Would you rather? Pick between these 2 scenarios?

peteykirch

DIS Veteran
Would you rather;

Have a trip sooner, but have to do it on a bit more of a budget.

5 Nights, 6 Days at the Pop with Free Dining Upgraded to Deluxe Dining, 5 Day PH from November 12th-17th.

This would allow me to be there for the last day of Food & Wine, and partake in the Christmas Party.

OR

Put off the trip until January, and stay for the same length of time, but this time at a studio at Bay Lake Tower rented with points? Deluxe Dining, and the 5 Day PH.

The one thing that is turning me off on the POP! is just how far away it seems to be from everything. I'm used to either being on the Monorail Line, or smack in the middle of the EPCOT resorts and just hopping on the boat to the International Gateway or to DHS.

The price difference between these two scenarios would be about 500$.

Personally I would go with option number one... to have the two special events in there (MVMCP and F&W) would be a huge bonus for me...plus if you are doing more outside the resort your room really just becomes a place to sleep at night

Ive stayed at a monorail resort and POP and I really didnt find the transportation to be that big of an issue...actually I found my best experiences with transportation during my stay at POP. Another bonus is that they were (until AoA opened) the only value that didnt share busses with another resort so they were frequent and never full... perhaps someone who stayed there more recently could offer some insight?

Personally I would go with option number one... to have the two special events in there (MVMCP and F&W) would be a huge bonus for me...plus if you are doing more outside the resort your room really just becomes a place to sleep at night

Ive stayed at a monorail resort and POP and I really didnt find the transportation to be that big of an issue...actually I found my best experiences with transportation during my stay at POP. Another bonus is that they were (until AoA opened) the only value that didnt share busses with another resort so they were frequent and never full... perhaps someone who stayed there more recently could offer some insight?

The one thing that I'm on the fence with, is that I'm 24, and I can't even rent a car, and a lot of the ADRs I'd be making would be a hotel, near MK. It just seems like a pain to go there from the POP.

I'd go with option 1. The draw of F/W and MVMCP wins out for me.

Just take the resort bus from whichever park you are at for you ADRs. If they are for lunch or dinner it's no problem..a little trickier for breakfast but you can make it work!

Option 1--I think the weather would be better in November. In January it can get pretty cold, you never know what you may get. November is a beautiful time of year to go.

To dine at a hotel near the MK is no problem. Just jump on a bus to the MK and then take the monorail or a boat to where you are dining (if you are traveling from Pop). If you are coming from a park just jump on the bus that is returning to where you will be dining.

F&W and MVMCP are a plus as well.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Would you rather;

5 Nights, 6 Days at the Pop with Free Dining Upgraded to Deluxe Dining, 5 Day PH from November 12th-17th.

This would allow me to be there for the last day of Food & Wine, and partake in the Christmas Party.

OR

Put off the trip until January, and stay for the same length of time, but this time at a studio at Bay Lake Tower rented with points? Deluxe Dining, and the 5 Day PH.

The one thing that is turning me off on the POP! is just how far away it seems to be from everything. I'm used to either being on the Monorail Line, or smack in the middle of the EPCOT resorts and just hopping on the boat to the International Gateway or to DHS.

hmmm.. welll, have you been to F&W and MVMCP before? Recently? If it were me, my answer to both would be yes and I would pick BLT. While FL can be cold in January, it isn't as cold as CT and it's one of my favorite times to be at Disney.

Option 1--I think the weather would be better in November. In January it can get pretty cold, you never know what you may get. November is a beautiful time of year to go.

To dine at a hotel near the MK is no problem. Just jump on a bus to the MK and then take the monorail or a boat to where you are dining (if you are traveling from Pop). If you are coming from a park just jump on the bus that is returning to where you will be dining.

F&W and MVMCP are a plus as well.

Have fun whatever you decide!

I'm from the North East, so even in January, Florida weather is paradise compared to the blizzards that can be happening up here.

The only issue is the airfare, it's bout 100$ more to fly out in November versus January.

I did something very close to option 1 in 2010 (only thing different are the dated) and it was great!

Option 1. Having stayed at Pop and having dining reservations in various places it really wasn't bad at all. Also....great time of the year to go!

The one thing that I'm on the fence with, is that I'm 24, and I can't even rent a car, and a lot of the ADRs I'd be making would be a hotel, near MK. It just seems like a pain to go there from the POP.

Being a natural contrarian, I'd probably do the 2nd option. The Deluxe Dining seems like a biggie for you and you want to have the best access to your ADR's.

Just my opinion.

Is Pop your only choice? If you went with POR or POFQ you're very close to everything and would only have to pay for the upgrade to Deluxe, rather than the two step upgrade from Pop.

Have you ever gone during the Christmas events? If not then option 1 is what I would say go for, if so, then why not option 2, getting out of the cold weather for a week is always nice :), plus a nicer resort :):)

Im 25 and have done a lot of solo trips staying at values/mod not in the MK area (and I practically live in MK when im on my solo trips) and haven't found it to be that inconvenient ..if its ADR's near MK (at the GF/Poly/CR/WL) its a simple transfer onto the monorail or boat from when they drop you off at the gates at MK... but again it's totally what you feel comfortable doing... either way im sure it will be a fabulous trip!

Have you ever gone during the Christmas events? If not then option 1 is what I would say go for, if so, then why not option 2, getting out of the cold weather for a week is always nice :), plus a nicer resort :):)

I stayed at the WL quite a while ago during Christmas time and loved it.

I don't know, the killer right now seems to be airfare >_<

Is Pop your only choice? If you went with POR or POFQ you're very close to everything and would only have to pay for the upgrade to Deluxe, rather than the two step upgrade from Pop.

Hmm...

The POP! stay would be roughly 1200. POFQ would be 1500.

Would you say it's worth the 300$ increase?

Would you rather;

OR

I'd pick the January trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter