Would an artificial rain storm ruin the magic?

DLM1980

Supreme Fraggle Extrodinaire!
So I just got back from WDW, spent 10 glorious days there, went to Animal Kingdom twice, got my FP+s for the River Journey and Flight of Passage, but OMG was that park the worst, specifically yesterday. Yes it was hot, yes it was humid, yes it's florida. We ended parking in Peacock 10, right by the sidewalk so we walked to the gate instead of the tram. By the time I got to the tapstiles my shirt was wet in more than one spot. By the end of my 1st visit there that day I was soaking wet, even my underwear were not immune. So we went back to the room, cooled down, changed and visited again once the sun went down as I never saw Rivers of Light or Pandora at night. By the time ROL was over and I made it back to the car a 2nd time my shirt was wet again (thankfully everything else was dry)

So I started wondering what could disney do to make things cooler in that park, they already have fans, some with misters, but clearly they don't have enough around the park. Maybe they could install some living plant tunnels (my local Six Flags had one before they tore it out to put in a ride and it was cooler to walk through, I know Six Flags St. Louis has one)

Then I thought why can't it rain in the park more often, just install something along the lines of those misters at the grocery stores in the produce department, place them up in the trees, or something that produces bigger drops of water. Play a thunderstorm sound before it goes off so people standing in the area know it's time to move or they are about to get a sprinkle :) I'm not saying rain at every point in the park, or at least not all at once, but 1 section at a time the storm rolls through (much like the afternoon naturally occurring shower)

Then I thought well parts of the park are "Africa", its a desert there, it rarely rains, would it raining in Africa ruin the magic of being in Africa?

What idea can you think of that helps lower the temperature at Animal Kingdom?

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one don't like getting caught in a rainstorm, and I'd be pretty peeved at Disney if they literally rained on my parade!

There's really no scientific way to lower the humidity at AK unless Disney was to remove a high percentage of the vegetation. It's home to hundreds of thousands of plants and trees and that alone causes humidity to be higher as when a plant transpires it releases moisture into the air.

If it's already very humid, an "artificial rain storm" would most likely be counterproductive. A high amount of moisture in the air makes it harder for the sweat/water on your skin to dry - and the evaporation of that sweat/water takes some of the heat away from your body.

Seems like someone with very little knowledge on how weather works. Heat and humidity are synonymous with Florida in the summer. The one sure way to get rid of the Florida summer heat and humidity is to not go there in the summer. Glad I could be of help.

AK though, as stated, is the hottest of all the Disney parks because of the tropical nature of the park and the vegetation there in. It's even hot in January and February. Just all part of the experience. They do air condition most of the attractions, restaurants and even rest rooms... it's not all that hard to get cooled off occasionally. I also have to wonder where the OP thinks all that wet clothing came from and why since it originates from the body they might expect their underwear to be dry when their outside clothing are wet from sweat. Also be thankful for that because otherwise you are a very dead person.

Pumping in water wouldn't help.

Wearing sweat wicking clothes (and underwear) can help.

AK though, as stated, is the hottest of all the Disney parks because of the tropical nature of the park and the vegetation there in. It's even hot in January and February.

Unless it's 30 degrees. Then ak is freezing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter