real problems with busses our preferred way to get anywhere is to walk through Epcot and then use their transportation, whether it be the monorail or the busses. This is only possible because we have park hoppers, the little walk through Epcot is nice and really doesn't add much distance in the scheme of Disney miles.
I used to do that as well. Until the one time there was a lightning strike along the monorail line between Epcot and TTC!! We walked all the way through Epcot since it was such a nice night. We had planned on getting the monorail to the TTC and then over to MK for EMHs. Um....nope. The monorail was closed down, indefinitely that night. The hundreds (at least 5-600) of people waiting to get a bus was incredible. The CMs had them all standing in one place. I see another bus to the TTC a bit down the line, so head there. I get on board, we get to the TTC? It was another mob scene. People unable to use the monorail so they are trying to use the ferry. Ok, too many people there. So, we walk over to the Polynesian to use their boats. There was a line with about 40 people waiting...better than the wait times for the big ferry at TTC, but still? It took us about 2 hrs to get from the WS in Epcot, after dinner, to the MK!!! My poor dh just looked at me and said 'I'm getting a bus back to BW. I've had it. You two can stay here as long as you want. See you later.' and off he went.
I love using the monorail to the TTC from Epcot. But lately the monorail has been acting up..makes it hard to plan accordingly!!

Just goes to show...no transportation option is perfect!!

Don't get me wrong...I think every single person's experience is 100% factual. BUT.....bad or good, when talking about buses, tends to be a bit subjective. What I might feel is completely acceptable could put you right over the edge! A wait of 10 mins may be fine to me, but awful to you! I never said your experiences weren't 100% accurate. I did say that mine were as well...and that's my issue. Sometimes, on these boards, people think that when they give their less than stellar experiences, and someone else comes along and says that they didn't have anywhere near that kind of experience, but a better one, well....it comes off as saying that the first poster's experiences aren't valid. And that's not true.
My point was to merely show what I had experienced. It is only through everyone's posting about their particular experiences can others make good, informed choices.

I agree (especially with the parts I highlighted).

We stayed at the YC in early Dec 2012 and was shocked at how crowded the buses coming back were for DTD and MK. We definitely waited longer than we had when staying the past two Decembers at CBR. It seemed a lot of people were checking out the Xmas decorations and maybe certain times are worse than others. I guess I was expecting better bus service for a deluxe but we were upgraded for free so can't really complain:)

We've stayed at an Epcot resort at least eleven times in the last twenty years or so and there have been some horrible bus rides, all of them on the return trip from MK, when the park was closing and the lines were long. But over those eleven stays I would guess the horrible rides probably are less than eight. We also experienced many bus rides that stopped at all five resorts, but not every trip, and usually only at night. Every bus ride to MK or AK had the BC as the last resort stop.

But we've had many more bus rides that were fine. And one thing that changed in the last few years which made the return trip better was that they made a little adjustment to the route the bus takes from YC to BC. The bus used to have to travel all the way back through the YC parking lot, past the guard gate, back onto the main road, the turn into the BC, go through that guard gate, then to the bus stop. The last few years I noticed that they finally let the bus go through the gate that is nearest to the resorts located between the two parking lots. They no longer had to make that longer trip.

We have had a few long waits for the BC/YC bus when we were at AK. But we also had long waits for the WL bus when we were at HS and Epcot last month. The benefit of staying at an Epcot resort is that your overall time spent on a bus during your vacation is most likely far less than it would be staying at any other resort. The Epcot resorts are the only resorts in walking distance of two parks. And if you really hate the bus to MK, you can walk through Epcot and take the monorail. We've done it dozens of times.

FWIW: I found the WL bus much more annoying than I ever found the BC bus to be. The WL bus has to pick up at a second resort, usually FW on our trip, and it takes awhile to get to the park with the extra resort stop. It was the first stop on the way back, though, which as nice. :)

Why, thank-you! I have started two polls about good and bad buses at WDW. Hopefully everyone will add their thoughts and feelings there. Love a lively bus discussion. Good move on your part Knox!!!

Oh boy, Mom is in charge now!!!:rotfl2:

But yeah, I agree that the lovely Transportation Board is a good place for this discussion! :cheer2:

I used to do that as well. Until the one time there was a lightning strike along the monorail line between Epcot and TTC!! We walked all the way through Epcot since it was such a nice night. We had planned on getting the monorail to the TTC and then over to MK for EMHs. Um....nope. The monorail was closed down, indefinitely that night. The hundreds (at least 5-600) of people waiting to get a bus was incredible. The CMs had them all standing in one place. I see another bus to the TTC a bit down the line, so head there. I get on board, we get to the TTC? It was another mob scene. People unable to use the monorail so they are trying to use the ferry. Ok, too many people there. So, we walk over to the Polynesian to use their boats. There was a line with about 40 people waiting...better than the wait times for the big ferry at TTC, but still? It took us about 2 hrs to get from the WS in Epcot, after dinner, to the MK!!! My poor dh just looked at me and said 'I'm getting a bus back to BW. I've had it. You two can stay here as long as you want. See you later.' and off he went.
I love using the monorail to the TTC from Epcot. But lately the monorail has been acting up..makes it hard to plan accordingly!!

Just goes to show...no transportation option is perfect!!

Oh my gosh...this was Sept wasn't it? We were also caught up in that madness! We were leaving Epcot and were told the monorail line was hit by lightening. Horrible wait and ride back to TTC. Thank goodness we just had to walk back to our room at the Poly. People were crazy though, really nutso.:sad2:

I agree (especially with the parts I highlighted).
See, we can disagree yet still be on the same page!!!d I love my DIS people!

Oh boy, Mom is in charge now!!!:rotfl2:

But yeah, I agree that the lovely Transportation Board is a good place for this discussion! :cheer2:
Yup!!!

Oh my gosh...this was Sept wasn't it? We were also caught up in that madness! We were leaving Epcot and were told the monorail line was hit by lightening. Horrible wait and ride back to TTC. Thank goodness we just had to walk back to our room at the Poly. People were crazy though, really nutso.:sad2:
Our experience wasn't in Sept....have to think about exactly when it was. My dh was with us, so it may have been April 2011...last time he was with us. But, it just goes to show that this can happen at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter