• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would love to see a vegetarian top 5 list

My daughter is a vegetarian and was down there over Christmas. She said she got a vegetarian chili that was wonderful. Not sure where she got it at but it was counter service.

Sanaa has a number of vegetarian options and their bread service is wonderful

Best vegetarian thing I have had is the vegetable skewer at Bengal BBQ in Disneyland

I'm a veggie and don't have too much trouble grabbing food at WDW. In fact most of the TS places have at least one option as a starter and entree.

But as to specifics:

TS
--
Sanaa - Absolutely love this place. Great veggie options and the bread service is terrific.
Tokyo Dining - Most people associate sushi with fish but they do a great selection that is totally vegetarian (and maybe even vegan) friendly.
Boma Breakfast - It's a buffet but great for breakfast for veggies. If you like spicy I can recommend the Chakalaka.
Restaurant Marakesh - A good selection for veggies and the chef when we were there was very attentive to special food needs.
The Plaza - Is under rated but does a good selection of American fare.

And a honorable mention to:

V&As - If you really want to go up market you cant beat them. As your menu is designed just for you, you can't help but get amazing food. The only reason it's not in the top 5 is due to the cost but if you are a foodie it's a must.

CS
--
The options are a little smaller here, usually with only one or two veggie options.

Tortouga Tavern - Opposite PotC, it was open seasonally when we were last there but when open they do a great veggie chilli.
Rosies - Almost a kiosk but a great burger for on the run. It's our usual lunch stop when in MGM *cough* I mean DHS.
Earl of Sandwich - At Disney springs rather than a park or resort but they do make fine sandwiches. Then if you fancy something sweet you can pop to Ghirardelli. :)
Restaurantasaurous - It's good ol' veggie burgers again but you can't beat a fixin's bar! ;)
Sunshine Seasons - With all the different stations you're bound to find something here.

Honorable mention:
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - We've had veggie burgers, veggie wraps, and veggie chilli here (from different menus, I don't think they do all three at the same time) and who doesn't like being serenaded by Sunny Eclipse while eating? ;)

But they are my favourites, I'd love to see a video done by the guys covering this (I could even help if they wait till Feb ;) )

Disney no longer serves veggie burgers at their counter service restaurants :(. We found that out last December. They were my go-to meal for my vegetarian DD and we were at a loss. The Fried Green Tomato sandwich at Rosie's was NOT a good substitute. I ended up having to run to Min and Bill's for a veggie sushi roll but according to All Ears that has also been removed and no veggie option is offered there again other than kids nachos.

My DH and I are meat eaters, so we rarely eat vegetarian meals at TS restaurants. My DD is perfectly happy with pasta in those situations. My favorite vegetarian CS meal is the Grilled Vegetable Stack at Harambe Market. So good!

Disney no longer serves veggie burgers at their counter service restaurants :(. We found that out last December. They were my go-to meal for my vegetarian DD and we were at a loss. The Fried Green Tomato sandwich at Rosie's was NOT a good substitute. I ended up having to run to Min and Bill's for a veggie sushi roll but according to All Ears that has also been removed and no veggie option is offered there again other than kids nachos.

My DH and I are meat eaters, so we rarely eat vegetarian meals at TS restaurants. My DD is perfectly happy with pasta in those situations. My favorite vegetarian CS meal is the Grilled Vegetable Stack at Harambe Market. So good!
Liking as much for your signature as for anything else. ;)

That's unfortunate. I just checked the menu for Rosies and yup, fried green tomato sandwich. i'd be willing to give it a try but it comes with a sauce that has jalapenos in it and my partner doesn't do spicy.

Why do people think that the only way to make veggie food taste nice is to make it spicy... :(

Sunshine Seasons is good but it used to be better. The Asian station used to serve tofu but they don't anymore.

As noted, the veggie burger is gone from Cosmic Ray's, which was one of our go-to places. All 3 of us would get burgers there. I'm not sure where we will eat in MK now.

The same goes for Rosie's at DHS. We probably won't dine in the park anymore as a result of that. We'll just leave when it's time to eat.

The veggie burger at Restaurantosaurus was a very spicy black bean burger. I was okay with it but DD and DW were not. We probably won't eat in-park there anymore either.

It really sucks that they can't keep basic veggie items on the menu. It's not that difficult.

It really sucks that they can't keep basic veggie items on the menu. It's not that difficult.
I'm sure it had to do with $$$ and agreements with Gardenburger that didn't go Disney's way like the cream cheese filled pretzels. I still haven't told my DD that those are now gone too.

I'm sure it had to do with $$$ and agreements with Gardenburger that didn't go Disney's way
So get a different brand - or make your own. They must sell tens of thousands of them each year. There must be a company out there that would want that account.

No more veggie burger at Cosmic Ray's?!?!?!? Oh no! That was one of my main places to eat in MK.

Not mentioned here is Columbia Harbour House, which has (or had?) vegetarian chili as well as the Lighthouse Sandwich, which is also vegetarian (and vegan, if you get it without the slaw).

ETA: I just looked on the Vegan Disney World site. Apparently Cosmic Ray's now serves a falafel burger, which is vegetarian, although perhaps not vegan.

ETA: CHH (in MK) does still have the Lighthouse Sandwich as well as the Vegetarian Chili. It also has steamed broccoli and a broccoli salad that you can get without the chicken, to make it vegetarian, and without the cheese and chicken, to make it vegan.

Additionally, outside CHH is a food stand that usually has baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes.

Last edited:
PPs have mentioned some great spots. I'm not vegetarian but often order the following for taste alone:
Sanaa: the bread service is incredible. 2 people could def share the full bread service for lunch. For one, it is a big, filling lunch.
Columbia Harbour House is a great choice in MK.
The Plaza: I heard they recently dropped their veggie sammy (it was incredible & I enjoyed a few times). Hopefully, I'm wrong or they brought it back?

I think the podcast hasn't done it because none of them are vegetarian. WDW's twitter just did a meatless Monday tweet that had some of their favorites. This Monday was focused on AK and they had a ton of good options that looked tasty especially the Mediterranean Flatbread at Pizzafari there is also the Roasted Vegetable Couscous Wrap at the Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe (their quick-service next to the restaurant).

I bet this would be a great article for a vegetarian to write and submit to the Dis and see if they publish it. Would probably be better coming from a vegetarian then a meat eater just trying the vegetarian options.

I think the podcast hasn't done it because none of them are vegetarian. WDW's twitter just did a meatless Monday tweet that had some of their favorites. This Monday was focused on AK and they had a ton of good options that looked tasty especially the Mediterranean Flatbread at Pizzafari there is also the Roasted Vegetable Couscous Wrap at the Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe (their quick-service next to the restaurant).

I bet this would be a great article for a vegetarian to write and submit to the Dis and see if they publish it. Would probably be better coming from a vegetarian then a meat eater just trying the vegetarian options.
Maybe one of them has a vegetarian friend who would be willing to do research with them?

I'm sure it had to do with $$$ and agreements with Gardenburger that didn't go Disney's way like the cream cheese filled pretzels. I still haven't told my DD that those are now gone too.

I heard this week that the cream cheese pretzels are back

I had this a few weeks ago & it was excellent. Really flavourful & a decent sized portion. Two thumbs up!
So there are two GREAT options in AK but nothing worth writing home about in the rest of the parks?

OK, my DD does like the vegetarian plate at the CS in Morocco so maybe I'm exaggerating a little.

So there are two GREAT options in AK but nothing worth writing home about in the rest of the parks?

OK, my DD does like the vegetarian plate at the CS in Morocco so maybe I'm exaggerating a little.

I was kind of hoping the twitter thing became a weekly offering or at least they highlight each park and Disney Springs. I only saw AK this week as it was a focus at AK. Twitter is hard to search through on a phone but I wonder if they have done it before and I just didn't notice since I'm not vegetarian myself or if this was the start of that since the Twitter just became more active this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter