Wyndham Orlando

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
8001 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32819
United States
Phone: 407-351-2420

We stayed here for 4 nights, post WDW, *without* a car!

It's located right at the I-Drive/SandLake Road Intersection. All of the fast food spots are within an easy stroll. Pharmacy, Walgreen's are just across the street.

We could walk or catch the I-Ride Trolley to everything along International Drive. www.iridetrolley.com

Our suite was in a "quiet" building on the first floor, closer to the quiet pool than the larger resort pool, as our request. King size bed, cable tv, phone, web access, desk,in the larger room area, with the kids bunk beds, cable tv, and gaming system in a smaller room are. No doors separate the areas. Double closet dressing area, and small bathroom.

Refrigerator is provided, as well as hair dryer, coffee maker.

The grounds are lovely, and the resort area itself is quite large. You can park your car quite close, if not right next to, your room.

Kid's Activity room is available, but we didn't use it.

Restaurant onsite is good - we had a gift certificate to use on property, and choose to have supper there one night. Standard hotel restaurant fare. Nice decor though.

We were booked through a promotion with work, so I'm not sure how much it was!! :goodvibes

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOWD/main.wnt

We'd stay there again :thumbsup2

:sunny:

mbb

Which building were you in? We are looking to next April, we were there this April and enjoyed it. I too am from Nova Scotia. Now that we know the layout a bit, we could probably request a certain building.

If I could find the resort map (which I know I have in a Disney file ...somewhere!!:teeth: ), I could post that so everyone could see the layout:)

We were - if you're standing on I-Drive facing the hotel - in the grouping of buildings closest to IDrive, at the far right of the property. The main pool was behind and to the left of us, and the quiet pool (by the main desk area) was straight off to the left.

If we walked straight out our room doors, across the lawn, across the street, we were in the parking lot of Walgreen's, and Golden Corral was in behind the pharmacy building.

Does that help?
We liked it, no noise from the pool areas at all, and surprisingly very little noise from the street.

Great location for US/IOA too:)

...and it's so nice to see another Bluenoser on the Boards!! :goodvibes

:sunny:

Hi
We have stayed there several times, before during and after the refurbishment and have enjoyed every stay. We went with in laws and asked to have rooms that interconnected which were usually corner rooms and bigger. (They used to be the ones with mini kitchens before refurb).

We stayed in various blocks but preferred the ones between the pool and the reception area.

Our only criticism of the last visit was that now it is a big conference/wedding venue and there are always lots of 'delegate types' walking around in suits which kind of takes away the holiday resort atmosphere it used to have. But you can't have everything I guess.

I would return to the Wyndham anyday but it's a pity I Drive seems to be getting a bit run down these days.

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter