• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would You Pack Pool Toys? (Recommedations?)

MrsRyan

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if it's worth bringing pool toys for my DS4 and DD2. We're flying, checking 2 bags staying in a 1-bed SSR room. We have no plans to go to TL or BB so we'll only be using the hotel pool.

Would you pack toys for the pool? Any recommendations? Neither can really swim well and all I'm seeing are dive toys which wouldn't work for my kids. Part of me feels they'd be happy with two plastic cups that they'd use to pass water from one to another.

I'd stick with the cups, or maybe toy watering cans or little squirter toys. Those were my kids' favorites at those ages. Honestly, pool toys are just one more thing to pack and keep track of once you're there. If you're in the pool with the kids, they really don't need toys.

My DD thinks she is a fish and has been forever it seems. We pack goggles and a couple of dive sticks and that's it. Agree that at your kids age, cups will be fine. Also if you are staying on site, they have life jackets the kiddos can wear.

One other suggestion is to go on amazon.com and order http://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-5-...d=1429131895&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+beach+balls

My kids love these things. Thy are easy to inflate and deflate cause they are little and they take up no room in the luggage. I usually bring extra and let other kids play with them, they are so cheap I've give away a few at times as well when we were leaving the pool and another kid was still playing with one. They have some cheaper ones than these and some with smiley faces and such, just go on amazon and type in mini beach ball if you want to shop around

i always pack a blow up innertube from the dollar store for my DD.. I just buy a brand new one and then leave it there.. she usually doesn't use it but the other kids staying at the hotel always do so it does get used. They will most likely be fine.. pools are fun no matter what..

I have had 1-2 inflatable beach balls from the dollar store in my swim bag for years. Takes no space and can be blown up in a few seconds. I also had some cute dive sticks but my kids rarely play with them.

My son loves the pool, and he has never needed any toys. The water slides and splash areas and zero entry area are more than enough to keep him busy. I wouldn't bother bringing any, although a beach ball does sound like fun.

We've tried using beach balls and small inner tubes and were always told we couldn't use anything but pool noodles. IS there a policy or is it just up to the lifeguards on duty?

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I feel like I hate a 'duh!' moment when I saw the suggestion for the blow up balls. I'm wondering about the policy too now? I'll see what I can find online.

I didn't pack any pool toys last time and DS (3) and DN (6) basically reemed me out on our resort day, lol. DN swims and likes the little dive toys, DS did not but likes any kind of small toys that can go in the water. I ended up sending DH to the room for our plastic dinos. I would get whatever small toys they have at the dollar store. And don't discount the plastic cups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter