• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would Blue Apron or Hello Fresh work at WDW?

donnsuz

Mouseketeer
For any of you that have tried food delivery services such as Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Plated etc do you think that they'd work for cooking at DVC or in a timeshare kitchen? We eat out alot, but also like some meals cooked and eat in. This trip will just be DH and I for two weeks. I hate eating the same meal every day (or it feels like it with leftovers, etc) and I hate having a bunch of leftover ingredients so I was wondering if getting a short subscription to one of these services would be feasible. Maybe fewer leftover ingredients would balance out the extra costs. Any thoughts?

We love Hello fresh, and I was planning to use it on our next trip and have our weekly box delivered to wherever we stay. I think it is a great idea for a condo kitchen. The only thing t keep in mind is that you still have to provide a small amount of cooking oil and salt/pepper. Other than that everything you need is right in the box!.

In all honesty, I've been making fun of these types of delivery services. After all, it's too expensive, too much packaging, and I can cook my own meals! I still think that this is pretty true for my everyday life, but the more I read about it and check into it, the more I think it might be an option for timeshare travel. I first got the idea when Hello Fresh sent a discount. We travel more than we used to, and I get tired of the same old frozen lasagna, tacos, etc that don't require a bunch of pre-planning or extra ingredients. Recently I've been planning our menus in advance and measuring out the odds and ends dry ingredients, i.e. spices, gravy mix, flour, etc and bringing it with us since we've been flying Southwest and the extra luggage didn't mean extra money. Kind of a hassle, but doable. Still, we're wasting some ingredients when I don't need a big package of meat, or a whole jar of mayonnaise/tabasco/ketchup, etc. Hmmmmm...I'm very tempted...maybe we'll try it!

Also, Happyinwonderland, you said that you've used the services and think they're doable. Have you ever used one for a short time period, such as two weeks, and how hard was it to cancel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter