• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst mistake you've seen a CM make

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
CMs are great....my interactions are usually wonderful across-the-board.

But have you ever sees a major slip up?

We were waiting to see Micky/Minnie/Goofy at the Epcot Character Spot. We were waiting with a friend of our daughter, herself a CM. Her friend was a friend of Goofy, and we let some people go around us so that we made sure we got to interact with the friend of Goofy, whose shift was about to start. While waiting, a CM opened a side door that allowed us to look into the other character meeting area. The breach, of course, being that we could have seen that there were (gasp) multiple Mickeys.

Now, I barely noticed this and our son didn't. But the CM who accidentally opened this door at the wrong time looked sick to her stomach, and particularly apologized to our CM friend (I think because it was especially embarrassing to mess up in front of a particular CM). It was hardly a big deal to us, but our CM friend explained it was a really bad mistake. Glad they hold themselves to such a high standard.

uh oh. my close relative is a friend of mickey in the character spot at epcot. I am glad she wasn't the door opener of the breech! clearly she was what was hidden behind door 3! It happens sometimes. But more often it's the guests that make more 'mistakes' . !!! They're trained, guests , hmm..maybe they should be!!

I was in a shop in AK a few years ago. A CM opened a door to go through, a door that went directly outside backstage. And Stitch happened to walk past in the background... with his head tucked under his arm :rotfl2:

A greeter at POR failed to smile at us once. We started calling her grumpy Jan. Turns out she always looks that way. See her every year and she is very nice just has a grumpy look.

When you have THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of college kids only working for 4-5 mos with minimal training ........ mistakes will be made.

When you have tens of thousands of employees, mistakes will be made.

Most won't notice a mistake but those who travel often and are aware will note many.

A greeter at POR failed to smile at us once. We started calling her grumpy Jan. Turns out she always looks that way. See her every year and she is very nice just has a grumpy look.

But I'll bet she'll have less wrinkles!

My wife and I were dining at 1900 Park Fare and for those who have dined there, you know there is music that announces the arrival of Cinderella. I was on my way up to get a second helping, OK, my fourth, and the music started to play. I was just in position behind and yet at the side of Prince Charming. I said, "that music means the boss is coming out, right?" Charming, not even looking around said, "Yep, it's Cindy all right." He turned and looked at me in a sort of, oops, I screwed up. I laughed and said Gotcha. We both laughed and then he returned to character.

Years ago I had lunch at the Sci-fi Cafe. There was a group in front of me in the car tables. They ordered and I ordered right after. When the check came out, they gave me the check for myself and the people in front of me. When I finally got her attention again, I told her about it, but, she acted like I somehow had mislead her and she thought that we were all together. I didn't say anything, but, seriously, I hadn't said a word to the group, or in any way interacted with them. Not a big deal, but, how does one make a mistake like that. I didn't even look like any of the women at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter