Worst Room View Pics Thread

Okay, granted it was a value resort (ASMu) and I didn't care if there was any kind of view since the room was cheap, but it was a big, pink wall... I wish I took a picture...

This time we are staying at a mod, and I am not forking out money for a water view, since Disney doesn't know what a water view is:confused:

However, at a Deluxe, when money is being paid for views, you should get what they promise period. If we upgrade, then I would pay for a view, since I would enjoy relaxing on the balcony and I know I want whatever I am paying for. Sorry for you who paid for, but didn't get your view.

TaraPA should get the award for the worst room view, because that is terrible :eek: Who would have known that the Swan/Dolphin would have that? :confused3

I can't remember who is was but they had a room from the Polynesian, and all you could see was the bushes.

A good view is essential to the Disney resort experience.:goodvibes

TaraPA should get the award for the worst room view, because that is terrible :eek: Who would have known that the Swan/Dolphin would have that? :confused3

Hey it's TaraPA here - believe it or not I booked The Dolphin for this December again! Last year we had 3 nights free with points, only 1 paid night. This year I'm paying for all 4 nights. We're Starwood Gold now (Starwood Preferred last year) so it's an automatic upgrade IF there is a room availalbe...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I look at it this way - it can't be worse!!!

Yes you are correct, it was room 6048 at The Dolphin. We kept the shades closed the entire stay! The sound of construction vehicles backing up (beep...beep...beep...) woke us propmtly at 6am every morning. Off to the far right is part of the Beach Club/Yacht Club I think.

That is a TERRIBLE room! :scared1: Hope your stay in December is better than that! btw I will be visiting WDW a week after you! We have a boardwalk view in one-bedroom and no WAY can that be a bad view no matter which room they put me in :lmao:

Maybe there could be a thread called Best Room View Pics Thread.:cool1: Sorry had to edit...I guess that would be the Room View thread. Never mind.

Oh...and TaraPa...I hope you have a good trip this December. Remember to take lots of pics.

We had the room right above this one.... it wasn't much better as one floor up you get the beautiful view of the parking lot off to the right and all the sounds from the bus stop directly in front (that and the pathway are the next set of roof tops out there) comes bouncing right to you at 6:30am (large group of teens arguing every single am). Yes, WL categorized it as a woods view room too. If we hadn't been aching & down with the flu when we changed rooms to our "beloved" WL I would have complained and loudly. Instead I sucked it up. Now I'm mad with myself I didn't say anything as I had paid over $400/nt.

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room: :scared1:

wildernesslodgebadview.jpg

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!! :scared:

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!! :faint:

OH my...if I had a view of nothing but the roof....I would go crazy..:eek:

This lady that works at the travel agency in our town (whom I don't care for); she was like why do people care what view they have. Clearly she doesn't know squat, and I should direct her to this thread.

OH my...if I had a view of nothing but the roof....I would go crazy..:eek:

This lady that works at the travel agency in our town (whom I don't care for); she was like why do people care what view they have. Clearly she doesn't know squat, and I should direct her to this thread.

Regardless of the worst of the worst rooms posted here, what travel agent in their right mind would think that people don't care about room views? I'd say she is pretty clueless about her clientele. If room views didn't matter to people why would hotels worldwide charge more for the better views? Hello???

Yeah, another reason not to use a travel agent, lol.

Regardless of the worst of the worst rooms posted here, what travel agent in their right mind would think that people don't care about room views? I'd say she is pretty clueless about her clientele. If room views didn't matter to people why would hotels worldwide charge more for the better views? Hello???

Yeah, another reason not to use a travel agent, lol.

This is exactly what they woman said when I asked about a specific room/view..."Why do people care what view they have? Florida is just palm trees and ocean, and that is about all you'll see.":rolleyes::confused:

I'm sorry but the woman is a snob. The owner is from Hawaii, now she is super awesome, and is the only reason why I would book a Disney vacation with them. Whenever I ask for Disney info, the owner gives it to me, talks it over, and everything.

Ok out of the pics so far I think I win...

IMG_2170.jpg

You definitely win but I am really surprised by this. Usually Disney is so big on "show" and guests not seeing how everything works. Weird

You definitely win but I am really surprised by this. Usually Disney is so big on "show" and guests not seeing how everything works. Weird

I would think that Disney would keep rooms such as these for use within the organization (business travel from other areas for WDW) :confused3
I like seeing people, cars, even trucks, if I'm in a value room - I sort of expect it (although I'd think it would be parking lot), but that dumpster's the killer, they couldn't have moved it 10 feet --> that way?

I would think that Disney would keep rooms such as these for use within the organization (business travel from other areas for WDW) :confused3
I like seeing people, cars, even trucks, if I'm in a value room - I sort of expect it (although I'd think it would be parking lot), but that dumpster's the killer, they couldn't have moved it 10 feet --> that way?
exactly! :thumbsup2 I know that not every room view is going to be perfect but they are usually so into the whole "show" thing that I'm surprised. I was going to say maybe it's because Swan & Dolphin aren't actually owned by WDW but there were some other less than stellar views at actual WDW owned properties so I guess that's not it. At the very least it seems that some of these rooms should be discounted, sort of like the obstructed view rooms on a cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter