WWYD...hotel/APH ticket question

denily

Mouseketeer
So...I've been waiting for the APH rates to come out but I was hesitant to pull the trigger on buying the AP until I found out the rates...and now AP prices have gone up.
I currently have a reservation at RPR for a 2 queen club level room. This is not available with the APH rates for our dates.
I'm wondering if it's even worth it to get the AP now. I wanted to be able to use the AP for discounts at hotel, food, shopping, and our other 3 tickets that I need to get. Now with these tiers for the AP I would need to get the preferred pass, I'm not sure it's going to be worth it for us.
Adding to this is that our trip is only one night. We are planning to arrive at the hotel early, check in, maybe grab some breakfast, then head to the parks. Will trying to get my AP and buy our other 3 tickets take up too much time first thing in the morning?
I can get an APH rate at HRH or PBH but it's only about $40-50 less than what I'm paying now. Will the food and merchandise discounts potentially make up some of the difference?
My friends and I are planning a trip to US again in Sept/Oct next year, which is where the idea for an AP originated. However, these friends are not the most reliable, so I'm not sure I can count on the trip....
WWYD? Keep RPR and just buy the 4 tickets from UT? Or go for the AP and switch to another resort?

Food and merch discounts are only 10% with the preferred pass

Unless you are returning again, don't think the AP will help much for only a one night stay

But it all will depend on how much money you think you will spend for that visit

Figure out what you will save for the one night room cost, tickets for friends, food, shopping, etc

You will be saving ten cents for each dollar you spend

Makes sense...
Part of me really wants to do the AP, because I know without it I almost definitely won't go back next year. But having it will be incentive to take another trip. Even if my friends back out, I could probably get DH or my sister to come along. The difference in Preferred Pass and a regular 2 day park to park is about $180. I've already got ~$50 by switching resorts to PBH. And another $50 by using the discount for our other 3 tickets. Is it going to be a huge pain to get the AP and tickets the morning we get there? Time is another thing to think about since we only have two days for this trip. I don't want to waste a ton of time the first morning.
But, you're probably right the 10% isn't going to make up the rest of the $80 for us...
Unless we switch from club level at RPR to a regular room, which would be almost $200 less than what we are paying now, which would basically more than pay for the difference in the AP....ugh...even more to think about...
I've talked up club level so much to DH and the kids, I'm not sure I want to take it away now! I guess another question would be whether club level at HRH or PBH would be worth ~$140-150 more than a regular room at RPR. I was hoping to use club level for breakfast two days, eat lunch at the park, take a break at the hotel, then the happy hour/appetizers as a light dinner, back to the park for awhile.

guess another question would be whether club level at HRH or PBH would be worth ~$140-150 more than a regular room at RPR. I was hoping to use club level for breakfast two days, eat lunch at the park, take a break at the hotel, then the happy hour/appetizers as a light dinner, back to the park for awhile.

Does what you get seem like it will be worth that money? It wouldn't for my family for such a short stay, but we likely eat differently than your family. On the other hand, my DH is a guy who likes club/concierge level just to have it, and isn't as obsessed with getting his moneys worth like I am.

I don't love going back and forth to partake in the offerings. Going in the shorter winter hours works for me because when we come back for wine we are simply done for the day.

That's me though. ;)

When is your trip? For our trip in July I booked nearly last minute and watched the ap rates go up and down repeatedly. Missed out on a deal by seconds then got it back an hour later. Prices can fluctuate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter