Wyndham Bonnet Creek - When To Book

tjlamphere

DIS Veteran
Our family is looking at a trip in November of 2017....WBC is the place we'd like to stay...probably a 3 bedroom, but might get by with a 2 bedroom....what is the difference between a Presidential unit and a regular unit? And any recommendations on who to book through? We will have Grandchildren with us, ages 6 and 2. This will be their first trip to WDW, and it will be our first trip there with little children, so it will be a new and unique (and very fun) experience for us. We have never done Character meals or anything that would cater to little kids...so it will be a different trip for us...Tower of Terror will be traded in for Elsa and Anna !!!!

Oh yes, should I be booking a place now??????? And for those of you that have taken young children, should we try to hit all 4 parks, or focus more on MK? I know we will want to do Fantasmic and also see the Frozen attraction, so we will have to hit those two parks, and I think AK would really be neat for little children.

Thanks for any guidance/suggestions/recommendations.

You will want to have a car & stroller. The presidential condos are just a little nicer so if money is no problem try for one but you can be happy with a regular unit. Same with driving to the parks. You can pay extra to have a front of the parking lot space- you then could just walk into parks with your stroller and skip the trams but it is expensive to do.
Same idea with Magic Kingdom - you can valet park at contemporary hotel and just strol over to the park and avoid the tram & boat/monorail hassle. This is especially nice when leaving the Magic Kingdom with tired kids.

I have never stayed in a Pres suite. The way I see it, it comes down to how much time I am staying in the room. If I were to spend more than half my vacation in the room, I would want to stay in a Pres suite. Since that is not the case, I prefer the Deluxe suites. The accommodations are very nice to begin with, as good if not better than Disney. It is usually a 50+% increase for a Pres suite. I would take 3BRs Dlx over a 2BR Pres. It would probably save money as well.

As for the parks, you will want a car. The convenience is far better and the per person cost for only 1 RT is like $7. That is about the price of a rental car. Yes, you'd have to factor in parking cost as well. You will want to go to all 4 parks. None are worth missing at all. Depending on the length of your trip, the number of days at each park will be in question. You will experience the park through young eyes again which is more fun than anything else.

I am following online on this thread. We usually stay on site and the perks of being able to book my dining at 180+10 is a real bonus for me. We are planning a trip for March 2018 and will have my MIL with us. We were suppose to go in 2017 with my MIL but things happened and we weren't able to swing it next year. Anyways we had it all set and booked for next year but had to cancel. We were orginally set to stay at AKL with my MIL at Pop, but I know my kids would much rather be able to to all stay together. I don't really like the moderate resorts so trying to get a moderate resort with a connecting door just isn't for me and the deluxe 2 bedrooms are crazy expensive. If we rented DVC we would have to pay all upfront and its non refundable. Anyways Bonnet Creek seems like a really awesome resort but I would like to be able to get a 3 bed room that way my kids can have a room, my MIL gets a room and we get a room. Plus its super close to all the parks except MK but even then its not a bad drive. It seems like it would probably be the same cost as the Disney Deluxe resorts, plus we are AAA members so they give discounts for that. Would it be better for me to book the hotel through AAA? When would I expect that I would need to book it? I just have to wrap my head around not be able to book my dining at 180+10 and that I may not get BOG. I think I can handle that though if we are able to have more room.

It seems like it would probably be the same cost as the Disney Deluxe resorts, plus we are AAA members so they give discounts for that. Would it be better for me to book the hotel through AAA?
The villas at Bonnet Creek are timeshares, not traditional hotels. While you can rent them conventionally via Wyndham, you will get a much better price if you rent either from an owner or from a large point manager who works with many owners behind the scenes. The Bonnet Creek thread will have pointers to sources of rentals. However, renting from an owner/point manager is likely to be less flexible when it comes to cancelation, and you will have to pre-pay your stay, so you will want to be firm about your plans.

I don't know where the market is these days, but a 3BR unit at Bonnet Creek from an owner/point manager should be *significantly* less expensive than a Disney Deluxe hotel room. For example, WinpointVIP is offering a 3BR for my late February/early March week for less than $250/night, about the same price as a studio at SSR or OKW with an AP discount. Depends on whether you consider those Deluxe or not, because all of other Deluxes are more.

Last edited:
The villas at Bonnet Creek are timeshares, not traditional hotels. While you can rent them conventionally via Wyndham, you will get a much better price if you rent either from an owner or from a large point manager who works with many owners behind the scenes. The Bonnet Creek thread will have pointers to sources of rentals. However, renting from an owner/point manager is likely to be less flexible when it comes to cancelation, and you will have to pre-pay your stay, so you will want to be firm about your plans.

I don't know where the market is these days, but a 3BR unit at Bonnet Creek from an owner/point manager should be *significantly* less expensive than a Disney Deluxe hotel room. For example, WinpointVIP is offering a 3BR for my late February/early March week for less than $250/night, about the same price as a studio at SSR or OKW with an AP discount. Depends on whether you consider those Deluxe or not, because all of other Deluxes are more.

Thanks! I was planning on booking directly through the Wyndham site. When I did a price check for sometime in November 2017 bc that was the only thing I could find to give me an idea of what a 3 bed room would be priced at...it was showing $472/night. I know that number is a give or take number but it gives me at least some idea of what I am working with lol. When we stay on Disney property we usually stay at the main stream resorts so they are all in that range, plus my MIL would be chipping in to help pay for the room as well. I figure we would probably end up paying around the same, maybe a little less but get so much more room and we would all get to stay together so its a win win situation.

Thanks! I was planning on booking directly through the Wyndham site. When I did a price check for sometime in November 2017 bc that was the only thing I could find to give me an idea of what a 3 bed room would be priced at...it was showing $472/night. I know that number is a give or take number but it gives me at least some idea of what I am working with lol. When we stay on Disney property we usually stay at the main stream resorts so they are all in that range, plus my MIL would be chipping in to help pay for the room as well. I figure we would probably end up paying around the same, maybe a little less but get so much more room and we would all get to stay together so its a win win situation.

We love Bonnet Creek so much, we became owners last year. Before that we used Vacation Strategies and we used Ken and Denise Price at Vacation Upgrades. Had great experiences with both. And the presidential suites are my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter