WOW, value rooms went fast.

VikingInMouseEars

DIS Veteran
Free Dining announced this AM so we started looking at our preferred dates. Admittedly we didn't start looking until around 8:30 MT but sheesh, there was not a single value room available during any of the 3 weeks we were hoping for except for some family suites. We did finally find a All-star Sports preferred room that we booked starting on Dec. 10th and I think they had some music rooms open for shorter stays around that time, but thats it! We were hoping for Pop Century but didn't find any openings for there, but we will keep checking.
It's been several years since we booked a free dining room, but I don't remember them filling up this fast.
Maybe they didn't release as many deal rooms this year. Or maybe with WDW prices continuing to climb people were desperate to grab this deal.

Keep checking. There's a sort of feeding frenzy when the discount first comes out, and then things settle down and people fine tune their trips. I recommend checking first thing in the morning, around lunchtime, and in the evening - every day. Be especially diligent around the dates when there are cancellation deadlines for packages and room only reservations. Good luck!

I think some of it also has to do with moderates under the free dining not being offered the regular dining plan but the quick service, same as values, so those that may have considered a moderate because of the better dining plan are instead going to values.

Keep checking. There's a sort of feeding frenzy when the discount first comes out, and then things settle down and people fine tune their trips. I recommend checking first thing in the morning, around lunchtime, and in the evening - every day. Be especially diligent around the dates when there are cancellation deadlines for packages and room only reservations. Good luck!

Yep, we will keep looking. We don't mind staying somewhere different, but the on;y WDW resort we have every stayed at is Pop so it's kind of like home. But oh well, if it doesn't open up then we will have a new experience.

I think some of it also has to do with moderates under the free dining not being offered the regular dining plan but the quick service, same as values, so those that may have considered a moderate because of the better dining plan are instead going to values.

Good point, that may very well be some of the reason.

Add to the frenzy, the fact that Pop is undergoing a refurbishment, leaving a building or two unavailable for occupancy, leaves for some slim pickings at POP.

Last year, I checked the day free dining was available (though I wasn't able to until the evening), and there was nothing left at the Values then, and it was like 7 or 8pm EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter