Would an AP holder check for me?

Miffy

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of getting an AP and wondered if someone would check the AP rate for the following:
SSR, studio, 7 nights, March 5-12, 2017.

I already have this booked with the current discount, but I'm really leaning toward buying an AP, and the price of this reservation might very well tip the scales.

Thanks so much if anyone could do this!

Wow! That was so fast! Thanks for checking, pattyw. I'm glad I booked it when I did. :)

But it could come up as available later. Usually the AP discount isn't too much better, but you do get other discounts and Memory Maker downloads are included and you only need one AP in your party.

Just wanted to add that I tinkered with the dates and it looks like the AP discount is 35%. But @pattyw is right, the discount isn't currently available for your dates. Note that there is rack rate availability for a studio, just no AP rate availability for those dates.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey, pattyw, If you're still checking out this thread... I upgraded my hopper to an AP on Tuesday, but I cannot figure out how to check on AP rates for the spring without calling the number they're showing on the website. I believe you were able to look up rates online. Can you tell me how/where to do this? My MDE account properly shows that I have an AP now. Many thanks!

Hey, pattyw, If you're still checking out this thread... I upgraded my hopper to an AP on Tuesday, but I cannot figure out how to check on AP rates for the spring without calling the number they're showing on the website. I believe you were able to look up rates online. Can you tell me how/where to do this? My MDE account properly shows that I have an AP now. Many thanks!

Try using a different browser. When I upgraded last winter and tried booking rooms I couldn't get the discount to show up in my normal browser (Firefox) but when I switched to another (Safari) I was able to. You can also try clearing your cookies/cache/history, but a different browser usually is easier.

Are you looking at the special offers? That's where the AP discounts are listed. You need to log in to MDE, click on places to stay & then view special offers. Scroll down those & you should see the AP offers. The AP rates don't show automatically when you do a normal search.

I'm in the same situation - contemplating buying an annual pass and wondered if there would be a discount on the room.

If anyone could please check the GF Garden View room for Dec 21-23 I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm in the same situation - contemplating buying an annual pass and wondered if there would be a discount on the room.

If anyone could please check the GF Garden View room for Dec 21-23 I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Outer building is $513.45 avg/night.
Total $1,155.28 with tax.

Just for some context, that's roughly 30% off the rack rate. Not too shabby for the week before Christmas (and why we love our APs!).

Just for some context, that's roughly 30% off the rack rate. Not too shabby for the week before Christmas (and why we love our APs!).

Yeah, but since realizing I could break even with APs on a single feb/mar trip I have booked two other trips. So it's a good Disney math example. Spending more to save more. ;-)

Are you looking at the special offers? That's where the AP discounts are listed. You need to log in to MDE, click on places to stay & then view special offers. Scroll down those & you should see the AP offers. The AP rates don't show automatically when you do a normal search.

Hi, everyone!

I was easily able to get to the right page and do the research now that I'm home and can use my desktop computer. The info just wasn't accessible on my tablet for some reason. Thanks so much to everyone here!

Update: Just checked the AP discount page again, since the spring discount was mentioned on the DIS newsletter today. And I was able to book our March stay for $307 less than I'd booked it using the general public room-only discount for the exact same dates and resort (SSR). Hurrah! Love saving money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter