• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Ride To Get Stuck On

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
Saw this thread go around a while ago and thought I'd bring it back! What has been your worst experience being stuck on a ride? I have gotten stuck on the little mermaid ride at MK a couple times and when it's stuck they repeat that same phrase over and over again.... it drove me insane!

We just got back from our trip - and we got stuck several times on different rides. Pirates of the Caribbean got really backed up so we were stuck at the dog/key/jail scene. Small world got really backed up too everytime we were on it - that wasn't fun. We even got stuck on the MK Train (had to wait for the parade to move through) But the worst - was getting stuck on Spaceship Earth - while going down/backwards. It was quite uncomfortable for me and for sure my 4 year old.

DH and I have been stuck on Splash Mountain, on the incline before the big drop. Having to listen to those crows for 30+ minutes before we were evacuated was pretty aggravating.

We got stuck on space mountain in Tokyo Disneyland. It was our first ride of the day and rope drop. We were so pleased with ourselves to be on so quick. Then we waited and waited we thought it was to build anticipation as we were about to launch... then the lights came on.

We had to clamber out of it and everything was in Japanese! We did get a free anytime fast pass and back on later. So no real harm done!

I've never been stuck for very long on any attraction other than Carousel of Progress. On a recent trip, we had to watch a scene three times and the first two times, it made it more than halfway through the scene. I know if someone exits the attraction, it starts the scene over in each theatre. Once we actually made it through the third time, everyone was cheering so I'm sure a few naps were interrupted. :upsidedow

The only thing my husband and I were stuck on in May 2018 was Pirates. We were in the fire scene, and hearing the same little snippet of that song drove me a little insane. At least they eventually turned the music off. It was pretty cool to see it lit up once they turned the lights on!

Apparently, some teenagers were rocking their boat and it got stuck on the track which stopped the whole ride

I got stuck on Mission Space last October. It shut down half way through the mission. Me and 3 strangers were stuck in those tiny pods for about 5 minutes. It was pretty terrifying. I was just about to panic when the pod opened up and we got out. I never want to ride it again; and I've never been afraid of closed spaces, but that did it for me.

Worst - POTC - love the song but painful when it's on a loop!
Best - HM - really cool ! Got to see so much that I never noticed

I got stuck on Mission Space last October. It shut down half way through the mission. Me and 3 strangers were stuck in those tiny pods for about 5 minutes. It was pretty terrifying. I was just about to panic when the pod opened up and we got out. I never want to ride it again; and I've never been afraid of closed spaces, but that did it for me.
That ride was a horrible experience for me so I can only imagine how I would feel if I were stuck on it for longer!

That ride was a horrible experience for me so I can only imagine how I would feel if I were stuck on it for longer!

37 minutes on It's A Small Small World. We were so close to the exit, I could see it. This happened when Gwen was 5 so she loved every second of it,

Got stuck one time at the Ursula's eels Fotsam and Jetsam scene of Little Mermaid....with my 4 year old niece. They kept saying "Ursula can help" in their creepy voices in the near pitch dark. This probably depends on where you get stuck sometimes. If we had been stuck one minute prior at the "Under the Sea" scene, it would've been great! Likewise once we got stuck at the Haunted Mansion next to a creepy head in the cemetery that kept popping up from behind a headstone=creepy, but last trip we got stuck on HM at the ballroom scene= so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter