X-mas gift for dd12 ?

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Yes its only July and I'm thinking about x-mas gift for dd. Heres why, she LOVES singing. She just download a free app on itunes that you sing and it put music with it. Well its not a good app and you could barely hear her voice. She's been driving me nuts with it but she finally delete it cuz she said it wasnt working out like she thought.

so Is there a mini studio type thing i can by that she can sing, record and add music to it and record her singing? Something that wont break the budget too!
Does something like this exist????

COuldn't she just use the garage band app, and plug a mic into the computer or ipad or ipad she is using? You can get the karaoke version of so many songs, or just import her songs into garage band, and ditch the vocal track, and let her sing over it.

I suppose you could get some contraption to record singing while the music is playing (i.e. a regular karaoke type system), but I think you seem to have the devices needed already, and maybe just need a few accessories to make it work the way she wants.

There is also a nice program for free that runs on mac and windows called audacity which allows you to do the same thing (cutting vocal tracks, adding your own vocal track etc.). Just another cheap way to go, and it is a very good piece of software.

COuldn't she just use the garage band app, and plug a mic into the computer or ipad or ipad she is using? You can get the karaoke version of so many songs, or just import her songs into garage band, and ditch the vocal track, and let her sing over it.

I suppose you could get some contraption to record singing while the music is playing (i.e. a regular karaoke type system), but I think you seem to have the devices needed already, and maybe just need a few accessories to make it work the way she wants.

There is also a nice program for free that runs on mac and windows called audacity which allows you to do the same thing (cutting vocal tracks, adding your own vocal track etc.). Just another cheap way to go, and it is a very good piece of software.

i have no idea what garage band is so i'll have to look into it

Garage Band is a program for (I think) apple computers. I'm not sure if there is a PC based program, there might be. There are other singing/music apps out there. There are definetely computer programs you can load. We have more of the musician end here, so that may not be what you are looking for.

My son has something called U-Create Music that he LOVES. He's almost 9 and doesn't quite use it to it's fullest yet. It allows him to "be the DJ" - Create songs, upload songs, add his own voice and "mash it up". Not sure what you had in mind but it retails for about $20 and the kids love it. I can't post links (too new to DIS), so here is the website without the beginning and ending: myucreate. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter