WWYD? Jan. ADR timing for short trip...

momma2gap

Earning My Ears
Hi
Background:
We are headed in Jan. for a quick trip 4 night trip. I have all of my ADRs set but have just rearranged our park visits and torn between a few of our ADRs.
First off, we are totally doing these 2 restaurants for the character experience. DD is 5 and DS is 3, (DS has an odd fascination with the Mad Hatter so I'm hoping he's there that day)

So here are my questions:

1-Currently, I have an 8am and an 11am ADR for 1900 Park Fare. Would it be better to do the early and just be done with it so we can stay in the park the rest of the day or get to MK at RD, do Rupunzel's 1st M&G, a few things in Fantasy Land, get some FPs for later then head over to the GF for brunch? Which one would you do?

2- Monday is our Departure day. AK day which has EMH. Main priority there is FOTLK. Currently have a 10:30 for Tusker House but considering a 11-12 lunch. (I'm afraid since it's Jan, first FOTLK won't be until 10ish, we'd not make the ADR, then not get into the show based on us having to leave the park.) With an 11ish ADR my thinking is we'd get in EMH do Safari & EE (maybe just get FPs), 1st LK show then whatever we can fit in before lunch and before we have to leave the park (2ish).

I'd love any helpful suggestions!! thanks!!

My family really loves 1900 Park Fare for breakfast! I personally like being at the park for rope drop and then taking the latest breakfast. You do have to leave early, but we can get a lot accomplished in that first 1 1/2 hours or so before leaving for breakfast. I also like having breakfast that late because my kids love breakfast food, so they actually eat, so it counts as lunch, too. I have also found it more laid back.

As for your departure day, that's a tough one. I think you need to pick what your must do is. Departure day never really goes quite as planned for us. We used to try to pack in a lot before we left, but then the kids are cranky on the plane ride home and exhausted. I like the food at Tusker House, but I have found the character interaction rushed and the tables way too close together. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for the advice, I was leaning towards the later PF time, so I think you sold me...thanks! (BTW, we're are in VA too :):thumbsup2

Where in VA are you? We're in Northern VA by Dulles Airport. We just booked a last minute trip in January as a surprise for the kids :) Maybe we'll see you at 1900 Park Fare ;)

Small world, we're in Sterling :)
And our trip is a surprise too, we got our ME package yesterday which makes it real!!:cool1:

That's crazy! We're in Sterling, too! We're having a Dismeet next month at Tysons Mall. You should come join the fun :banana:

Although I'm NOT from Virginia, :lmao: I can share our experience.

We had a later ADR in January 09, which is already a slow time anyway, and we were one of 4 tables. You can imagine how much time we spent with the characters. To the point where we were like "okay, move along now." LOL

If your DS loves the Mad Hatter, then the later time is definitely the way to go. He'll get lots of quality time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter