• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Would you give up Christmas Presents for Disney Trip...

rrali33tt

Mouseketeer
I have been finishing up my Christmas shopping this week. I do not have any children but spent a few hundred on my now fiancee every year ( I think I spent like $350 this year).

I know my fiancee did not buy my gifts yet. I am starting to think instead of buying all those presents (none he or I really needs) we should have spent the money on transportation to Disney!

We have free AP's because we are getting married there in August so no need to buy park tickets. At my new job I get off the entire week between Christmas and New YEars. Because of the wedding I will not have any vacation time until the wedding/honeymoon.

Here is the crazy part....we were JUST there in September. We have a wedding there in August (so short 4 day trip) Then our honeymoon is an Adventures by Disney in Sept. I really shouldn't be thinking of spending MORE money on ANOTHER disney trip..but I can't stop thinking about it! I suppose it doesnt help that I read the disboards all day long :rotfl2:

I know at the end of the day, a trip to Disney will cost more than the $700 in forefeited gifts once you add hotel and food on top of flight but I want to go so bad!

I have been finishing up my Christmas shopping this week. I do not have any children but spent a few hundred on my now fiancee every year ( I think I spent like $350 this year).

I know my fiancee did not buy my gifts yet. I am starting to think instead of buying all those presents (none he or I really needs) we should have spent the money on transportation to Disney!

We have free AP's because we are getting married there in August so no need to buy park tickets. At my new job I get off the entire week between Christmas and New YEars. Because of the wedding I will not have any vacation time until the wedding/honeymoon.

Here is the crazy part....we were JUST there in September. We have a wedding there in August (so short 4 day trip) Then our honeymoon is an Adventures by Disney in Sept. I really shouldn't be thinking of spending MORE money on ANOTHER disney trip..but I can't stop thinking about it! I suppose it doesnt help that I read the disboards all day long :rotfl2:

I know at the end of the day, a trip to Disney will cost more than the $700 in forefeited gifts once you add hotel and food on top of flight but I want to go so bad!

I would do it in a heartbeat !!!

It is just DH and I and we stopped doing "gifts" several years ago. Now for every holiday, birthday, anniversary, etc. we get each other Disney gift cards. We don't need anything and this has worked out great. We save up and our gift is our trips and anything we want to buy while down there.

We will be at Disney from Dec 25 to Dec 31 this year. All the money we would have spent on gifts we are making a Disney run. We are also Annual pass holders too. We are going to be at the Disney cabins so therefore we will be saving money on our food by having the use of a full size kitchen. :banana:

This is our 6th year for Christmas in Disney. The last 4 with no presents. Keep in mind the boys are now 13, 19 and 22. The 22 yo just got home from work and bounced like Tiger into the room saying, "It's so close now!" He has already done the Disney College Program and will be there next year for an internship then hopefully full time.

My dad is sending my mom (for her Christmas present) and me (for my Christmas and next Birthday) down this Wednesday! They just recently decided to do that--my countdown started at 19 ;)
My sisters Christmas and Birthday presents went towards their Princess 1/2 Marathon last year and again this year :)

Yes and we did! My husband and I are not getting each other gifts this year. Our trip (in 5 days!) is our gift to each other. I had a harder time with the kids. As wonderful as a trip is, I still wanted to have something for them to open Christmas morning, which is two days after we get back. So they are still getting stockings and I spent about a third of what I normally would. Just a few things to make Christmas morning fun, but we didn't get a lot.
We'll see how it all turns out:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter