Via Napoli Dinner

Crystal Palace Breakfast

1900 Park Fare Dinner

Cinderella’s Royal Table Dinner

Tokyo Dining Dinner

Be Our Guest Breakfast

Be Our Guest Dinner

Chef Mickey’s

It should be noted that some were cancelled due to timing and exhaustion.
Cancelled reservations:
Chef Mickey's
Be Our Guest Breakfast
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Sanaa Lunch

We also added on Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast and ate at Gasparilla's Island Grill several times (or Grizzles as DH put it).

I don't have all that many photos as my DH thought it silly to take pictures of food. But what I have I will post. I have to say that the food we had was amazing, I really don't have any complaints in general about the food. That being said, it was a lot of food to eat, we were full to the brim.

I will post when I can. See ya real soon!

I hear you with not being able to keep all the reservations, it gets a little rough out there :tongue:

I made a mistake in planning fireworks in park the night before our 7:45am res at Cape May Cafe. What was I thinking with two 5 year olds and a husband who is like molasses in the morning?

Review #1 Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner

We had reservations for 6:40pm for 6 people. We waited about 15 minutes before being seated. We took in the hidden characters on the floor while waiting. We were seated towards the back of the restaurant facing out towards the property. My MIL and SIL both ordered the shrimp and grits and said it was delicious. They also ordered chardonnay. I ordered a Godiva Chocolate Martini which was fabulous and DH ordered Patron Anejo neat. DH and I both ordered the Orecchiette Pasta which was creamy and peppery and the pasta cooked perfectly. It really hit the spot that night. Kids ordered the cheese pizza with grapes and carrots and the Meaty Macaroni. They both liked their orders. This was definitely a great pick, and it was nice to have dinner at the hotel so we didn't have to travel anymore that day. We also got to enjoy the huge thunderstorm outside while eating. Dinner and a show! I would definitely eat here again.

gf cafe menu.jpg gf cafe.jpg gf cafe character.jpg pasta.jpggf pizza.jpg gf mac.jpg

Hi! Following along. Can't wait to read more. I've heard great things about the orechiette pasta at Grand Floridian Cafe.. looks yummy!!

Hi! Following along. Can't wait to read more. I've heard great things about the orechiette pasta at Grand Floridian Cafe.. looks yummy!!
It was so good. My husbands bowl didn't have a spot on it. It was so filling too but I just couldn't stop eating it.

I am a huge fan of the GF Cafe, it's a overlooked gem for sure.

Last edited:
Review #2 Ohana's for dinner
Our reservation was at 6:35pm for 6 people. We checked in and were given a buzzer. We looked around at the shops on the same floor while waiting. The buzzer went off and we were seated close to the lobby and where they make the meats, which I was fine with because its less loud than the other side near the windows. We were started with drinks and some pineapple bread which we all enjoyed. I ordered the agave nectar margharita and DH ordered Patron Silver. After the bread, a train of food came through. We had the salad and potstickers and wings first. I absolutely loved the potstickers with the two sauces that came with it (peanut and ginger I think). DH really liked the wings and so did the kids. Then they brought the noodles and vegetables. According to my SIL the noodles were different, thinner. But everybody still really liked them and the kids had fun eating them like Lady and the Tramp. I kept going back for some more potstickers. The kids and I took a break and went over to the musician who was announcing birthdays. He taught us how to sing Happy Birthday in the hawaiian language and gave the kids leis. We came back and the waitress started in on the meats: chicken, steak, and shrimp. The steak was tough but the chicken and shrimp were great. The kids really liked the chicken and I think my SIL ate like 50 shrimp. I stopped eating cause I knew I would want the dessert which was Pineapple Bread Pudding, and OMG was it good. If I had more room and could take another bite without throwing up, I would've finished the plate. The kids also received birthday cupcakes! This was a wonderful night and I would definitely do this again.
ohana collin.jpg ohana table.jpg ohana r+z.jpg

I with your SIL, I could eat 50 of those delicious shrimp for sure. Their steak is a hit or a miss. We don't always dine at Ohana every trip but do love it every couple of years.

Review #3 Via Napoli Dinner

We had a 6:20pm reservation. We checked in and were asked to wait. DH went off for a restroom. The kids and I stayed in the foyer and took pictures. The chandelier in that area is really pretty. We were seated off to a side building which was fine with me, less crowded and loud. Our waitress was named Denise and was helpful with ordering while using the DDP. DH ordered the Capriciosa pizza (individual), I had the Carciofi pizza (individual) so we could share from each others. The kids both got the plain mozzerella from the kids menu which came with an appetizer fruit cup and the meal was followed by ice cream. The pizza IMHO was the best I've had and if you know the CT shoreline you know every town has like 5 pizza joints in it so..... The crust was soft on top and crunchy on the bottom with an amazing flavor. Both DH and I agreed that the Carciofi pizzza was the better of the two. Even the kids liked ours, and they're pretty picky. In fact, my DD was picking the ham off of DH's pizza and putting it on hers! The atmosphere was bright and light. DH and I ordered the grappa which was fabulous. I would definitely come here again. epcot zoey pizza.jpgvia napoli chandelier.jpg via napli pizza.jpg

Great reviews! I ate lunch at GFC for the first time this past trip and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I would definitely like to eat dinner there on my next trip.

The Shrimp and Grits at Grand Floridian Cafe is my absolute favorite!! Always get a Mai Tai to drink and the dessert sampler too! We love the pizza at Via Napoli too! We are originally from New England but live in Fl now and miss good pizza! The pizza at Via Napoli was the best we have had since we moved down here!

I'd be in trouble if I lived near Via Napoli, lol.

The Shrimp and Grits at Grand Floridian Cafe is my absolute favorite!! Always get a Mai Tai to drink and the dessert sampler too! We love the pizza at Via Napoli too! We are originally from New England but live in Fl now and miss good pizza! The pizza at Via Napoli was the best we have had since we moved down here!

Great reviews! I ate lunch at GFC for the first time this past trip and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I would definitely like to eat dinner there on my next trip.
I had a breakfast there too on this trip which was delish but that pasta dish couldn't be beat and I'm not even a real fan of pasta in general. They also have a good selection of hard liquor. Glad they had my Dh's patron anejo, helped hit the spot after a tedious DME ride earlier that day.

Review #4 Crystal Palace Breakfast

Our reservation was at 8:10am, a pre park opening breakfast. The only problem was the maintenance on the monorail plus non existent buses. So it was off to the boat dock for us. Another problem.... the boats weren't spread out, were right on top and we had to get on the second so when we got to the Poly we literally sat in the water waiting then had to do it again at MK. I took the kids while DH and SIL took the bags through bag check, and I high tailed it to the restaurant. We were 15 minutes late but still had to wait a bit with a buzzer. We were seated and it looked like we had quite a wait before any characters so we all helped ourselves to the first plate. I thought the best item was the cheesy potatoes and the Pooh Puffed French Toast. The characters started to show up so I didn't go back to get more because I didn't want to miss out on pictures. I'm glad I stayed put as I had a Gaston's Tavern Cinnamon Roll later on. The kids had a wonderful time with the characters, tickling Eeyore's belly and jumping with Tigger, and watching how they sign a hat was pretty cute. They also received a birthday cupcake and card. I thought the food was okay and atmosphere loud and a bit rushed. I didn't like how difficult it was to get here at the time of our reservation. It was something to try but I wouldn't stress about getting a reservation there next time...

cp piglet.jpgcp eeyore sign.jpg cp cupcake.jpg

Thanks so much for posting these reviews! We leave in a few weeks and still haven't settled on meals for later in the trip. Like you - and many others, I suspect - in previous years we overbooked TS meals and then had to cancel (though back then, there wasn't a charge for canceling). The Grand Floridian Cafe was on my list of possible places to try as a walk-in - hearing about your great experience puts it higher on our list (especially if we are at MK when it closes at 7 pm).

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your dining experiences.

GF after Magic Kingdom is a wonderful idea. Instead of taking the express monorail with a pack of people. Hop on the boat, it's one stop to GF. Sounds like you might be there on a MNSSHP night? If so I would do the GF at 7pmish, take in lobby or lounge or shops in the main building after dinner and then sit at the marina dock for the halloween fireworks, its a wonderful view.

GF after Magic Kingdom is a wonderful idea. Instead of taking the express monorail with a pack of people. Hop on the boat, it's one stop to GF. Sounds like you might be there on a MNSSHP night? If so I would do the GF at 7pmish, take in lobby or lounge or shops in the main building after dinner and then sit at the marina dock for the halloween fireworks, its a wonderful view.

We are going to avoid F&W at Epcot on the weekend, so a few of our visits to MK will be on the nights they have the Halloween party. Great suggestion to have dinner and then wait for the fireworks - thank you! I had forgotten about the boat option back to GF - it's been many years since we stayed at GF (or the Poly - we always did MK resorts when our boys were younger, but switched to the EPCOT resorts when they were teens). Dinner and then fireworks sounds like a very relaxing way to end our day. The trick will be figuring how to get back to the Boardwalk Inn in a reasonable amount of time - but we can either drive to MK (we're renting a car) or just grab a cab from the GF!

Review #5 1900 Park Fare Dinner

We had a 6:45pm reservation for our whole party of 6. We took memory maker photos out front and then were seated in the first area you come to as you enter which is nice, cause its not too close to the buffet and in good view of the door that the characters come through. We stayed in our seats to meet Drizella and Anastasia first. They were up to their usual snooty selves. We then went up to get our food from the buffet. Collin chose from the taco station and Zoey chose hot dogs and corn. The rest of us took a little bit of everything. I found some of the food to be dry. I did enjoy the salad and pastas and the pumpkin ravioli. The strawberry soup was good but I couldn't eat much as that was the last item i got and I was getting on very full. The little chocolate mousse dessert and mini carrot cake was delish. The kids while we ate also met Prince Charming, Cinderella (not the most interactive one), and Lady Tremaine (intimidated me, lol). The stepsisters came back around a second time before we left and Anastasia gave Collin a kiss on the cheek, and Collin took a dare from DH and poked Drizellas butt while she was visiting with the table behind us. Overall a nice evening, but I wouldn't rush back.

anastasia and collin.jpg park fare food.jpg park fare.jpgpark fare prince.jpg park fare butt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter