Xbox360,Playstation3,or Wii

zachattack667

Currently I'm flying high in my superman Socks!
Choose one of them and say why you picked it.

For me, Xbox360 cause of the online interaction.

I say Wii because it's the only one I own/have played, lol! But don't all of them have online interaction? I know for a fact that the Wii does because I play Super Smash Brothers Brawl over the Internet all the time, but I don't know about PS3

YEs they all hve online interaction. But i think the online for Xbox360 is better.

Well with the 360 is... if you get the "Red Ring of Death" then you're in a bad situation. The PS3 doesn't break down like that, but it is about $300.

The Wii is not only a gaming device, it also can be used for the internet and to watch Netflix :). But you can't play online multiplayer with other players around the world. That's just 360 and PS3.

Each console has different great qualities.

xbox 360... it's the only one of the three that we have. My cousins who live next door have a Wii, and it's cool but sometimes those controlers annoy me. We have PS2, but not a PS3... I don't get the big hype about the PS3 anyways. It's pretty much the same thing as an xbox. Although, xboxs have the ring of fire crap, which I've never seen happen... but...

Well with the 360 is... if you get the "Red Ring of Death" then you're in a bad situation. The PS3 doesn't break down like that, but it is about $300.

The Wii is not only a gaming device, it also can be used for the internet and to watch Netflix :). But you can't play online multiplayer with other players around the world. That's just 360 and PS3.

I go on the internet from my brother's XBOX all the time, XBOX360 has netflix too, I watched Old Dogs on the XBOX yesterday

Actually, I use my Wii to play Brawl online multiplayer with other players around the world all the time. True, there's not as many games with that capability on the Wii as there are on the 360, but they do exist!

I have Wii & Xbox 360. Wii > 360. Netflix works better on the Wii too as the controller is better for it.

Go with the PS3, I have found that there are many more games that are exclusivly for the ps3 as opposed to the other systems. Also the ps3 includes a blu-ray player and pretty soon sony will be comming out with a "motion sensor" controller (very very very similar to the wii)

The wii. Hands down. The graphics war is over, and no one cares who has better ones. The XBOX360 and the PS3 are blatantly copying what the wii has been doing right all along. The wii has sold many, many more systems than either sony or microsoft, and has more "exclusives" than either system (with the xbox in a close second, I can only think of four or five ps3 exclusives, and those have existed since ps1)

I own both an xbox360 and a wii.

wii because i love the netflix on it and racing mario kart with wifi. plus it's the only system i own... i won it at a cast party raffle... i only spent $20 bucks on raffle tickts, so it's my $20 wii. oh, and it can play game cube games... which was our old gaming system. my dad is re-building our basement and turning the old playroom into a media room/movie theatre. he wants to get a PS3 for once it's finished.

PS3 has better graphics IMO and you can play Netflix on it as well. Wii is nice because of the motion sensor action and such. I like both though; I don't play online so I can't say anything about online interaction.

If I were a gamer, it'd be PS3.
My family has always owned the Playstation systems, and always loved them.

Right now I have a Wii though, but I only really use it for the Wii Fit.

Xbox 360..I feel like it's made for more "hardcore" gamers, and also the online experience is the best available right now, hands down.

However, I also own a Wii, and feel like it's more user friendly. For example, I'd rather break out the Wii to play at a party, where not everyone may be a "gamer".

I would pick Playstation 3 because it has all the games I want to play. I also have a Wii but I rarely play that. I'm also a PC gamer so yeah.

From what I've been reading a lot of you don't really know what you're talking about so I'm just going to explain different aspects.

Graphics: Obviously, the Wii doesn't focus on this much since it aimed to be cheap and affordable. Despite what others may tell you the PS3's and Xbox 360's graphics are about the same. With multi-platform games it will look better on the "lead" console(the console it was developed on) since the Xbox's dev kit was cheaper than the PS3's, most games were made on the Xbox and ported to the PS3. Extremes would be how Fallout 3 looks far less sharp on the the PS3 than the 360 and how Final Fantasy XIII looks far sharper on the PS3 than the 360.

Online Service: Let's start with the Wii, shall we? You can send messages to other Wii owners or to different email addresses on this system. The Wii shop channel offers a bunch of other channels and games, including a "Virtual Console" where you can buy nintendo classics like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. However, there is little to choose from, and there aren't anymore games being added to it. Also, many of those games get re-released every few years anyway. Playing games online is free of charge, however, for each game you have, you have a "friend code". To play with your friends, you need to exchange these friend codes. This code system is very complicated as you need to add different friend codes to different games if you want to play with your friends. It's terrible, needless to say. There is also no form of voice communication, except for "Wii Speak", except it can't be used with most of the games that you would actually play online.

Now for the PS3. This will seem waaay better than the Wii's online. You have one account for all the games you play, so it's easy to start up games with your friends and message eachother. Using the Playstation Eye, you can also video chat. Voice communication can be done using any BlueTooth headset. Playing online is also free of charge. The Playstation Network(PSN) has a number of games, movies, Tv shows, and add-on content for games. Sony has recently introduced a service called "Playstation Plus". For $50 a year or $20 something a month(I think?) you get access to betas, get free content, and discounted prices in the Playstation store. There is also an achievment system called "Trophies". It was implimented in late 2008 so early PS3 games don't have them unless the developer updated their game like with Uncharted. Easy challenges earn you a bronze trophy, harder ones earn you a silver trophy and the hardest are gold trophies. If you get all the trophies in the game, you earn a Platinum trophy.

Xbox 360 is said to have the best service, and you know, I think it might. There are two kinds of memberships for Xbox Live, silver and gold. With silver, you can talk with friends and buy content from the store, with gold membership, you can play games online and do everything the silver membership gives you. Sliver membership is free, gold membership is $50 a year. That's right, if you want to play games online with your friends, you need to give microsoft $50 a year, where as the other two cost nothing. The Xbox's online store is basically the same as the Playstations. With Xbox, however, they give you a headset with the system, which the other two don't. Xbox also has some neat features like cross game chat, so you can talk to friends even if you're not all playing the same game or in the same game lobby/server. You can also send recorded voice messages. It's also easiest to use.

Controls: We'll start with the Wii again, okay? So, I'm sure you all remember how everyone was talking about the Wii and it's super cool motion controls right? Do you also remember how basic they were or how they were hardly used? So yeah, got some good games but a lot of them hardly used the motion control and all the games that did were really gimmicky shovelware garbage. Skip to Wii motion plus, adds a new dimension so the control is more 1:1. Get ready for a REAL Zelda game! Skyward Sword!

Playstation has the same one we're all familiar with. No change from the original PS1 controller or PS2 controller. Why change what works well? This time around it has six axis, you can tilt and shake the controller for different effects in games. Playstation is also going to release its own form of motion control. Despite what people may say, they have been working on motion control for a long time. They're not copying the Wii. It's called "Move" and it works by using the Playstation Eye which tracks a round orb on a controller that changes colors based on the color and lighting of the room. It gives the same 1:1 motion Wii motion plus gives if it won't be better. A game to look forward to would be Sorcery.

Xbox 360: People have said that it's got the most comfortable controller ever made. I call fandumb on that statement. Yeah, it works fine, it's great. Different from the Playstation, but works the same minus six axis. Yep, Xbox is also jumping on the motion control band wagon. You may have heard about Kinect. A controller free form of motion control that also uses voice commands. Too bad at E3 all they showed were a bunch of gimmicky Wii rip offs that I literally almost fell asleep through I'm not even joking.

Games: This is the most important part of choosing which console you want. The Wii has all the Nintendo games you would expect, for the most part. These include Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Animal Crossing. There are also some third party games like No More Heroes, Mad World, and Red Steel. Some upcoming games to look forward to are Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Goldeneye.

The Playstation has flagship franchises like Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1 & 2, Rachet and Clank, God of War III, Resistance, Killzone, and LittleBigPlanet. Upcoming games include LittleBigPlanet2, Killzone 3, Sorcery, another Rachet and Clank, Heroes on the Move, and Infamous 2.

Xbox 360 has Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Banjo Kazooie, Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Mass Effect and some other ones you can also get on PC also. Sorry to say that Xbox doesn't have as many exclusive games as the other two. Most of it's good games are multiplatform or also on the PC. Some of its exclusive games and frachises are also moving to PS3 as well. Upcoming games will be multiplatform aside from Halo Reach and Gears 3. Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Dead Rising 2.

Sorry for the wall of text, just some things I really looked into when they first came out and I've been following it all.

We have all 3 systems and I would have to say PS3 because of it plays blu-Ray DVDs and I'm not a gamer so that's all it's good for. Also because it plays netflixs and is a high quality video player.

Xbox 360, because its what I got for Christmas. Wii's are cool, but the graphics are better on the 360. And I don't know about PS3's though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter