• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Room View Pics Thread

See, that view wouldn't bother me because where I'm from, there are no palm trees. But I do see your point - a water view would have been more of a "view."

This was an AKL pool view from last year. It was during the refurb of the pool. I rarely complain about anything but upon seeing our balcony view I went straight down to the desk and said '' I realize I paid for a pool view and that the pool is being refurbed but even if I wanted to see the pool I can't because there's a big honkin tree right outside my balcony''. The CM was good enough to move us to a Savannah view the next day for the rest of the trip.
CasioCamera084.jpg

Okay, where is the pool? I'm glad they changed your room. You couldn't even call that "a view."

This was an AKL pool view from last year. It was during the refurb of the pool. I rarely complain about anything but upon seeing our balcony view I went straight down to the desk and said '' I realize I paid for a pool view and that the pool is being refurbed but even if I wanted to see the pool I can't because there's a big honkin tree right outside my balcony''. The CM was good enough to move us to a Savannah view the next day for the rest of the trip.
CasioCamera084.jpg

:scared1:

Disney really needs to have a recent look at it's "views" now that the trees have been growing for several years at the newer (and older!) resorts.

Several years ago we booked a water view at Riverside - when we found our room, we were delighted to find it was corner room in bldg 14, just steps from the food court, bus stop etc. It wasn't until we were all settled in and leaving for the rest of the day when we realized there was no water to be seen - other than the rain. We stepped outside looked around for water and only then noticed that if the wind blew, the pine trees would move a bit and if we looked very carefully, we could see a sliver of the river. Next morning spoke with a front desk manager who changed our rate to std view. :)

It amazes me at how many deluxe resorts are mentioned in this thread. For the amount of money that you pay for deluxe, I don't care if they call it a standard view or the super-ultra-impressive-water-fireworks-castle-Epcot view, you should get something better than some of these views.

It amazes me at how many deluxe resorts are mentioned in this thread. For the amount of money that you pay for deluxe, I don't care if they call it a standard view or the super-ultra-impressive-water-fireworks-castle-Epcot view, you should get something better than some of these views.

When we first visited WDW in 1981 we began making twice yearly visits, alternating between CR and the Polynesian - we never had a bad view. When new resorts came along (BC/YC BWI. then WL and AKL) I was very surprised by so many reports of truly awful views. Although some DISers will say they are never in the room and the view doesn't matter - many of us do enjoy a nice view and it's part of our vacation - no matter the level of resort.

Disney managed to build CR & Poly without views of a dumpster or loading dock, so why not every resort?

Here is our view from Yacht Club in April... I'm not one to complain about view because we don't spend much time in the room but this one wasn't great... at least the kids liked watching all the squirrels on the roof below us. :laughing:
IMG_2342.jpg
[/IMG]

OMG...this is an awful view! It's so industrial looking...it looks like your kids are in jail!!

This is true of a lot of snazzy hotels outside WDW, and I think it's because the look of the building is so important. If you're going to build a big, complex building that's pleasing to the eye on the outside, there will usually be a few areas where they want to tuck a room rather than waste the space that won't be able to see much but rooftop or whatever.

True also of trimming trees. If the landscaping is a big part of the appeal and you want the area to look lush, you're not as likely to trim trees back so people can see out of the rooms. Cutting the tree back to clear the view would make the building as a whole less visually appealing, so they don't do it. If the buildings were mansions, they'd stuff the servants back there. Since they're hotels, it's some of the paying guests who get the crumby rooms.

Of course, most grand hotels, those would be the discounted rooms. What would annoy me is that some of the WDW rooms with terrible views are supposed upgrades -- that's just wrong. :sad2:

Poly view with exotic looking tree= happy me after winter with snowstorm after snowstorm in New England!

Does anyone have bad view pics of Port Orleans Riverside. We're thinking of this resort when we go Dec. 11 -16. I've been through the whole thread and some of these view...oof. When we were in Vegas in 07 we stayed at the trop and had a rooftop/garbage view. Across the hall they had view of the New York New York roller coaster. I'm hopint to avoid a bad view this trip.

I've not had a really bad view at POR, but we stayed on the back side of building 17 in AB last year and it was inconvenient to everything!

It was a long haul to the food court, the busses, everything. I take that back we were fairly convenient to the laundry room that we didn't use. I think it was an ok distance to a pool, but we don't swim.

Does anyone have bad view pics of Port Orleans Riverside. We're thinking of this resort when we go Dec. 11 -16. I've been through the whole thread and some of these view...oof. When we were in Vegas in 07 we stayed at the trop and had a rooftop/garbage view. Across the hall they had view of the New York New York roller coaster. I'm hopint to avoid a bad view this trip.

I have stayed at PORS many many times and walk around the whole resort constantly . I think the *worst* view you can get is of a parking lot.

This is true of a lot of snazzy hotels outside WDW, and I think it's because the look of the building is so important. If you're going to build a big, complex building that's pleasing to the eye on the outside, there will usually be a few areas where they want to tuck a room rather than waste the space that won't be able to see much but rooftop or whatever.

True also of trimming trees. If the landscaping is a big part of the appeal and you want the area to look lush, you're not as likely to trim trees back so people can see out of the rooms. Cutting the tree back to clear the view would make the building as a whole less visually appealing, so they don't do it. If the buildings were mansions, they'd stuff the servants back there. Since they're hotels, it's some of the paying guests who get the crumby rooms.

Of course, most grand hotels, those would be the discounted rooms. What would annoy me is that some of the WDW rooms with terrible views are supposed upgrades -- that's just wrong. :sad2:

I agree with everything said here.:thumbsup2

view.jpg

i paid for a theme park view at the floridian, this was my camera facing the magic kingdom....

...needless to say we called the front desk and after some hassle we were moved

view.jpg

i paid for a theme park view at the floridian, this was my camera facing the magic kingdom....

...needless to say we called the front desk and after some hassle we were moved

. . . . . to a room with a view I'd like to see. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter