Worried about reservations being cancelled

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
I have a family of 4, but for one reservation we decided to split up and 2 will eat at one restaurant and the other 2 at another. I did make it for the same time but at different restaurants. When I booked the second one online it said that I had duplicate reservations. I was confused since I made it with my husbands name (since he will be going to the other restaurant with one child while I go to one with the other child). I just clicked on that I want to keep both since we are not double booking...we are going to two different restaurants.

I'm worried that they won't notice that it says 2 guest for each restaurant and think that we are double booking and cancel them.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I've never had to do this before since we've eaten together all the time. This time, we thought we'd get two favourite restaurants in at the same time.

Any experiences or suggestions would be great. Thanks.:)

I have done it before, but used my husbands name, email and phone number. Also made sure I wasn't logged in to the website. I would call and make sure they don't cancel. Have a fun trip.

Thanks.

I do have it under my husband's name and I'm just hoping they realized that it is only for 2 guest and the other one is for 2 guests as well. Ever other reservation is under 4 guests.

I guess I'm nervous that they won't even investigate it before cancelling it. I wished there was a section to make notes in order to explain why it appears like it's been double booked.

I'll just keep checking occasionally to make sure it's still there. I would hope that if they do have to cancel it, they would contact me so I would have a chance to explain why I have two booked for the same time.

Thanks.

I do have it under my husband's name and I'm just hoping they realized that it is only for 2 guest and the other one is for 2 guests as well. Ever other reservation is under 4 guests.

I guess I'm nervous that they won't even investigate it before cancelling it. I wished there was a section to make notes in order to explain why it appears like it's been double booked.

I'll just keep checking occasionally to make sure it's still there. I would hope that if they do have to cancel it, they would contact me so I would have a chance to explain why I have two booked for the same time.

It's hit or miss on if they cancel a double booking or not (and yes, in their system, this would count). Now, the odds are that it won't get canceled as usually this only happens if a CM actually notices... but it can happen.

Are they both booked under your hotel reservation number or the same phone number? If so, it is a double booking. Try to change one of them to another phone number or only book one under your reservation number.

And if they do catch it and decide to cancel it you will not receive any sort of notice.

Thanks.

I do have it under my husband's name and I'm just hoping they realized that it is only for 2 guest and the other one is for 2 guests as well.

If they do cancel these reservations, this will be the reason why. If you had booked 4 people at one and 2 at the other, they may not consider it a double booking. With 2 booked at each, that sends up a red flag. They may let it slide, but they don't have to. Also, they don't have to cancel just one, they can cancel both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter