Would you splurge on a beach resort in April?

mom2aredhead

DIS Veteran
We're doing a few days in Anaheim at Disneyland, (M-F) then planned on a few days in the San Diego area (Fri-Tues, Easter weekend). Definitely want to go to San Diego Zoo and Sea World.

Here's my dilemma - I've come across a few beautiful beach resorts in my search for a hotel in San Diego...really they were more up in the Carlsbad area and further north, with the exception of the del Coronado which is right there. I just don't know if the weather will be warm enough to make the extra $$$ for a beach front resort worth it. We'll have a car, so getting to/from the zoo and Sea World isn't an issue. I just can't decide if I should stay more in the heart of San Diego/Mission Bay area, or stay further out but on the beach.

Yes, this is for Easter Weekend. This Easter. In about 3 weeks. UGH! Any thoughts??

And on a side note - has anyone ever done the Hornblower crunch cruise? Thought that might be nice for Easter (assuming they are not sold out). Seems to get good reviews, but was hoping someone had first had experience.

Thanks!!

There is nothing like the Hotel Del Coronado. It's gorgeous and the rooms are to die for. Even if it's raining, it would still be worth it. Also, their Sunday Brunch is the best I've ever had. It's in the ballroom and there are chocolate fountains and tables and tables covered in the best food ever.

Have I talked you in to it yet? I know it's an expense and you may not get beach time (although most likely, you will), but it's so great and full of such history.

Tracy

The Del is having a 50% off sale starting tomorrow, Thurs. March 18 through the 19th. Codes is DELS.

Tracy

The Del is having a 50% off sale starting tomorrow, Thurs. March 18 through the 19th. Codes is DELS.

Tracy

:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

It figures - literally 24 hours after I booked the Marriott! Oh well...at least I used some Amex points. I'm going to try to resist even looking at the sale...

We'll be there Easter weekend, so those dates probably wouldn't qualify for the sale price anyway...at least that's what I'll tell myself :rotfl:

The weather is hard to predict in April. It can be nice and warm (70-80s) and sunny, or it can be in the 60s. Generally there is more sun on the coast in April than in May and June, though. We just this week had several days of 80 degrees (or close to it) on the coast, but it's cooled off a bit now - I think it's supposed to get back into the 70s this weekend, though.

Easter week will be very busy at the beaches if the weather is nice, that's for sure - afternoon traffic has been bad this week for me going home because of extra beach traffic due to the warm weather. That's in San Diego, though - won't be so bad if you're further north in Carlsbad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter