Wyndham Bonnet Creek- tips & helpful information

wdwmom0f3

Disney Bound!
We will be staying here the week of Thanksgiving for the very first time. I have been reading about it to prepare for the trip, but I know I don't have all the information that I need about BC. For those who have stayed there, what information helped you the most? Do you have any tips that could help me?

I know that there is a way to override the sensor on the air conditioner, but I can't find how to do it now. Anything that will be helpful to me would be great!!

found it on this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41611038

Originally Posted by pinktinkmommy
I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.

I'm subscribing because we have a trip comint up too! :):thumbsup2:cool1:

Subscribing to the thread! We're going November 23rd :)

found it on this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41611038

Originally Posted by pinktinkmommy
I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.

I'm subscribing because we have a trip comint up too! :):thumbsup2:cool1:

Thank you!!! I can see how this could be helpful. Hopefully some other people will help us out.

Emma9630, We will be there on the 18th - 25th!! If you find any great tips post them here. I have started going through the BC threads but they are huge so it's gonna take a while!:goodvibes

I would like to know what places at the resort has the best food too, or even snacks too for the kids. Just things like that, and anything else helpful.

I did see where the putt putt golf is free. :thumbsup2

The pools close at 10:00

This link could be very helpful to print before you go. It's the activity schedule for BC.
https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/resort/details.do

Some additional information about overriding the a/c - we did this on our February visit, and it worked well the first night but didn't seem to continue through the second night, and the bedroom was uncomfortably warm. I think I figured out that the thermostat may reset itself back to the original mode either after a period of time or if you adjust the temperature at all. Just to make sure, we did the reset every night just before we went to bed, to assure that we'd have a/c during the night. That worked fine and we had no more issues. If you want to be sure the room is cooled during the day while you're gone, do the reset just before you leave the room for the day.

Some additional information about overriding the a/c - we did this on our February visit, and it worked well the first night but didn't seem to continue through the second night, and the bedroom was uncomfortably warm. I think I figured out that the thermostat may reset itself back to the original mode either after a period of time or if you adjust the temperature at all. Just to make sure, we did the reset every night just before we went to bed, to assure that we'd have a/c during the night. That worked fine and we had no more issues. If you want to be sure the room is cooled during the day while you're gone, do the reset just before you leave the room for the day.

Thank you so much! Very helpful!:thumbsup2

Some helpful hints:

Is you are assigned a room in Tower 6, they have their own chck in so you can go directly to hat building to check in.

Pack or buy some clothes detergent. You will end up washing lots of towels.

You can check out extra towels for the pools but keep up with them as they will note your room number when you chck them out.

The activites desk/room in the main building is where you get putt-putt clubs and ball. Yes, they are free. They also have pool tables, video games, chess & checkers tables, and an activity room where they feature different activitis throughout the day.

Do not rely on the onsite market-get groceries delivered or prepare to go grocery shopping on arrival.

The onsite quick service restaurants are pretty good and reasonably priced. We ordered from the Pizza place one night and from Escudo's another and both were easy to order from and good food.

The pools can be crowded at busy times. Consider bringing your own noodle, or air mattress/floatie for the lazy river.

There are grills around the property that are free to use!!!

There's a playground near building 2.

The jaccuzo tubs will cycle on a bit after you turn them off. It's pretty scary if you are not prepared for it.

That's about all I can think of right now....

Some helpful hints:

Is you are assigned a room in Tower 6, they have their own chck in so you can go directly to hat building to check in.

Pack or buy some clothes detergent. You will end up washing lots of towels.

You can check out extra towels for the pools but keep up with them as they will note your room number when you chck them out.

The activites desk/room in the main building is where you get putt-putt clubs and ball. Yes, they are free. They also have pool tables, video games, chess & checkers tables, and an activity room where they feature different activitis throughout the day.

Do not rely on the onsite market-get groceries delivered or prepare to go grocery shopping on arrival.

The onsite quick service restaurants are pretty good and reasonably priced. We ordered from the Pizza place one night and from Escudo's another and both were easy to order from and good food.

The pools can be crowded at busy times. Consider bringing your own noodle, or air mattress/floatie for the lazy river.

There are grills around the property that are free to use!!!

There's a playground near building 2.

The jaccuzo tubs will cycle on a bit after you turn them off. It's pretty scary if you are not prepared for it.

That's about all I can think of right now....

Thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for.:thumbsup2

If you need a bell-cart to take your things to or from the room, you can call and they will bring one to you. This is important to us because we bring everything!!:rotfl:

These are all good tips - keep posting! We will be at WBC 11/11 - 11/18. Can't wait!

Not hijacking, but those of you going in Nov what kind of rates are you/have you gotten?

We're looking at the week after Thanksgiving and best so far is $899 for a 2 BR Presidential. Is that a good rate or is there better out there?

Not hijacking, but those of you going in Nov what kind of rates are you/have you gotten?

We're looking at the week after Thanksgiving and best so far is $899 for a 2 BR Presidential. Is that a good rate or is there better out there?

That's a good rate for a presidential

That's a great rate! We have the week of Thanksgiving for $840. with Vacationupgrades. I had a rate of $579.00 though with vacationstrategy for the same week but they could only promise me 5 nights and they would confirm others when something opened up. I couldn't risk it so moved. Both rates were for a 2 bedroom deluxe for 7 nights. Both were great rates to me. :goodvibes

Just about to hit the other huge thread for more info. If anyone finds any helpful information please post it.

1.)They supply dishwasher detergent, dish soap, a sponge, trash bags, paper towels, tissues, toilet paper and washing machine detergent.

If you run out, you can get more if you ask for it. (May or may not have a fee)The only thing you may want to bring is a few dryer sheets.

2.) If your whirlpool doesn't work, check the breaker box.

3.) The pirate ship slide is only open from 9-6. So don't tell your kids that they will get to go on the slide after a long day in Disney. They will only be disappointed.

4.) If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The air conditioner unit is incredibly loud.

5. Consider bringing a rolling, grocery cart to bring in groceries or use the bellhop carts they keep for guest use on the ground floor.

6.) If you need more than one parking pass it is not a problem, and they are free.

7.) Pack and play & high chairs are available upon request.

8.) If you are a Government employee, you can get great rates for BC here: http://www.getravelop.com/index.html

9.) Biggest tip might be the whole "mark the lowest income level" trick when getting your parking pass to avoid being asked to go on the sales speil.

an empty rolling suitcase also makes a great way to haul in the groceries.
Bonnet Creek only furnishes clothes washing soap. You will need to bring dryer sheets.
If you have a cell phone that is how family will reach you - turn off the ringer on the condo phone so the saleman can't reach you.

Not sure if I should post this or not.......

But if you are going to use the shuttle service get a schedule from The Grand (the hotel) as well. Most times are the same BUT there are some the will really help (see 1:00pm return time from MK) and if the WBC regular shuttle is packed there may be an empty "Grand" shuttle right behind it. If you are in Building 3 it has the closest drop off point as well.

Not sure if I should post this or not.......

But if you are going to use the shuttle service get a schedule from The Grand (the hotel) as well. Most times are the same BUT there are some the will really help (see 1:00pm return time from MK) and if the WBC regular shuttle is packed there may be an empty "Grand" shuttle right behind it. If you are in Building 3 it has the closest drop off point as well.

That really is a great idea. I didn't know they had their own shuttle. We plan to drive, but if DH wants to head back before us this could be helpful. Thanks!

That really is a great idea. I didn't know they had their own shuttle. We plan to drive, but if DH wants to head back before us this could be helpful. Thanks!

No problem....
The schedule for the Grand is much more limited BUT there are a few times
that it helped a lot.

Just having double buses was nice. One night DW was about to get on a packed bus at the MK with DD x 2 (I was trying to figure out how I was going to get a double stroller on there) and The Grand bus comes pulling up right next to us.

Jumped on....closer drop off back at WBC...got schedule the next day.

We will be flying in and renting a car at the airport. Is there a car rental service at WBC? I read in a review that they had this, but want to be sure. I was planning on driving in to WBC, dropping off bags, then returning the car to DTD area that same day. Then I am going to go back to DTD the day we leave, pick up a rental, drive back to airport and drop off there.

We will be flying in and renting a car at the airport. Is there a car rental service at WBC? I read in a review that they had this, but want to be sure. I was planning on driving in to WBC, dropping off bags, then returning the car to DTD area that same day. Then I am going to go back to DTD the day we leave, pick up a rental, drive back to airport and drop off there.

That seems like a lot of work and expense. Could you get a taxi or have you checked to see if te have a shuttle from the airport to save you some time? There has got to be a better and cheaper way unless your rental is free. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter