• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would disney remove Jack Sparrow from POTC?

Nope - not kidding. I personally find the scene insulting...but I don't expect everyone to agree with me...it's ok to have different opinions.

Nope - not kidding. I personally find the scene insulting...but I don't expect everyone to agree with me...it's ok to have different opinions.
Yes, it is okay to have different opinions.

That said, this is a staple of the original ride, and likely shows a level of correct history. I think you are being WAY too sensitive and politically correct here.

MG

I'm not sure about your 'level of correct history'...I would think real pirates were much more crude and violent than those portrayed on the ride...that said - I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

I'm not sure about your 'level of correct history'...I would think real pirates were much more crude and violent than those portrayed on the ride...that said - I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
Indeed we will....

As a side note, the only correct history I was talking about was the wench scene.

MG

They were crude and violent. They were also pioneers in democracy and hazard reimbursement.

Some of the more crude elements have already been removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter