• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst week of the year not including X-mas and New Year's

Not to trump the great Robo. Here's the more precise answer.

Kids out of school i.e grade, high, college = busy.

Not to trump the great Robo. Here's the more precise answer.

Kids out of school i.e grade, high, college = busy.

Hey!

I 'been TRUMPED!

donald-trump-video-phone1.jpg

;)

I would say Thanksgiving or 4th of July. Although Easter is pretty bad too. I'd avoid holiday weeks if I could!

Dec. 12-19 is a very bad week to go. Be afraid, be very afraid:scared1:
Just kidding :) We have only been in Dec. and Jan., but anytime kids are out of school for a holiday would be a busy time.

We were there last Thanksgiving and it wasn't that bad. :confused3

Wasn't it this past Easter week that parks were closing due to capacity?

Here's one website's list of weeks ranked in order from best to worst weeks to visit.
http://**************.net/planning-...anked-in-order/2009-weeks-to-visit-continued/

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the site's week rankings? It ranks T-giving as week 40, Easter as weeks 41-42, Christmas as week 43, New Year as week 44, and all of Jan/Feb as weeks 45-52 because of ride closures. Just wanted to let other Disney info junkies know about this site--there was a thread a couple of months ago with many people debating the advice that it gives.

We went this past Thansgiving week. We left on Wednesday afternoon, so it might have gotten MUCH more crowded on Thursday, but the days leading up to Thanksgiving were not bad at all. I was so worried it would be terrible. It wasn't!

Thanksgiving IMHO is the best of these choices.

Presidents week is bad but when it combines with Mardi Gras week look out it is horrible!

Easter is the worst, parks closed to capacity this past Easter.

OT: Is there anyone who would answer this part other than with "lots of guests"?

Nope....simply because that's exactly why it's a miserable time to go!!!

Any time within Spring Break is bad...and when you add Easter and the public school vacations at that same time, well, it's a recipe for disaster. At least the 4th of July is only a day or two, same with Thanksgiving..that's from Thursday to Sunday pretty much. But Spring Break??? Just shoot me!

The crowds are our only deciding actor. Yes, the Christmas decorations were a nice touch during Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't choose this week because of that. We see when we can go and pick the least crowded time. (Personally, if our only choices are Christmas and Easter, we will skip it.)

We did the week leading up to Easter in 2007 (Sunday checking out Good Friday) and the weather was fantastic but the crowds were awful. I had never seen MK so busy in my life.

Thanksgiving IMHO is the best of these choices.

Presidents week is bad but when it combines with Mardi Gras week look out it is horrible!

Easter is the worst, parks closed to capacity this past Easter.

Another thought on President's Day, and I don't know if this happens every year, but we went for a week around President's Day in 2005 (for my oldest daughter's 3rd birthday). Little did we know it was also the week of the Daytona 500. The crowds were truthfully unbearable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter