• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

• Deluxe Resort of your choice in the fanciest Suite & best view WDW has to offer, but all of your mea

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • Value Resort of your choosing (standard room), but all of your meals are the most signature that WDW

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Feeling broke & dreaming......

Someone offers you an amazing WDW Trip, but you have to choose between:

1) Deluxe Resort of your choice in the fanciest Suite & best view WDW has to offer, but all of your meals must be counter service

2) Value Resort of your choosing (standard room), but all of your meals are the most signature that WDW has to offer, including Victoria & Alberts, Dining Experiences from world renowned chefs, fireworks dessert party, exclusive dining experiences that take place inside an attraction, etc...

As for me, I'm going with a fancy suite at the Poly or GF & dining on chicken nuggets every night!!

I'd definitely pick resort over food. I really don't care that much about food. I eat but I'm just as happy with some tuna and carrot sticks as I am with a fancy meal. Give me a beautiful resort with a spa, gym and other perks and I'm in heaven.

Well, the fanciest suite is probably club level... :jumping1:

With my kids or my husband, I'd go resort but solo, I'd go food. I'm the only one that enjoys "fancy" food.

I would definitely choose the deluxe resort and counter service food.

I'm very much a "live to eat" sort of person. And with my diet, it can be difficult to find much variety (or much, period) at counter service venues. But I'd still choose the swanky resort! princess:

I would go with the food because if I were doing all the dessert parties and exclusive dining, there wouldn't be much time for hanging at the hotel. I don't sleep much when I'm in Disney because there is just so much to see and do!

I picked resort since QS has some pretty good offerings now days and I've tried two different value resorts, Pop and ASSp and hated both so you would have to pay me to stay in a value again.

I like eating at nice restaurants but if I staying for a week which coming from a long distance would be rather stay in a nicer resort. Comfort would win out. There is lots of QS places I could try.

I am a middle of the road gal so I'd say: some cheaper (menu not buffet or character) TS places and a moderate resort. But having to pick one of the two choices above... probably nice room with all CS meals. I hear the value resorts can be noisy and I am a light sleeper... plus I am not big on fancy meals like Victoria and Alberts. I am too self conscious of having poor etiquette. Not a big fan of the CS food at WDW but could deal with it as long as I'm getting decent sleep.

I have to say the deluxe hotel. I have never gone to Disney World, so I would be thrilled to eat at counter service and some middle of the road counter service meals while staying at my dream resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter