Would you open the blue envelope?

What would you do with the blue envelope?

• I'd look in the Envelope

• I'd throw the envelope away without looking at it's contents

• Other - because there's always an other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scrappy_Tink

DIS Veteran
My sister, who is afraid of flying, sent me an email saying what to do with the contents of their safe if "they didn't make it home" She was telling me to split the jewelry between the boys, where to put their ashes, this and that, and don't look in the blue envelope, just throw it away...

Excuse me? Really? The good sister I am, I responded that she better make it home okay, or I was opening the blue envelope!!

My question is this.....if this was your sibling and she entrusted you to the contents of their safe, would YOU open the blue envelope, or simply throw it away without a single thought?

I retrospect, I think I'd follow my sisters wishes....what if there's something in there that would hurt my memory of her......but it would kill me not knowing what's in the BLUE FRIGGING ENVELOPE!!!

Tell me what you'd do!!

I think if I were your sister, I'd destroy the blue envelope. If she trusts you with everything but the blue envelope, there is clearly something in there that would embarrass her. I'd shred it.

BTW - I would definitely OPEN the envelope.

lol, omg..... I dont know!!! I think it would kill me to NOT open it! I honestly, cant say that I definatly wouldnt open it.

I think if I were your sister, I'd destroy the blue envelope. If she trusts you with everything but the blue envelope, there is clearly something in there that would embarrass her. I'd shred it.

BTW - I would definitely OPEN the envelope.

She probably has by now, I've teased her so much about it with my guesses!! :rotfl: I'm with you...if I thought my death was imminent and didn't want anyone to look in the blue envelope, then the envelope wouldn't be there!!

Have to be honest; I'd open the blue envelope. She would never find out. lol!

My first thought was the envelope is meant for her DH in the case she passes before him and that is why she told you not to read it. But in that case she should just tell you. That's not a big deal.

ETA: I would totally open it!

Are you prepared for the polaroids your sister & her husband took of themselves - and possibly others? :scared1:

Are you prepared for the polaroids your sister & her husband took of themselves - and possibly others? :scared1:

:rotfl2: Yeah, that was one of the things i teased her about. For all I know, she got the envelope from somebody else that said "don't look in the envelope" and stuck it in her safe. My luck, it'll end up in MY safe, because I don't want to destroy it without looking, but can't make myself look!! :rotfl2: I can just see myself in 20 years, telling my sons to "not look in the blue envelope".

:rotfl2: Yeah, that was one of the things i teased her about. For all I know, she got the envelope from somebody else that said "don't look in the envelope" and stuck it in her safe. My luck, it'll end up in MY safe, because I don't want to destroy it without looking, but can't make myself look!! :rotfl2: I can just see myself in 20 years, telling my sons to "not look in the blue envelope".

200 years from now, someone's going to open that envelope & wonder, "Who are these people????" :lmao:

This is the last thing your sister will ever ask you to do.

I would think you would want to honor her wishes.

Never, ever trust me with anything that makes me curious. Let's just say I'm lucky I'm not a cat.

To heck with "if something happens to her", I'd probably steam that baby open while she's on vacation, then glue it back so she'd never know. :lmao:

This is the last thing your sister will ever ask you to do.

I would think you would want to honor her wishes.

Yeah, I know......but it would just kill me not knowing!!! :rotfl: she knows I'm one of the noisiest people of them all (which is actually a good thing if you work in law enforcement :rotfl: ). How could she do this to me?!! Hopefully that envelope is long-gone now!!!

Never, ever trust me with anything that makes me curious. Let's just say I'm lucky I'm not a cat.

To heck with "if something happens to her", I'd probably steam that baby open while she's on vacation, then glue it back so she'd never know. :lmao:

:rotfl2:

I'm with you!

200 years from now, someone's going to open that envelope & wonder, "Who are these people????" :lmao:

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :thumbsup2. Luckily temptation was out of the way, she lives in NH, and I live in CO!! me: "but, but, you only told me to not open it if you died!!! You're alive, so I figured it was ok!!"

Yeah, I know......but it would just kill me not knowing!!! :rotfl: she knows I'm one of the noisiest people of them all (which is actually a good thing if you work in law enforcement :rotfl: ). How could she do this to me?!! Hopefully that envelope is long-gone now!!!

Now I'm thinking there is no blue envelope. She was serious about the other stuff and wanted to mess with you a little so she made up the blue envelope. :scratchin

Now I'm thinking there is no blue envelope. She was serious about the other stuff and wanted to mess with you a little so she made up the blue envelope. :scratchin

That could very well be!! :rotfl: knowing her,she would have a blue envelope, and all that would be in it would be a "caught you looking" note!! :rotfl:

Do you watch How I Met Your Mother? There was an episode where they did some like that. :rotfl:

I used to watch it, but I got tired of waiting to find out who the mother is!!! :rotfl: I don't think I saw that episode you're talking about.....but maybe my sister did!!!!

My sister, who is afraid of flying, sent me an email saying what to do with the contents of their safe if "they didn't make it home" She was telling me to split the jewelry between the boys, where to put their ashes, this and that, and don't look in the blue envelope, just throw it away...

Excuse me? Really? The good sister I am, I responded that she better make it home okay, or I was opening the blue envelope!!

My question is this.....if this was your sibling and she entrusted you to the contents of their safe, would YOU open the blue envelope, or simply throw it away without a single thought?

I retrospect, I think I'd follow my sisters wishes....what if there's something in there that would hurt my memory of her......but it would kill me not knowing what's in the BLUE FRIGGING ENVELOPE!!!

Tell me what you'd do!!

This has got MY curiosity going! Now I want to know what's in this blue envelope! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter