Yacht, beach, or boardwalk?

Curlylocks33

Earning My Ears
Hubby has a conference at Disney coming up in late fall. We can stay at either the yacht club, beach club, or boardwalk inn.

We have three kids who will be 17, 15, and 11. I believe we can only get a standard room at the convention rate.

Which hotel would be the most comfortable for us to stay?

A few months ago we stayed at a hotel with a pullout sofa bed the kids hated it!! So much that the youngest opted to sleep on the floor because it was more comfortable that the pullout. The kids were all happy with the rollaway cot.

I vote for YC. The daybed in those rooms are very comfortable, my 6’ teenage son sleeps on it every trip. Also a big plus for the YC over BC and BWI is that YC has a barn door separating the room from the sink and bathroom area which provides privacy for dressing etc. If you are traveling with teens and you stay at the other hotels the only where to change with privacy would be in the very tiny shower and toilet room.Another pro for the YC is it’s the first pickup and first drop-off for the buses going to the parks. All the rooms have full balconies at YC also unlike BC where only 50% of the rooms have a full balcony.

I would stay where the conference is. If that isn’t some thing you want to consider
-BWI is currently finishing its remodel so it will be the newest
-BC is the closest to EP- but it is showing age. It’s the oldest of the Deluxe hotels as far as time from remodel goes at this point.
-YC is the 2nd oldest remodel but it got the new remodel with rain showers, hard floors and raised beds making it feel not nearly as old as BC

I would stay where the conference is. If that isn’t some thing you want to consider
-BWI is currently finishing its remodel so it will be the newest
-BC is the closest to EP- but it is showing age. It’s the oldest of the Deluxe hotels as far as time from remodel goes at this point.
-YC is the 2nd oldest remodel but it got the new remodel with rain showers, hard floors and raised beds making it feel not nearly as old as BC

BC is literally undergoing refurbishment right now.

I vote for YC. The daybed in those rooms are very comfortable, my 6’ teenage son sleeps on it every trip. Also a big plus for the YC over BC and BWI is that YC has a barn door separating the room from the sink and bathroom area which provides privacy for dressing etc. If you are traveling with teens and you stay at the other hotels the only where to change with privacy would be in the very tiny shower and toilet room.Another pro for the YC is it’s the first pickup and first drop-off for the buses going to the parks. All the rooms have full balconies at YC also unlike BC where only 50% of the rooms have a full balcony.
Thanks so much for this information! I didn’t even think about changing in the bathroom. That barn door sounds much nicer than the alternative. It looks like YC is the best choice for us!

The website just says the yacht and beach club. Digging a bit further there is a pin dropped at the yacht club convention centre. We don’t have the specific details yet.
The 2 hotels are connected and the convention center is on the Yacht Club side. You will be happy with either one. They are just themed a little different. Though die hards of one or the other will tell you one’s better they are incorrect. 😬

The Boardwalk is across the water and not as nice (someone’s going to argue with me there too, but they are wrong). 😬

The website just says the yacht and beach club. Digging a bit further there is a pin dropped at the yacht club convention centre. We don’t have the specific details yet.
So that narrows it down to BC/YC. Look up the hotels on the website & check out the rooms. The rooms, as I stated above, have different features. I find the new raised beds found at YC a huge space saver so that would be my vote but others find they miss the old things like the ceiling fan found at BC.

Definitely the YC! It’s so nice and would be so convenient for your DH and the conference he’s attending.

Definitely YC for 5 people. Having that guaranteed balcony will be lovely when you just want a few minutes to yourself. The YC also has a better QS. You will really appreciate the underbed storage for suitcases and shoes to keep the room less cluttered. Also, at times of the day when YC/BC share buses, YC is the first pick-up and drop-off which is nice.

We also enjoy the quiet pool at YC as it is very secluded and the laundry room at that pool is very convenient. Doing laundry while you swim or hang out at the pool is vacation multi-tasking! 8-)

The Boardwalk is across the water and not as nice (someone’s going to argue with me there too, but they are wrong). 😬
I will not argue with you. I don't like any one of the 3 but walking to EPCOT is nice so we stay at BW once in a while. -- We are DVC so it is either BW or BC and I don't like BC but would stay at the YC if it was an option just a much more relaxed vibe although attached to the other mess.

So that narrows it down to BC/YC. Look up the hotels on the website & check out the rooms. The rooms, as I stated above, have different features. I find the new raised beds found at YC a huge space saver so that would be my vote but others find they miss the old things like the ceiling fan found at BC.

Many ceiling fans at BC were removed during the last refurbishment many years ago. There is now often a round light fixture in that spot. That is what we had on our 2018 trip.

I have stayed at the YC and I didn't like it as much as BC. I found the theme too masculine, the extra distance to Epcot annoying and we had a rental car and the walk to the parking lot from our room was REALLY far as well. We were in a room at the very end of the far wing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter