• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

" Worst day I ever spent at Disney"

bluenoser3652001

Mouseketeer
I have just sent this letter via email to Disney

It was December 29th, 2006 ( we had booked a 14 day package) a 10 day and a 4 day package, that wasn't too bad. We were celebrating this trip for our 45 Wedding Anniversary and we couldn't think of a better place we would like to celebrate it. But what we had to go through to checkout and check in on the 14 day package was something you would never DREAM of. It took a hour or so with waiting and doing this. And the girl at the front desk at Coronado Springs told us our existing cards were good until midnight, that is ALL she said.
We got to the Magic Kingdom and our cards that we were using all week wouldn't let us in. The cast member at the gate started YELLING at us saying our cards were no good, no matter how many times we try to insert them. she didn't even have a name tag. The Magic Kingdom front gate was very busy as you probably know this time of the year, and all these people looking at us like we were criminals trying to get into the park free, I guess.Then the woman, at the top of her lungs, told us we would have to go over there ( she was pointing to the guest services window). She could have took us aside to explain things but no. We felt like 2 cents at that point. And besides the the existing card still had dining on it.
When we got to guest services, we got it straightened away. It seemed we had already used up our 10 days in the parks( because we were in a park everyday) so our 10 days were up. So we had to use our new 4 day package cards to get in. The amount of time we have wasted trying to get this resolved, pretty much ruined our day. And then I thought I was going to be told at a restaurant that our old cards were no good, but thanks heavens they were.
So like I said it was " the worst day I ever spent at Disney" Being yelled at, on our Anniversary trip and to boot we had on our Anniversary buttons on. After, we did go back to Coronado Springs to get it cleared away and to put another day on our cards. I'm sorry I took so long in the writing but I just had to speak my mind. Thank you for listening

I'm sorry this happened, but in all honestyI'm confused as to why it's WDW's fault.

If you had booked a package with ten days of Park Hoppers and you were trying to use them on your 11th day, wouldn't common sense tell you that they weren't going to work? :confused3

While it seems like they could ahve handled it better at the parks, I think you need to take some of the responsibility for the mix-up yourselves.

As to it being an anniversary, frankly there are thousands of people at WDW every day celebrating something, I don't think anyone should get special treatment for it.

Anne

I'm not sure if you know this but...you are NOT allowed to say anything negative about Disney in any way...it makes people numb...(see ZZUB's trip report!);)

I for one am very sorry people treated you badly on your special trip. I don't think it's asking for special treatment to expect people, especially CM's,to treat you with a little compassion and at the very least respect when there is a mix up. When you are treated badly or made to feel insignificant, fault aside, it's hurtful.

Congratulations on your Anniversary! :flower3:

Wow, that really stinks then to get lit up on the post after is even worse. How was the rest of the trip?...and can anyone explain why a 10 day trip is as long as you can book at WDW? It seams a very poor way to sevice customers by having to book 2 seperate plans and then you have to stop your vacation to check in /out.:confused3

From what I understood from the poster and I might be wrong, they were trying to use their card on the 10th day as is states later on in the post that they had the day added back on when they returned to the hotel. It seems that the confusion was the way the cards were programed. Also, I did not get the impression that the poster felt they should have gotten special treatent because it was their anniversary. I think they felt bad because they were being screamed at in front of a large crowd, and this in turn placed a damper on a day they were suppose to be celebrating their anniversary. Anyway, I thought the whole idea of getting a "special occassion" button is so people (including CMs) can share in the celebration by a simple Happy Anniversary or Happy Birthday. I don't think most poeple expect more than that.

Bluenoser3652001 - I sorry you had to have such a negative experience on your anniversary, but glad everything turned out in the end. Hope that overall you had a great time at WDW.

I'm sorry your Anniversary didn't go as planned. It wasn't right at all that the CM would yell at you.
I have noticed that around Xmas that the CM are not as friendly as they normally are. They must have to work longer hours or deal with sooooo many more people.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :love:

nat

I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Anniversary!

No one should be treated with disrespect and yelling is certainly not appropriate, nor very "magical"

Thank you everyone for your comments, and thank you tinawv,natale1980, and a1tinkfans for your congradulations.
And ducklite: I never said it wasn't our responsibility for the mixup, I was only complaining about the CM yelling at us, (in my opinion she was very rude and you weren't there to see it and hear it) and "that we had used up our days" but our card still said 12/29/06 on it. That is why I thought our cards were good until midnight.
When we were there 2 years ago we had the parkhopper for the length of stay. It was different this year.
Safetymom:When did the 14 day trip come in? Is that still a package or just a 14 day stay at the resorts?
Thanks again everyone
Carol

Safetymom:When did the 14 day trip come in? Is that still a package or just a 14 day stay at the resorts?
Thanks again everyone
Carol

That sounds just awful. We got yelled at our last day by a CM and felt publicly humiliated. I hope you guys still had a great vacation and anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter