Would you move to FL for Disney?

AND why did my thread get moved into a section that is all about playing word games? I didn't title this thread "WDW - To Move or NOT to Move" Come ON mods, give me a break.

I would love to, but not just for disney, for the warmer weather. I live too far north :) But our life is here (family, friends, work), so not sure it would be worth it in the long run.

Great thread!!! Even though I am a couple months late with finding it. ;)

I too was thinking about moving our family to FL from NJ. What's stopping us is that we have good jobs here. Not sure if we'd find something down there. Also, we have family here like my mom and dad whom I am close with, and the kids are very close with too and my mom helps tremendously. Then there is DH's mom who watches my DD 2x a week which is a blessing too-- but FL weather is so much better. I like the "change of seasons" here in NJ but not so much the brutal winter months. I could def. do without the snow and the super cold weather us in NJ tend to get. I think for the time being, we are just going to have to stay in NJ and take a couple trips a year to Disney. I should have bought the Annual Pass when I had the chance, BUT we'll wait for now and just do base tickets as that is cheaper.

Also, NJ gets hit with hurricanes and there is devastation to homes, bad flooding, etc. My home doesn't get it, but the other part of my town does. It's terrible!!

YES YES YES IN A HEARTBEAT YES. I have been begging my husband to move to Florida. I thought all of the dvc contracts we have purchased would persuade him but he tells me to just buy the contracts I want and go there. he wont go because of the weather. I don't care. I would rather rough the weather and be able to go to Disney every day.

I would not pick up and move to any state for a theme park...regardless of weather conditions. :)

AND why did my thread get moved into a section that is all about playing word games? I didn't title this thread "WDW - To Move or NOT to Move" Come ON mods, give me a break.

It was moved because the thread has nothing to do with theme park planning and strategies. It is more of a "fun" thread, so they moved it to the Theme Park Community board. ;)

Moved down from Chicago going on 6yrs now.
Pro's for me
Weather obviously and imo the humidity is rough from June thru September and while the cold states frown at Labor day we are happy as a bit cooler weather approaches and the have Food and Wine fest kicking off at the end of September.

State income tax as in there is NONE.
Wear shorts 350 days a year
I run my furnace maybe 3-4 times a year if that
Get to play Tennis year round
No black ice
World class Beach's within a short drive
Last minute cruise deal pops up I am within 3hrs drive of 5ports

Just to update, I still have plans to move down in the future. Once the kids are out of school, my wife and I will be moving closer to WDW. Most probably to FL.

And to the poster which mentioned why to thread had to be moved, this had to to do with visiting the parks on a regular basis... so totally has to do with planning to visit the parks regularly.

Just to update, I still have plans to move down in the future. Once the kids are out of school, my wife and I will be moving closer to WDW. Most probably to FL.

And to the poster which mentioned why to thread had to be moved, this had to to do with visiting the parks on a regular basis... so totally has to do with planning to visit the parks regularly.

I'm from NJ too. Do you drive or fly down when you go? And do you go multiple times a year? I really enjoy the beautiful weather that FL has. I understand it has humidity but we are used to that in NJ all summer long and it's tolerable for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter