• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you say something? Update pg 3

Would you say something or not?

• Yes

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Make a habit of being naked in YOUR window that faces her bathroom. See if she mentions it to YOU.

I would say something, but would change the story so that I was the one who had seen her.

If I knew them, I would say something. If I didn't know them, I would send them an anonymous letter. I wouldn't want my introductory encounter to be based on this.

If I ever got an anonymous letter in my mailbox like that, I would be mortified. And I would forever wonder which of my close neighbors left it, and couldn't just say it to my face. One of my parents' neighbors received an anonymous letter in their mailbox one time telling them to clean up their leaves because it was bothersome to other neighbors who maintained their yards. The neighbors on the receiving end of the letter completely shut off the rest of their neighborhood and I think to this day, they won't so much as wave at anyone else in the neighborhood.

If I were in the OP's situation, I wouldn't say anything. I agree that common sense says to put a window covering of some kind in their bathroom, especially if the window is large and low enough where you can see that. If they don't cover it, then it's on them for being unaware of their surroundings and/or too lazy to do it.

Last edited:

I'll dissent with the crowd as well...I would probably make it a point to be outside at the same time "coincidentally" and make a comment along the lines of "hey, good to see you again, yard looks great, blah blah blah...hey I wanted to mention my toddler/relative staying with me/friends leaving the other night/etc. pointed out the other night that your bathroom is a bit revealing at nighttime and I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't realize, but hey, c'est la vie!" I agree with an above poster though, I'd only do it wife to wife or husband to husband...crossing genders in this case might be slightly awkward.

I would absolutely say something to the wife along the lines that I need to protect my husband from heart attack.

I would not say anything because I would not want to embarrass them, and I would hope it was just a one time fluke. If it keeps happening and you can't avoid it, and you are friendly enough with the wife, I MIGHT mention to her that I accidentally saw her in the window. Yeah, I would not mention that my husband saw, I feel like that would mortify her un-necessarily. What's done is done, it was just one accidental happenstance

Absolutely would not say a word. They could choose to take it the wrong way no matter how tactfully the message was delivered, or they may have intentionally left the situation as is & want a response. I'd never show a flicker of awareness of the situation.

At my last house, the door to the back yard was on the side of the house. The door and stoop was directly across from our college age neighbors bathroom. Being a bunch of frat guys, they really couldn't care. This specific weekend one of their mothers was visiting them. I walked out saturday morning to enjoy my cup of coffee and got to see her wiping her rear. She came out into the backyard a little later and I menetioned her Tinkebell tattoo on her rear then explained about the door and window alignment. By noon there was window coverings.

Best story here!!! Instead of the mothers tatood behind, I am sitting here thinking about the college age Frat guys!!!!

How the he!! can people not be aware of an uncovered bathroom window....
I also don't know how people could see and be for months/years, and I would not also be able to see them doing so???

The delay in decorating and buying window coverings doesn't explain it either... I would get some thumbtacks and a towel!!!

The delay in decorating and buying window coverings doesn't explain it either... I would get some thumbtacks and a towel!!!

They had several different types of shades, curtains, towels up but there would always be a party and whatever was covering the window would be torn of the wall by vomiting individuals, so finally they just left it down. We kept seperate schedules so normally it was no issue. LOL The mom put up blinds then had them screw a sheet of plywood over the window.

I was glad to sell that house!!!!!!

How the he!! can people not be aware of an uncovered bathroom window....
I also don't know how people could see and be for months/years, and I would not also be able to see them doing so???

While I do understand some people are more oblivious than others (I tend to fall on the oblivious side of the spectrum), in this case I also wonder how they could be so unaware. Which leads me to believe they are not, in fact, unaware at all but rather simply do not care. Which is precisely why I would never say a thing.

Update: So I ran into the new neighbor and very generally said, " you may want to put a blind on the bathroom window. I noticed you guys walking around and just wanted to bring it to your attention." She said she had mentioned it to her husband during daylight hours and he told her that he could not see anything. Fast forward a few weeks later it happened again; she was getting out of the shower and drying off. I thought wow, they must not really care. Then the the cherry on the sundae happened, I saw the husband last night. I could see him in the sitting position, from the waist up with no shirt on.:faint::crazy2: WTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter