• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you split up your party?

MammerJammer

Mouseketeer
We have a party of five. I'm thinking as a last resort splitting our party up as 3 and 2. What do you think?

I think it depends, if I was going with 4 other adults, I would consider it. But we are a party of 5, two parents and 3 kids, no I wouldn't. Sitting and spending time with my family on vacation is more important then a restaurant to me.

But you know sending DH with the kids and eating by myself doesn't sound so bad. Lol

For BOG dinner I would do it, because to me it's just that special, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I agree with PP, I'm at WDW to be with my family.

If you cannot find reservations for 5, try looking for a party of 6. The reservation system has a harder time with odd numbered parties because most parties of 5 will be seated at a 6 top and the system wants to fill every seat at the table. When you arrive at the restaurant just let the castmembers know there are 5 of you. You will not be charged for the "missing" person. Be sure to include everyone in your group when looking for reservations because of fire code regulations, so don't try looking for 4 because then one person in your group might not be seated.

You could also look for 2 separate reservations as close in time as possible and when you check in ask to be seated together, but it is only a request and while castmembers will do their best, there is the possibility you will be at 2 separate tables on opposite sides of the room so this would be a less desireable option for our family.

If this is for the vacation that is starting in 10 days, there are cancellations at the last minute because most don't want to pay the $10 per person penalty so keep checking even after you arrive at DW.

We had to do it at Yak and Yeti.......7, so a 4 and a 3. Reservations were at the same time.
They actually sat us all together, so it worked. We would have been fine sitting at separate tables though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter