• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would disney remove Jack Sparrow from POTC?

Bioempress

Earning My Ears
Just a thought but in light of the recent accusations of domestic violence against Johnny Depp, if found guilty do you think that disney would remove the jack sparrow elements from the Pirates of the Carribean ride? I mean they removed the bust of Bill Cosby when he was accused although there were probably other motivations for that.

If his robot caught on fire and POTC burned down, sure. It took that to remove Gilbert Gttfried from tiki.

Wish it would though. I don't like him added to the ride.

I'm fairly sure Disney is more worried about the billion and a half dollars in movie franchises it has wrapped up in this guy than the AA in an attraction.

Its ok I am not the type to automatically assume he's guilty until innocent, its just with Johnny Depp tied in so closely to several Disney movie franchises this is the type of publicity Disney would like to distance themselves from. What I'm saying is that Depps performance as Jack was so popular it led to them including his likeness as Sparrow on the ride so regardless of how it plays out i think there would be a large proportion of people who assume guilt would rather not have his likeness so visible on a family ride. I can see them maybe changing the skin of the animatronic and giving Jack a similar but generic face that doesn't so closely resemble the actor.

He was never apart of it when the ride debuted, so yes he could go at any time. With that being said, the charges are on Johnny, not jack sparrow. Not Disneys problem what he does years after he played a character. Now if he were to pull something like Bill Cosby, they remove him like the bust of Cosby...

The have still worshiped Michael Jackson haven't they? No, I don't see it leaving anytime soon. Captain Jack is a character in a movie, the fact that it has Depps face is irrelevant. Besides. Depp has always been a little on the weird side anyway.

I'd be happier if they removed the whole 'Buy a Wench for a Bride' scene - to me - it's really inappropriate...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter