Worst counter service to date....

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
I lOve Disney food. Until yesterday, we have enjoyed every dining experience we have had. Then we ate dinner at China's counter service. It is a never to do ever again for me.

Now a positive vote for Coral Reed. Our food was delish!

I remember reading, in several places not just here, that you should avoid the Chinese food in Epcot. Gathering from your experience, this must be a wise decision. We had a CS meal in Japan -- it was pretty good plus the seating area was nice.

Hands down, China's CS was the absolute worst meal we have ever had in Disney. The Asian food at our local mall's food court is gourmet compared to that! Never again!! One would think that you couldn't ruin fried rice, but they proved me wrong!

We did thoroughly enjoy our Japan CS meal last year...it was excellent!

The orange chicken at Lotus Blossom is one of my dd's favorite foods in all of WDW. I guess it's hit or miss depending upon your personal taste.

Back Lot Express in DHS! In a word "YUCK" Avoid it. 1st time we ate there both DH and I got sick. We forgot about it ending up eating there again and got sick again and then remembered... LOL!

The Orange Chicken at Lotus Blossom is my favorite Chinese food anywhere, and one of my faves in the World. I get it every trip. If you order it "to go" they put the sauce on the side. The rice is awesome too, a bit "sticky." Love it :woohoo:

And I have been to Chinatowns in San Francisco, NYC, and Chicago, so I know a little about (Americanized) Chinese food. :thumbsup2

Back Lot Express in DHS! In a word "YUCK" Avoid it. 1st time we ate there both DH and I got sick. We forgot about it ending up eating there again and got sick again and then remembered... LOL!

Usually when you get sick at a restaurant, it is from employees not washing their hands after going to the bathroom. Sounds like BLE needs some handwashing lessons!

Last year I had some battered and fried hamburger at the counter service place attached to Raglan Road. YUCK! I think they fried it in the same oil they fried the fish for the fish and chips!

Dopey420 said:
Usually when you get sick at a restaurant, it is from employees not washing their hands after going to the bathroom. Sounds like BLE needs some handwashing lessons!

Or someone doesn't wash their own...

I remember reading, in several places not just here, that you should avoid the Chinese food in Epcot. Gathering from your experience, this must be a wise decision. We had a CS meal in Japan -- it was pretty good plus the seating area was nice.
During a trip last month, we had AWFUL Lo Mein at the Chinese food station in the Sunshine Food Court in the Land Pavilion. It was mushy...really bad.

We have eaten at the CS in China in epcot three times and found it fresh and tasty. Sorry op you did not.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I hate threads like this.

Not to pick on the OP, but if you're going to state that something is the "worst" to date, you should provide details on why you feel that way.

Was the food itself awful? Why? Did it just taste bad? Was it undercooked or burnt? Or was it the service that was poor? Dirty restaurant or tables? Why was it the "worst"?

Details, people. It's why we're on a discussion board.

I hate threads like this.

Not to pick on the OP, but if you're going to state that something is the "worst" to date, you should provide details on why you feel that way.

Was the food itself awful? Why? Did it just taste bad? Was it undercooked or burnt? Or was it the service that was poor? Dirty restaurant or tables? Why was it the "worst"?

Details, people. It's why we're on a discussion board.

I was going to say the same thing. What made Lotus Blossom such a bad experience? I actually love it there! Every restaurant has an off day.

I love Orange chicken as long as it's not fatty.Nothing WORSE than a FATTY piece!! ICK!!! I kinda wanted to try Lotus Cafe. Not so sure now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter