Would you wait?

I think you go with your finances and the likes of you and your Family. If you can afford it go as many times as you can. If you are counting your pennies hold off for a year and really make it trip!!,you might plan for betterr resort,more days make it that more to plan. My self I am going In Nov,catch F&W and MVMCP and then spring of 2013 but i am doing it solo.

If this is a once-in-many-years trip, I would probably hold off on making firm plans until we see more about the schedule. The insider wonks over at WDWMagic are talking "Fall 2012" for the bulk of the new areas, but as we saw with Dumbo/Goofini this winter, things can slip. November '12 *should* see most of the BatB and Mermaid areas open, but you never know for sure until it happens.

It's probably not worth waiting for the Snow White Mine Train, though...the same insiders are talking 2014 for that.

If you really want to plan for something, I'd shoot for sometime in early 2013.

Edited to add: relevant wdwmagic thread.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=829510

That's what I was going to say. But the OP has decided to wait!

OP hope you enjoyed the snow in some way! Especially since it happened over MKL weekend, it reminded me of Georgia...I got caught in a MLK weekend eastern seaboard snowmageddon in the mid-90s while in Atlanta for a seminar. Oh such madness! We had to stay a day or two extra with the friend we were staying with, talk about wearing out our welcome! When we finally got out, it took 3 times as long as it normally takes to get back to Spartanburg. This time, I stayed put and didn't go anywhere but on foot. :) Anyway, I couldn't help but think of Atlanta, with the timing of the snow here. :)

The snow was so pretty at first. lol Then the cabin fever set in. :scared1: We were going nuts. I'm from Ca so this much snow was a huge NO for me. DH had to drive me everywhere. lol His poor dad was stuck in puyallup with no lights. Our lights did stay on thank god.

Hi!! We have decided to go in Mach 2013 :eek: but if we want to get it all. It's better to wait. And trust me my kids will still want to go. My 12 year old is truely a Disney lover and my 8 year old is in love with DW. Things won't change. They have been like that since birth lol.:goodvibes:goodvibes Plus a few extra months won't change anything. :cloud9:

It really depends on individual situations. Personally, I'm pushing 64 years old, I get anxious waiting for a three minute egg these days cause I'm concerned that I might not make it long enough to see it finished. :rotfl:

Just kidding, but if MK is kind of abbreviated these days. Still a lot to do, but without a doubt it is in remodel mode. For me, most of the stuff I want to go too is still open and operating. I am looking forward to some of the new stuff coming to Fantasyland, but if I can, I will see it when it is completed.:goodvibes

It really depends on individual situations. Personally, I'm pushing 64 years old, I get anxious waiting for a three minute egg these days cause I'm concerned that I might not make it long enough to see it finished. :rotfl:

Just kidding, but if MK is kind of abbreviated these days. Still a lot to do, but without a doubt it is in remodel mode. For me, most of the stuff I want to go too is still open and operating. I am looking forward to some of the new stuff coming to Fantasyland, but if I can, I will see it when it is completed.:goodvibes
The 60's are the new 30's:thumbsup2

We are also thinking of a 2013 trip. Will all of the renovations in Magic Kingdom be done by then, such as on Main St. as well as Fantasyland?

We are also thinking of a 2013 trip. Will all of the renovations in Magic Kingdom be done by then, such as on Main St. as well as Fantasyland?

I think that very much depends on when in 2013 you intend to go. And whether construction remains on schedule.

As for the Main street stuff, I think that's just normal refurb stuff that will take place in the off season forever as needed.

I think that very much depends on when in 2013 you intend to go. And whether construction remains on schedule.

As for the Main street stuff, I think that's just normal refurb stuff that will take place in the off season forever as needed.
I agree. To some extent, there are always going to be renovations and refurbishments going on - which is a good thing :-)

As for the absolute end of construction in Fantasyland, I believe that the Snow White Mine Train Ride is not supposed to be done until late 2013 - some blogs are saying they think it won't be done until early 2014. I'm excited for that ride, but I'm not going to put off my WDW plans for it.

I would go. We've been the last two years (when the construction was going on) and it took nothing away from our experience. We actually love that we were there during the biggest change in MK history.

Snow White's Mine Train is also, supposedly, pushed back until 2014. Look at it this way:

You can go now, see all the new sites that will be open when you get there, start saving for a new trip as soon as possible and make a return trip in late 2014 when the newness of the expansion has worn off a bit.

I would wait but maybe buy your tickets now unless you like to do a package type deal.
We are buying the tickets at the military rate, so that isn't the problem:). I just don't want any blue walls blocking our view of the magic. :wizard:

We are buying the tickets at the military rate, so that isn't the problem:). I just don't want any blue walls blocking our view of the magic. :wizard:

Did I miss something about military tickets being extended into late 2012 and beyond( i hope so, it would help me out!)? If not then the current promotion ends Sept. 30, 2012.

As for your original question, because this will be your last trip in awhile, I'd wait. Expansions will be complete, you'll have more $$ to enjoy it.

Some of the reasons you've been given to go now are reasonable, others are....odd. You're children will only be 1 year older. That is not going to change their perspective much, if at all. Any number of things COULD happen. Odds are they won't. Go when you think will be best for your family without thinking about gloom and doom.

I would go. There is always going to be something new they are working on. If they announce something else you really want to see, would you then push it off again? As others have said, some of the stuff could be pushed back for opening and you might miss it then too.

We are waiting.

I'll be starting a master's degree in Spring 2014 and won't be done until 2017 - so most likely there will be no Disney trips those 3 years (master's in nursing for nurse-midwifery, super demanding clinicals that I can't miss a bit of). So we had a choice between 2012 and 2013 for our final trip for a bit. We decided on 2013 and alot had to do with the Fantasyland expansion being complete. We have two small children and MK is of course their favorite park. Even with the potential (or almost certain) inflation of prices, it was still a no-brainer for us. 2013.

Did I miss something about military tickets being extended into late 2012 and beyond( i hope so, it would help me out!)? If not then the current promotion ends Sept. 30, 2012.

We have looked and compared and we are gonna get our tickets at the MWR here on post.

I would go. There is always going to be something new they are working on. If they announce something else you really want to see, would you then push it off again? As others have said, some of the stuff could be pushed back for opening and you might miss it then too.

If we really want to see it then maybe;)

Have you considered a short trip to Disneyland to hold you over? By next fall the new Carsland will be open, and you'll get to ride the Little Mermaid and new Star Tours. It's not DW for sure, but the feeling is still there, and since you're in Washington state, the flights shouldn't cost too much. Staying off site might feel a little odd, but you can save a lot of money.

Something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter