Would this be impossible?

Zacksmom

Earning My Ears
Am I insane to think I can see a 9pm Wishes and then make it to a 9:15 BOG dinner reservation? I just snagged the BOG dinner reservation which I have been trying to get for months on our last night which would be perfect way to end our trip. I thought we could sprint to BOG but my husband said I am not being realistic. Thoughts?

Since Wishes is about an 18 - 20 minute show, and then there are crowds to get through to make your way back to BOG, I'm going to say that you are not going to get there at 9:15, and you certainly aren't going to be able to check in 20 minutes prior to your ADR time like they tell you to. My best guess is that it will be at least 9:25 when you get there if you watch Wishes from the hub area.

Can you not watch wishes from a location closer to BOG? I know parts of Fastasyland is closed during the fireworks.

Watching from Fantasyland isn't great to me. You've got fireworks on both sides of you and it's not nearly the 'show' that straight on is. I bet BoG gives some grace showing up 10 min late.

Most restaurants give you a 15 minute grace period. It might not be the most polite thing to do (by planning on being late) but I would totally do it to get to see wishes! Just watch them from closer to the fantasyland side of the hub (instead of like dead center) and you'll make it by like 9:25-9:30 and they'll seat you.

I prefer them from the back of teh castle, especially if it's a still or humid night. I hate watching fireworks through smoke and being in the back your between them. and I like to be in the fireworks, you can't do that anywhere else but disney.

Shouldn't admit this, but we have relied on a combination of the 15 minute grace period and the fact that most of the time the ressies run late to make things fit.

I'd watch the fireworks from FantasyLand. It's pretty cool... like being IN the show! No way would I count on being able to make it from the front of the Castle to BOG, even relying on the grace period (and hoping they allow it). You are going to be like a fish swimming upstream, going against the hoards of people trying to exit MK. I'd be nervous all evening just thinking about this and hoping to make it to BOG on time!

You will get there late, no way around it, unless you watch the fireworks from the back side of the castle. And no matter what our prior experiences, no one here can guarantee they will seat you late. They may. They may seat you after a long wait. They may tell you you missed your slot, charge you the per person no show fee, and send you on your way.

Depending on where you are trying to watch the fireworks you could easily be 30 minutes late.

Since Wishes is about an 18 - 20 minute show,

WISHES is 12 minutes long and I also think that watching it from Fantasyland gives a great viewing experience.

Standing near the entrance to Storytime with Belle puts most of the fireworks going off above the Beast's castle and when the big ones go off, wow, you are close to the action.

When it's over, you're right there to enter BOG.

Am I insane to think I can see a 9pm Wishes and then make it to a 9:15 BOG dinner reservation? I just snagged the BOG dinner reservation which I have been trying to get for months on our last night which would be perfect way to end our trip. I thought we could sprint to BOG but my husband said I am not being realistic. Thoughts?

Sprint?? That's a good one!!
The answer?? NO!

Unless you are standing right outside - then no 'sprinting' required - might only see a portion of it though!

WISHES is 12 minutes long and I also think that watching it from Fantasyland gives a great viewing experience.

Standing near the entrance to Storytime with Belle puts most of the fireworks going off above the Beast's castle and when the big ones go off, wow, you are close to the action.

When it's over, you're right there to enter BOG.

I've never timed the show, but took my information from the DisneyParks moms panel
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...magic-kingdom-november-need-know-safe-133245/

Though, I've also seen numbers from 12 to 25. After looking at a video, I can see that it is indeed around 12 minutes long, so assuming that it starts right at 9, it should be over by 9:12. That makes for a whole different answer. Thanks PanamaMike for pointing that out!

I agree with those who like to watch the fireworks from the back of the castle. However, that won't shorten the show. You may end up missing the end, but some is better than none. With any luck, BOG is running a bit behind and you'll see the whole thing. pixiedust:

Watching from Fantasyland isn't great to me. You've got fireworks on both sides of you and it's not nearly the 'show' that straight on is. I bet BoG gives some grace showing up 10 min late.

Ooh I like watching it from there more. It's so neat to be, as others are saying, inside of it.

First time we (me and my friend) accidentally did this while in line for dinner on that bridge. Was an unexpected joy. Now I try for it like just before Moonlight Magic with my cousin.

I actually don't care much for wishes straight on, but from right near the BOG checkin area it's very nice.

I watch Wishes from right in front of BoG last week. Happened to be at that area after a late 7DMT FP and walk on Dumbo. It was a great view of the high fireworks that are set off near BOG. They were going off right above BOG castle. The low fireworks are set off nearer the main castle and the effect of being over castle with the low fireworks in front is gone. However I found the view great and there was lots of room.

If this is your only time to see Wishes, maybe I would look for another spot in front, but if the reservation is more important, I would park outside BOG and watch first. Maybe BOG dims the lights and lets patrons watch like Cali Grill and the place slows down a bit too.

You'll be fine. If you're a few minutes late, NBD. I agree about watching them from the back - love that view!

Keep watching for reservations. I think a lot of people will be cancelling those reservations that are after wishes and you will be able to grab one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter