• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Thing to Happen to You in a Disney Park?

DisneyDad2015

Mouseketeer
Yes, Disney is suppose to be the happiest place on earth, however sometimes even bad things happen there. I had never had a moment like this until this past week when we were at the Magic Kingdom, and my 4 year old daughter got lost. She was only missing for 10 minutes, but they were probably 10 of the most terrifying minutes of my life, and definitely the worst thing that's ever happened to me at Disney. I'm just glad the CM's all came to the rescue and found her quickly.

So what's everyone else's "worst" moment?

friendships crashing and burning! Back in 2013 one of my travel buddys had a personalty switch and fell out with everyone in the group, things got real ugly real quick. Disney was just one part of a 10 day holiday in LA / Vegas. Things were a bit off in Vegas and just escalated when we got to LA. She ended up ditching us after day 5 and switched hotels and we never saw her again. She made her own way back home

This wasn't at a park, but at a resort gym.

I sprained my foot by rolling my ankle on a treadmill. Thankfully it was near the end of the trip.

I figured I could "walk it off" the next day just by using the RICE method. I couldn't even put any weight on it for about a week.

My 4 year old son hit his head on something at Caseys Splash N Soak. It was bleeding pretty good (I thought he might need stitches). I carried him and speed walked all the way to the Clinic at the front of the park. The nurse looked at him and called a van to transport us to an offsite Urgent Care. He only needed glue (no stitches).

A couple of years ago I did a face plant at the Magic Kingdom. Broke my nose, got two black eyes, banged up my knees, and hurt my ribs. Not the best way to end my vacation.

Only minor things that are soon forgotten

But one that was major for me was totally my fault and not Disney

At the magic kingdom and left my bag outside the first restroom entering the park

Dont know where my brains were that day
Lost and found received the bag very much later in the day

Got bag back minus $300 gift cards and $400 cash

Worse day ever in the parks and totally on me

Norovirus. The whole family, one at a time over 4 days/nights. Not pretty.

Two years ago, at Epcot during the F&G. Leaned on a little fence in front of a topiary by Spaceship Earth, but that section happened to be a gate, and it was missing the latch, so I fell right through and onto my keyster. I have a bit of a mobility issue, and couldn't get up, so two passers-by came running - between one of them and my husband, they got me up. Two cast members came by, and didn't seem interested at all unless I wanted to file a report. Later that day, I went to guest services to at least let them know about the safety issue. Again, they weren't interested unless I wanted an ambulance, which I sure didn't. We checked that area later in the week - still not repaired, no sign, no nothing.

Flat tire at EPCOT, on my rental car. Had to wait about 90 minutes for someone from the rental company to come check it out and change it. Had to get up early(6AM) the next morning and drive back to MCO to exchange the car.

On the last full day of my 2010 trip, I changed SD cards in my camera because I thought I might run out of memory on the safari. I put the full SD card in my wallet and carried on with the day.
Lost the SD card.
I was so gutted. Not a big deal - no one got hurt and no magic was ruined for little peeps, but I was young and loved taking pictures, plus it was my first proper vacation with a 'proper' camera. I cried a lot! Lost over 800 pics including cracking shots of the new baby gorilla, who was all grown up by the time I could return.

The silver lining was that I learned after that not to live through a lens, it made me appreciate that photos aren't everything. But it really stung and still does when I think about how young and upset I was that day!

When I was a kid, my Dad parked the rental car in the parking lot at Downtown Disney. He didn't write down where he parked. He didn't write down the license plate number of the rental car. And that was before you could press the button on the car key to make the car beep. Not quite in a Disney park, and not on par with somebody getting lost or injured, but I'm sure that was his worst moment at Disney World. (He eventually got a cop to help him find the car, if I recall correctly.)

When I was a kid, my Dad parked the rental car in the parking lot at Downtown Disney. He didn't write down where he parked. He didn't write down the license plate number of the rental car. And that was before you could press the button on the car key to make the car beep. Not quite in a Disney park, and not on par with somebody getting lost or injured, but I'm sure that was his worst moment at Disney World. (He eventually got a cop to help him find the car, if I recall correctly.)
In the past, I've spent a long time looking for my car in one of the parks. Even had security help me find it.

Worst thing was probably my first trip to WDW. I was 11 (and the youngest of 5).

My older brothers had an "I have better things to do" attitude throughout the whole trip. It eventually wore on my mom. She had planned half the trip at the beach to keep them happy and the other half at Disney for her, my dad and me.

A huge fight broke out in Epcot and my brothers stormed off and my mom was fuming.

First trip we were in the preshow are oh Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I was holding on to my sons hand and when it was time to enter the theatre the rush of people caused us to let go. He got mixed up and headed a weird direction and I couldn't find him. While I was calling out his name, obviously in a panic, a woman grabbed me by both arms and screamed into my face that I didn't deserve kids if I could lose one. Of course we found him within 5 minutes...the longest 5 minutes of my life. My very calm level headed husband informed the the woman screamed at me she hoped she found my son so she could keep him away from me. I don't even remember that.

Worst thing was probably my first trip to WDW. I was 11 (and the youngest of 5).

My older brothers had an "I have better things to do" attitude throughout the whole trip. It eventually wore on my mom. She had planned half the trip at the beach to keep them happy and the other half at Disney for her, my dad and me.

A huge fight broke out in Epcot and my brothers stormed off and my mom was fuming.
Sounds like our last trip. My oldest refused to go. My middle one, with her new smart phone, wanted to go back to the resort by noon every day. My husband finally asked her why she even wanted to come. She said I wanted to ride tower of terror. You never told me I had to hang out with you.

Many years ago a monorail door closed on one of my fingers and it hurt big time. Both the CM at the monorail and the nurse we saw said that it was impossible but my finger was very swollen and quite black and blue and I had several friends who saw it. Not a big deal in the scheme of things but it was to me at the time.

I also lost DS once but it was at Sea World. The Sea World employees were great and found him quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter