Would you use a FP to go to the bathroom?

otterpop

DIS Veteran
With the way the crowds continue to increase and Disney trying to control most (every?) aspect of our trips, I was thinking something very random...

If Disney started offering FP's to use the restroom, would you get one? Before you laugh and ask if this is a joke, just think about it; how many times have you (and your kids) gone to the bathroom and you had to wait 10+ minutes or maybe you wanted to go but the line was too long and Splash Mountain really turned into Splash Mountain???

This option would be no different than any other FP and I'm thinking it would work in the following way:
1. It counts as 1 of your initial 3.
2. It can be booked as your 4+.
3. There would be a separate Restroom FP line at the most widely used restrooms in the Parks.

Any thoughts? Any ideas that you think would make this a better/more useful option?

Think about all of the "absurd" ideas from the last several years that are now reality:
1. Paying for resort parking.
2. Needing a dining reservation for a QS restaurant (BoG).
3. $10 penalty for not showing up to a dining reservation.
4. Magicbands.
5. The finger scan to get into the Parks.
6. Fastpasses.
the list goes on...

This could be one of them!

Our trip last week I don't think we waited more than a minute to get into a stall. Maybe at the very busy times of year it can be an issue, but in general it isn't a problem

I have never waited 10 minutes in the bathroom. I don't think any of the items listed would be considered absurd. This would be.

I'm reading your "absurd" list, and I don't think that any of it is absurd.

Using a fast pass for the bathroom on the other hand actually is absurd.

First off I don't think they could legally do this due to people with disabilities act. IDK though.

And if it turns out they could...please don't give them any ideas.

I don't think I've ever waited to use a bathroom at Disney.

The women's bathroom on the other hand for whatever reason is another world with their lines.

I'm reading your "absurd" list, and I don't think that any of it is absurd.

Using a fast pass for the bathroom on the other hand actually is absurd.
I agree.

Then again, I disagreed with the OP on another thread and they sent me a PM to tell me that their imaginary friend would be very upset with me, so I'm not sure if they have a different definition of "absurd." :confused3

As much fun as it is to think of Disney making irrational decisions, this would do nothing to increase profits. Better to just up the price of theme park tickets further to alleviate crowding. Although it seems that increasing prices hasn't hurt demand in this robust vacation economy.

Note that all of the other absurd things that are listed are actually rational from a profit/cost perspective.

As much fun as it is to think of Disney making irrational decisions, this would do nothing to increase profits. Better to just up the price of theme park tickets further to alleviate crowding. Although it seems that increasing prices hasn't hurt demand in this robust vacation economy.

Note that all of the other absurd things that are listed are actually rational from a profit/cost perspective.

Good point...!

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I told you it was a random idea! :cool1: I guess the consensus is a big NO though! But many of you also disagreed with my list of "absurd" ideas that are now reality...I think all of the people that posted on the 100+ page thread about the pay for parking rumor would disagree!

Honestly, if they had this option this past April when we were there for Easter break, I would of used it for when I was in line with one of my sons! The 1-2 minutes we had to wait for the bathroom at Akershus probably felt like 20 for him! Sometimes, when you gotta go, you gotta go, and maybe an option like this just might be helpful to some.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I told you it was a random idea! :cool1: I guess the consensus is a big NO though! But many of you also disagreed with my list of "absurd" ideas that are now reality...I think all of the people that posted on the 100+ page thread about the pay for parking rumor would disagree!

Honestly, if they had this option this past April when we were there for Easter break, I would of used it for when I was in line with one of my sons! The 1-2 minutes we had to wait for the bathroom at Akershus probably felt like 20 for him! Sometimes, when you gotta go, you gotta go, and maybe an option like this just might be helpful to some.
And yet you had 6 items on your list, and indicated that there are more.

Charging to stop people from booking numerous table service "in case" they might be at that park and want to eat there, isn't absurd. Magic bands are simply "key to the world" that you wear. Again, not absurd. And we could go on.

If Disney started offering FP's to use the restroom, would you get one?
There's this one guy at my office who seems to be pretty regular around 10:30 for a LOOOONG pit stop...I could see him going for a FP for a #2. Personally, my body just isn't that scheduled and I feel like it would be a waste of a FP for a #1...what if I can't make it happen in that hour time window...wow this is getting stressful just thinking about it...:faint:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter