Would you wait?

disneygal2007

He's my Soldier and I am his Princess
We are thinking about going to DW in Nov. But I saw that the awesome new things won't be done in the MK until 2013. This may be our last trip for awhile due to distance. Being that the MK is our fav park would you wait until everything is complete? I really want to see it in all it's glory. :goodvibes What would you do. I also think 2013 will give us better $$$ saving time.

The only thing that won't be finished in November of 2012 is the Snow White Mine Train ride, I beleive everything else in the new MK expansion is supposed to be open by then.

I guess you have to ask yourself will your money saving be eaten up by inflation and ticket price increases?

Hard to say.

I would probably wait until Fantasyland was fully operational...but you never what the future will bring. Illness, death, financial disaster or war could prevent me from going in the future.

I know what you mean about distance! I used to bop down to Disney frequently. But now the airlines want like $800 for last-minute trips. And driving takes such a long time. I go less frequently, too.

Either way, I'd buy my tickets now.

Honestly, I would probably wait. I took DD in Nov/Dec 11 and MK really lost something to me with the construction walls and increased congestion in the rest of the park. Still enjoyed it, but it wasn't as amazing as usual. I'm still taking DS in June 12, but he's a star wars nut so MK is just an extra to him. I mean, he loves it, but he's mostly looking forward to DHS and eating at GG and CM's with Pluto. After that, which we planned for a long time as individual one time b-day trips w/ each kiddo, we won't be back to WDW until afterMK is complete, and possibly not until after the whole avatar thing is done, although I don't think that will disrupt the park as much since they're not having to use current public space in the construction.

The only thing that won't be finished in November of 2012 is the Snow White Mine Train ride, I beleive everything else in the new MK expansion is supposed to be open by then.

I thought that the little mermaid wasnt due to open until 2013 either....has that been changed??

We are waiting till 2013 for the same reason. We went last year and noticed a big difference when fantasyland wasn't open. So we are saving and doing a big all out trip in 2013!

If it's going to be your last trip in a while then I would wait. We're going now but that has more to do with timing and availability to go at all. I would much prefer to go when it's all done.

Well I understand that you want to see all of Fantasyland I do too but If you can go for a sure thing in 2012 I would take it. Because who knows what could pop up in 2013 such as:war, Great depression #2, job loss,sickness, death, natural disaster(sorry I should probably stop I don't want to scare you:lovestruc)So for me 2012:thumbsup2

If I wasn't able to go back for years and years, I'd probably wait. It looks like you can travel during low season, so you won't have to worry about staggering crowds all Turing up for the new stuff during those peak 2013 weeks!
Buy your tickets before the next increase and keep saving your pennies....

The only way we're going before 2014 is if we win one of the 60 trips being given away.

I'm probably in the minority but I think that I would go ahead and go. Ticket prices will increase and there will be even less discounts than there are now when MK is complete. Plus it's going to be crazy crowded. Look at TSMM, it's been open for years now and you still have to get a FP early in the morning or risk standing in a huge standby line. I'm sure these new rides will be the same way.

I thought that the little mermaid wasnt due to open until 2013 either....has that been changed??

We are waiting till 2013 for the same reason. We went last year and noticed a big difference when fantasyland wasn't open. So we are saving and doing a big all out trip in 2013!
Little Mermaid has always been schedulded to open in 2012. I haven't been on the massive MK construction thread in a week or so, but as far as I know, everything but the Snow White Mine Train ride is supposed to be open by the fall of 2012.

Little Mermaid has always been schedulded to open in 2012. I haven't been on the massive MK construction thread in a week or so, but as far as I know, everything but the Snow White Mine Train ride is supposed to be open by the fall of 2012.

That's my understanding. We're hoping to go late this year to see that area open. I'm sure it will still be disappointing to see the big walls up around the mine coaster area, but it will be grand to see Fantasyland looking a little more put together.

OP..... one thing that will also change if you wait longer is your kids. They're only young once. I'd make hay while the sun shines. Wait too long and they might decide Fantasyland isn't that interesting anyway.

That's my understanding. We're hoping to go late this year to see that area open. I'm sure it will still be disappointing to see the big walls up around the mine coaster area, but it will be grand to see Fantasyland looking a little more put together.

OP..... one thing that will also change if you wait longer is your kids. They're only young once. I'd make hay while the sun shines. Wait too long and they might decide Fantasyland isn't that interesting anyway.
Yep, I agree. And, that's our plan too. I'm hoping to be there December 11 - 19 this year - can't wait!

Yep, I agree. And, that's our plan too. I'm hoping to be there December 11 - 19 this year - can't wait!

That could be when we end up there too. Nothing firm yet, but that week has worked best for us in the past. I'm a little nervous about whether there will be any discounts once FLE opens, but I'll just have to hope for the best.

That could be when we end up there too. Nothing firm yet, but that week has worked best for us in the past. I'm a little nervous about whether there will be any discounts once FLE opens, but I'll just have to hope for the best.
Yes, I'm wondering that too. We've had free dining 3 times in December and are really wanting it again this year. I also really want to stay at the new Art of Animation Resort, but the more I think about it, I'm afraid with it being a new resort that there won't be any discounts. But I'll just take free dining and will happily go back to All-Star Movies or Pop. I guess we will see . . . .

Thanks:thumbsup2 I have been thinking about this post all night lol My DH and I talked over our morning coffee and we decided to wait. We are military and we are trying to get stationed in GA. 4 hours and 17 minutes from Post gate to DW arch:yay: I really want to go this year, but I the magic kingdom so much that I don't want blue gates around it. And maybe we can save up enough money to stay at our one of our dream resorts. Poly or Animal Kingdom Lodge. :cloud9: Thanks for all the post!

That's what I was going to say. But the OP has decided to wait!

OP hope you enjoyed the snow in some way! Especially since it happened over MKL weekend, it reminded me of Georgia...I got caught in a MLK weekend eastern seaboard snowmageddon in the mid-90s while in Atlanta for a seminar. Oh such madness! We had to stay a day or two extra with the friend we were staying with, talk about wearing out our welcome! When we finally got out, it took 3 times as long as it normally takes to get back to Spartanburg. This time, I stayed put and didn't go anywhere but on foot. :) Anyway, I couldn't help but think of Atlanta, with the timing of the snow here. :)

We're not waiting. Any upgrade from the FL I saw in 2009 will be a blessing, completed or not. October 2012- here we come! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter