WOW, FP+ is worse than I even imagined

We ran into the same glitch when deleting a third Fast Pass for our last day of the trip thinking we wouldn't really need it since we are planning on park hopping and not sure what our itinerary for the day will be. We have FPs for Wishes and the Electrical Parade at MK for our last day. Then we decided, what the heck, may as well try for a third, but in order to get the third one back, we had to delete the two we did have booked and keep our fingers crossed that those two would still be available. In order to get a third one back, we had to make all three FP+ reservations at the same time. So, it's best to go ahead and make three and either change the third, or just don't use it.

Everyone I know see that's down there now has been posting wait times of 0 - 10 minutes.... what long lines?! :confused3

it's post Labor Day September, one of the times that historically you never needed FP (#4 on my list above). October steps it up a notch, although it will be interesting this year, with a MUCH longer Halloween time at Disney, if the locals will be spread out more, as will the non-locals. In theory, it should make early October better this year, FP+ is still a bigger problem than solution.

-Jason

Well, I'm glad you were able to use this very limited and irregular usage of the new system to reinforce your preconceptions about the new system. :thumbsup2

I can see that 30 days out in early October, there are hardly any FPs available past 1 pm.

That's not irregular at all. It shows that FP+ has severely limited ride availability, as it was designed to do.

-Jason

We ran into the same glitch when deleting a third Fast Pass for our last day of the trip thinking we wouldn't really need it since we are planning on park hopping and not sure what our itinerary for the day will be. We have FPs for Wishes and the Electrical Parade at MK for our last day. Then we decided, what the heck, may as well try for a third, but in order to get the third one back, we had to delete the two we did have booked and keep our fingers crossed that those two would still be available. In order to get a third one back, we had to make all three FP+ reservations at the same time. So, it's best to go ahead and make three and either change the third, or just don't use it.

I had the same problem. At this point I am afraid to touch it so my dh only has 2 FP's.

Anyone know how this will impact the ability to pull more passes when these are done? Will he be able to pull another pass after the 2 or will the system be stuck waiting for a third and never open up for another selection?

it's post Labor Day September, one of the times that historically you never needed FP (#4 on my list above). October steps it up a notch, although it will be interesting this year, with a MUCH longer Halloween time at Disney, if the locals will be spread out more, as will the non-locals. In theory, it should make early October better this year, FP+ is still a bigger problem than solution.

-Jason

Oh. So you're just irritated on principle about the 'long lines.' Ok. :thumbsup2

No, it actually shows windows for all day, which surprised me. I have a FP+ for a time I won't even be allowed in the park for. Wonder if I could demand entry!:lmao:

To be clear, I knew this was coming. I was very active in the anti-FP threads early this year.

The folks that say "it worked great for us" are clearly either
1. staying on site and nabbed FP+ at 60+ days out
2. not big riders, and more than happy with 3 rides a day
3. lucky with MDE
4. going when FP has historically been unnecessary

-Jason

Let me just say 'no' to all four of those. I did pick 60 days out but not always the times I wanted. I adjusted as I could work it. We definitely rode more than three a day and mostly ALL headliners. NO luck with MDE. It crashed and froze constantly on site. I used the out of the way FP+ kiosks in minimal time. Although we are there at a slower time of year there can be waits. RnR was at 50 minutes most days in HS and with FP+ we walked right on.

Try to be positive about it. :thumbsup2 Sometimes over thinking can over complicate:faint:

While everyone's actual experience may vary as to availability of FP+, wait times, booking timing etc, there is one constant. The MDE system for booking these "golden tickets" is cumbersome, slow and counter-intuitive. The tips and tricks posted on this board have been invaluable for me and others who did not have to waste time with the system. OP, I understand your frustration. Your situation is somewhat unique and it is odd the system has not adjusted for party only tickets. But the system is kind of odd anyway.

Let me just say 'no' to all four of those. I did pick 60 days out but not always the times I wanted. I adjusted as I could work it. We definitely rode more than three a day and mostly ALL headliners. NO luck with MDE. It crashed and froze constantly on site. I used the out of the way FP+ kiosks in minimal time. Although we are there at a slower time of year there can be waits. RnR was at 50 minutes most days in HS and with FP+ we walked right on.

Try to be positive about it. :thumbsup2 Sometimes over thinking can over complicate:faint:

So, you say no to all four, but admit you fall under #4.

Trust me, I HATE that I have to overthink about my WDW vacation 30 days out. It sucks. But Disney has forced me to do it. Any other visit, at this point, I had ZERO worries about when and what rides I would hit at MNSSHP in a month.

I'm sure positive thoughts will open up all the FP+, so I'll do that. Should have thought about that earlier. Oh wait, it's #3.

-Jason

No, it actually shows windows for all day, which surprised me. I have a FP+ for a time I won't even be allowed in the park for. Wonder if I could demand entry!:lmao:

To be clear, I knew this was coming. I was very active in the anti-FP threads early this year.

3. lucky with MDE

-Jason

Why would you be limited to 3 rides a day? Before FP+, did you ONLY ride rides using fastpass? You didn't ride standby for anything?

We minimally used fastpass before - maybe 2 or 3 a day. For that reason, I don't see what the fuss is.

Now, I have read that standby lines have increased as a result of FP+, and THAT concerns me.

Regardless, I don't get these threads saying OMG I didn't get the FPs I wanted/my vacation is ruined/Disney sucks. FP had a minimal effect on our vacations before FP+. Does anyone really think they're never going to wait in a line? If so, I'd say unrealistic expectations are the villain here.

3. lucky with MDE

-Jason

We were at WDW in March and over Memorial Day weekend this year and it was packed. We made our FP+ selections probably 30-45 days out, if that, and were able to get what we wanted. What limited us was the tiering, not availablity. Using rope drop we were able to get in 9 or 10 rides by lunch not 3 and that was without using any of our FPs yet.

We had our FP+ selected for MK, none for 7DMT (dwarf hill?)

Then some became available for 7DMT. Booked them but it deleted all the FP+ for that day.

So we were left with 7DMT and if I tried to add on two more FP+ for other attractions it would wipe out 7DMT.

I called Disney and was on the phone for 40 min just to get us back up to 3 FP+ for the day. Now we can go in and try and change them.

MDE/FP+ is okay if you aren't looking for A&E or 7DMT for larger parties. We are a family of 5.

Right now I just have A&E for my four year old. I have no idea how I made one reservation since she isn't 7 yet.

It may be time for a reminder....

When people come to this Board and post that FP+ and MDE worked flawlessly for them and that they are the greatest invention of all time, that is not an ivitation for the nay-sayers to chime in that the poster is some combination of a liar or cheerleader. Let them post their experiences; let's all absorb them; and let's move on.

Likewise, when a poster comes here and posts how horrible their experience was, that is not an invitation to the supporters to call out the OP; imply that they are an idiot; accuse them of not doing enough research; or fault them for not knowing every trick in the book. Remember that the very fact that the OP is here on this site means that he is statistically toward the front of the curve of FP knowledge. The vast majority of people who go to WDW will go in with less FP savvy than the OP. So if the OP had issues, even though he had a headstart on using the system, you can imagine what the majority of guests will face. Sure, there are lots of great resources here, including mesaboy2's soon-to-be-named Thread of the Year. But those resources will be read and digested by a percentage of guests that is too small to calculate. To some extent, WDW is responsible for creating a system that is user friendly, glitch-free and intuitive. I'll let you decide if they have done that. But piling on a poster for not understanding the system is more of an indictment of the sytem itself than of the user. The OP had his experience and you all have yours. Let it go. Both ways.

We were at WDW in March and over Memorial Day weekend this year and it was packed. We made our FP+ selections probably 30-45 days out, if that, and were able to get what we wanted. What limited us was the tiering, not availablity. Using rope drop we were able to get in 9 or 10 rides by lunch not 3 and that was without using any of our FPs yet.

So you were onsite. Maybe not at 60 days, but more than 30. Again, you are giving a specific result that you can't acheive without staying on property.

I guess you are right, and a packed day can still yield 9 or 10 SB rides by noon, but something doesn't seem logical in that comment. 9 or 10 SB rides by noon has always been pretty much an impossibility, unless there are some special circumstances involved.

But still, FP+ obviously didn't do that for you, right?

And the one limit you state is 100% FP+'s fault.

So, scratching my head on why you like FP+

-J

So, you say no to all four, but admit you fall under #4.

Trust me, I HATE that I have to overthink about my WDW vacation 30 days out. It sucks. But Disney has forced me to do it. Any other visit, at this point, I had ZERO worries about when and what rides I would hit at MNSSHP in a month.

I'm sure positive thoughts will open up all the FP+, so I'll do that. Should have thought about that earlier. Oh wait, it's #3.

-Jason

You could just look at it as fortunate enough to be in Disney. :thumbsup2 You sound bitter/disgruntled and I don't think any of us on here can assist you with that issue. Like previous posters stated, the tutorials posted here and other sites like easywdw were helpful to us. Falling 'under' number 4 is a perk, however, if you go to a park on a non recommended day you will have high wait times. Some of us don't mind the planning in advance so that the trip runs smoothly. It can take a lot of work but it certainly pays off in the end.

As my ten year old son would say "you get what you put into it":goodvibes:wave2:

Now, I have read that standby lines have increased as a result of FP+, and THAT concerns me.

This is probably my main concern with FP+. I always mixed in my old FP with standby as I was a rope dropper. It seems that if standby lines are now increasing due to FP+, you really may end up with just picking a few rides a day.

We had our FP+ selected for MK, none for 7DMT (dwarf hill?)

Then some became available for 7DMT. Booked them but it deleted all the FP+ for that day.

So we were left with 7DMT and if I tried to add on two more FP+ for other attractions it would wipe out 7DMT.

I called Disney and was on the phone for 40 min just to get us back up to 3 FP+ for the day. Now we can go in and try and change them.

MDE/FP+ is okay if you aren't looking for A&E or 7DMT for larger parties. We are a family of 5.

Right now I just have A&E for my four year old. I have no idea how I made one reservation since she isn't 7 yet.

I didn't have any issues with 7DMT on 2 days and A&E for parties of 5. Sounds like the system was just being crappy for you.

When people come to this Board and post that FP+ and MDE worked flawlessly for them and that they are the greatest invention of all time, that is not an ivitation for the nay-sayers to chime in that the poster is some combination of a liar or cheerleader. Let them post their experiences; let's all absorb them; and let's move on.

Likewise, when a poster comes here and posts how horrible their experience was, that is not an invitation to the supporters to call out the OP; imply that they are an idiot; accuse them of not doing enough research; or fault them for not knowing every trick in the book. Remember that the very fact that the OP is here on this site means that he is statistically toward the front of the curve of FP knowledge. The vast majority of people who go to WDW will go in with less FP savvy than the OP. So if the OP had issues, even though he had a headstart on using the system, you can imagine what the majority of guests will face. Sure, there are lots of great resources here, including mesaboy2's soon-to-be-named Thread of the Year. But those resources will be read and digested by a percentage of guests that is too small to calculate. To some extent, WDW is responsible for creating a system that is user friendly, glitch-free and intuitive. I'll let you decide if they have done that. But piling on a poster for not understanding the system is more of an indictment of the sytem itself than of the user. The OP had his experience and you all have yours. Let it go. Both ways.

Thank you for being the ONLY sane voice of reason in 3 pages of posting. Your eloquent post was a very nice way to ask everyone to just shut the crap up. Haha. Now if only the ones that exhale pixie dust would heed your advice....

We just linked our tickets 40 days out so that is why there was nothing for A&E and 7DMT the other day. We did get 7DMT but it dropped our other FP for that day.
I have A&E for one of our kids. She's four. It shouldn't have even let me make that selection.

Can this be posted on the front page of the disboards? This message is far too important to be lost in this thread.

I am so glad to see a "veteran" be the voice of reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter