• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst thing you have done

worst - vomiting and nearly passing out in a restaurant restroom from heatstroke and dehydration, at age 25 i should know better (that said, the meal was one of the best steaks Ive ever had!)

the one which looked the worst.
walking back to the car we press the unlock on the keyfob for the hire car (a red jeep) the lights flash and we open the boot. I become aware suddenly we dont have this stuff in our boot....at which point from behind us i hear OI!!!!!! :eek:
our car was 7 cars further down the row, the other family didn't see the funny side.

For our first trip with kids to Disney, I had obsessively planned, and after arriving at POR Saturday afternoon, the kids saw the little "mouse boats" or whatever they are called, but it was already closed. So Sunday morning, we leave for MK bright and early, ready to follow my Tour Guide Mike plan, however, my oldest (who was 8 at the time) whined and complained (and even cried) the whole morning about going back and riding those darn boats...finally I just lost it, so we bussed it all the way back to ride them. However, in all of this, I must have gotten confused with our time change, and realized as we were getting back on the bus that our ADR at LTT was right then. THAT just about pushed me over the edge. We hoofed it there as quickly as possible when we got to the park, and luckily it was January, so not too crowded, and we were still able to eat there.

I know that kids have a mind of their own, but it is still frustrating!!

I also learned on that trip that sometimes it doesn't seem to matter if you show up early for ADR's-- there were two mornings that we had 10:30 ADR's, but got to the park really early (DHS and AK) and were let in, so that basically by the time the park opened, we were done with Breakfast and could just go do our thing. All that matters is that your name is on the reservations list at all, and you get into the park early!!

Yeah I am always HAPPY when his cell battery finally dies for the day. Then they can't email, text or call him. UGH! It is my biggest pet peeve. They woke me up at 3:15 AM the other night... grrrrr

I went to Vegas with my cousin last year and every day her job(she is a nurse) would call at 5am to see if she could come into work. And she would say "i told you yesterday im on the other side of the country ill be back on monday"

The worst thing I've done is put charging priviledges on my adult children's cards while Pleasure Island was still open. :scared1:

The worst thing I've done is put charging priviledges on my adult children's cards while Pleasure Island was still open. :scared1:

I said WORST not DUMBEST!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My dad made that mistake on a cruise ship once. I repeat ONCE.

We made a fatal mistake :headache::rolleyes1

We told another couple we would meet them at 9:00am at the train station in the MK. (we are always on time).

We were there at 9:00 on the dot.....9:30 they aren't there and we are watching the park fill up. 10:00 still not there, 10:30 we are sitting in the train station watching our precious time slowly tick away. Everyone else is having fun, and we are stuck. 11:00 still no show, 11:30 we just walked away. I was mad enough to just give up. They called us at 11:45 and ask why we weren't at the train station? (they just turned on their cell phone). I told them how we didn't feel like getting together with them that day. They didn't have a clue, but I didn't want to see them or I would have let them have it. Kind of knocked us off our day because they just didn't care.

Now we tell people, we will meet at 9:00 and if we don't hear from you by 9:15 we will take off, and see you at 12:00 for lunch. It works much better.

For our first trip with kids to Disney, I had obsessively planned, and after arriving at POR Saturday afternoon, the kids saw the little "mouse boats" or whatever they are called, but it was already closed. So Sunday morning, we leave for MK bright and early, ready to follow my Tour Guide Mike plan, however, my oldest (who was 8 at the time) whined and complained (and even cried) the whole morning about going back and riding those darn boats...finally I just lost it, so we bussed it all the way back to ride them. However, in all of this, I must have gotten confused with our time change, and realized as we were getting back on the bus that our ADR at LTT was right then. THAT just about pushed me over the edge. We hoofed it there as quickly as possible when we got to the park, and luckily it was January, so not too crowded, and we were still able to eat there.

I know that kids have a mind of their own, but it is still frustrating!!

I also learned on that trip that sometimes it doesn't seem to matter if you show up early for ADR's-- there were two mornings that we had 10:30 ADR's, but got to the park really early (DHS and AK) and were let in, so that basically by the time the park opened, we were done with Breakfast and could just go do our thing. All that matters is that your name is on the reservations list at all, and you get into the park early!!

We had something like that happen not at Disney, but at Hershey Park. DS 8 (at the time) got off the 1st rollercoaster & 1st ride of the day say he had a headache and felt sick, We thought he would be fine with a little rest and something to eat. well, thirty mins. later he was still complaining, so we went back to the hotel, were he started to vomit (several times). I wound up taking him to the hospital were he was diagnosed with a concussion.

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Ok, here's one that mom's of teenagers will understand. . .

I ended up going with my ex husband (husband at the time) who I really didn't want to go and my 2 daughters. The oldest was in the just dating stage and complained all the way that she missed her "boyfriend" and the husband (that I didn't even want to come) was complaining) finally when the teen started in with the "I wish I was home with "what's his name"". . . I had HAD ENOUGH. . . .

I said, and I quote. . . .

YOU WILL ENJOY THIS VACATION IF I HAVE TO BEAT THE FUN INTO YOU. AND IF ANYONE HERE WANTS TO CALL SOCIAL SERVICES THEN THEY CAN TAKE YOU WITH THEM AND LISTEN TO IT!!!

Now, while I have spanked my kids before I wasn't REALLY going to beat my teenager. It was one of those moments!

We laugh about it now actually :lmao::lmao:

BTW, she is now married and expecting a child of her own and is currently warning her sister (who is now that age) NOT to ruin her own vacation thinking about some little boy from home!:rotfl2:

I did that boyfriend crap with my parents on a trip too. It was a driving trip to the Williamsburg and the Amish country.

ALL in the car. They listened to it a LOT!

:cool1: Sounds like a party to me!!! Closest to being that lucky for me was spending my 21st birthday there in the company of great friends!!

The meanest thing I ever did?

My BFF apparently hates roller coasters.. i never believed her until we ended up at MK one weekend in a big group, and she was the ONLY person of the 8, who didn't want to ride Space Mountain.... I forced her... (well, forced isn't quite the right word, but we were trying to make a good impression on a potential rushee, so she HAD to go! muaahah) -- the entire ride, from behind me, i hear, "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" -- no joke, the ENTIRE thing..

fast forward to last weekend, she took her kids to Busch Gardens, and her 3 year old is obsessed with the flume/log ride, so much he goes time and time again, and usually daddy goes, b/c mommy hates those rides.. well, he convinced mommy to ride, and once he got off and looked at the pictures from the end, he goes... "Mommy, you don't like the log?" just by the expression of holy terror on her face!!

And then my personal worst decision ever was riding EE 7 times in less than an hour... it was an AP preview, walk on, ride, walk on again... my brother and I rode until we literally couldn't stand or talk anymore.. yeaaaah... good thing it's popular so we never get to do that again! lol

Well, this is really gross and a complete accident, and I don't want to start any paranoia, but this happened. Please don't hate me!!!

This past February at Epcot, me, my DD, and my DM were on LWTL. I was getting over a chest cold at the time. During one of the dark parts, I had to cough and I covered my mouth with my hand (promise!!). Well, I felt some phlegm come up, which I wasn't expecting, but it wasn't in my mouth or hand. When we got to a lighted area, I looked around and saw the "chunk" on the woman's hair in front of me!! I was mortified, but I didn't know what to do!!! How would you approach someone with this information?? I kept my mouth shut and figured her ignorance of the situation was best. I hope that if it was discovered she would think it was just bird poop.

I think this post qualifies for the thread subject, don't you??

SC :hippie:

The worst thing I ever did was thinking it would be a good idea to go on a week long trip with Sister #2 and sister #3, leaving sister#1 home by her self (thankfully). It started off bad with #1 complaining to #3 that she wasn't invited. I said she could come but a second car would be needed, so she stayed home and still blamed me!:rolleyes1

Things are going well when we get there until #3 decides she needs to be the center of attention.:confused3 She calls me from MK and says she thinks she left her safe open with Lots o' $$$ in it. I had to track down the manager and go into her room to close the safe. We then agree to meet at the carousel. We wait and wait, then decide to go on with our plans... we will meet up with her later. We never see her until we get back to the hotel. She is throwing a hissy fit because apparently someone opened her backpack while she was standing in a line and stole her wallet. How convenient that she leaves her safe open AND someone steals her wallet within the same hour. This was her excuse as to why she didn't meet us at the carousel. What started the screaming match between #2 and #3 was when #3 said she had us paged in the park and we didn't answer (There is NO paging system in the parks... too big) and #2 calling her a liar!:mad: All he!! broke loose and the rest of the trip was miserable. :sad2:

What made it so bad was we were there to celebrate nephews 8th birthday. Thankfully, he doesn't recall all the fighting. He only remembers it being one of the best birthdays he's ever had! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter