would you go without DH and the kids?

I would not expect my dh to take vacation to stay home with the kids so I could go on vacation. If he's taking vacation, why can't he and the kids come too? Doesn't your grandma want to see the kids as well?

I'm not married yet (very soon though) and I've already talked about going without my husband - mostly because I really want to spend my b-day (December 23) there at least one year of my life .......My future husband wouldn't go then because he wants to spend Christmas at home.

lovethattink said:
I would not expect my dh to take vacation to stay home with the kids so I could go on vacation. If he's taking vacation, why can't he and the kids come too? Doesn't your grandma want to see the kids as well?

yeah but she wanted to spend some alone time with me

she hasnt since i had my 1st child 6 years ago and shes getting older

my dh doesnt wanna oay for airline tickets for everone to go down there
and doesnt want them to have to pay for everyone

Would it be OK if your husband took a vacation trip somewhere and left you home with the kids? How would you handle that? If it is ok for you to go then when he asks if he can go somewhere you have to agree.

Personally I wouldn't do it. But that is me.

safetymom said:
Would it be OK if your husband took a vacation trip somewhere and left you home with the kids? How would you handle that? If it is ok for you to go then when he asks if he can go somewhere you have to agree.

Personally I wouldn't do it. But that is me.

yeah i mean he goes away here adn there
foxwoods last weekend

also not last year but the year beofre that for a couiple of years he went to buffalo for a couple of days so that he could see the pats play the bills with people from work

I went solo last year and this year. DH took off (he's self-emloyed, though) to keep the kids. Lord knows, I needed the break! 3 years ago, I couldn't have pulled it off without major stress, though. My DH is very 'mid-century' and we had to work on his issues first! :rotfl2: He reminds me of the guy on Pleasantville who comes into an empty house asking, "Where's my dinner?" over and over again! We have come to the point where he knows better than to try to control me (which it sounds like a control issue to me) and he is slowly learning that I need a break from the kids (I homeschool and they are both special needs) and my breaks have to be BIG ones! It will have to be a meeting of the minds, though, or I predict a rocky period. I'd spell out my needs (and my grandma's) in a matter of fact way and just tell him he needs to figure out a way to be OK with it. I think a lot of men panic at the thought of being responsible for child care with the back up of Mom. I started going out to scrapbooking crops and women's things little by little to get him prepared for longer stints without me. Good luck!

I would do it. I stay home with my kids 24 hours a day. My husband works all the time and in fact right now he's gone for an entire month (military). I would kill to have some "me" time and my husband should have to experience watching the kids for more than 2 hours at a time for once. :earboy2:

I've actually been contemplating asking him to let me fly down to Disney by myself for a few days in the Spring or something.

I would, and I have. As a matter of fact, my first solo trip was a gift from the rest of the family-"Mom's weekend." It was a surprise they gave me in my Easter basket, all the info, reservations, etc. On my last trip I met another solo whose DH was OK with it, but her DMIL wasn't, so she and DH had to lie to DMIL, and make sure not to tell her where she was. We both thought that was funny! But it was really a kindness not to make DMIL worry-she was sure that anyone who did that must be having marrital problems. Heck, DH goes on golfing trips without me, so me going to WDW alone is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter